• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

If we lose Lloris, Petr Cech has to be our first stop.
Do you see this as a realistic signing? I don't know, but I can only guess that after ten (or so) years on an Abramovic payroll, our offer would seem rather cheap. How is his contract situation like? I can only imagine that there will be plenty of suitors if he's available.

I think people are remembering the old Cech, he has had a decade of a defensively setup team protecting him .. at the wages .. rather we go for a younger keeper

Do you see this as a realistic signing? I don't know, but I can only guess that after ten (or so) years on an Abramovic payroll, our offer would seem rather cheap. How is his contract situation like? I can only imagine that there will be plenty of suitors if he's available.

He's got 1 year left and Chelsea have apparently agreed he can leave this summer. He's only 32 - younger than you think

Chelsea want him to go abroad, he wants to go to Arsenal, so we might be a compromise for them.

He's got 1 year left and Chelsea have apparently agreed he can leave this summer. He's only 32 - younger than you think

Chelsea want him to go abroad, he wants to go to Arsenal, so we might be a compromise for them.

I genuinely do not think we will see a deal between the two clubs for many years. A lot of bad blood which started with Arnesen and continued...it would shock me TBH...

I genuinely do not think we will see a deal between the two clubs for many years. A lot of bad blood which started with Arnesen and continued...it would shock me TBH...

I just thought they might do it for the sake of a long servant - let him stay where his family are settled etc. And we're less of a direct rival of theirs than Arsenal. I don't think it would happen with a young player though.

I genuinely think Lloris will be here for a couple more seasons though - he appears settled and happy.

the two clubs have done business since Arnesen..

Mirallas may be slightly better than Chadli possibly but if so there's not much in it. Would seem like a signing for the sake of it and an reasonably expensive one at that. He's a decent player but not one who is going to fire us into the CL.

If you were going to buy anybody from Everton id buy that 28yr old that came in Jan he looks decent, turned their season round

I think Lennon would have made a difference for us in the second half of the season as well. He has his limitations but is better than what we have and maybe likely to get.

He's been on a level with Townsend since joining Everton, just looks better because he's in a struggling team.

Reading that Egyptian ex Basel player whom we faced in the EL a few seasons ago, bought by Chavs now on loan to Fiorentina is also a target. M Salah - not a bad looking player. But is he the type we want ? I think we need a leader there, haven't had one in aaaaages.

Reading that Egyptian ex Basel player whom we faced in the EL a few seasons ago, bought by Chavs now on loan to Fiorentina is also a target. M Salah - not a bad looking player. But is he the type we want ? I think we need a leader there, haven't had one in aaaaages.

We were after him when he was still at Basel, he was excellent against us in those 2 EL matches, but shock horror Chelsea nipped him and stalled his career

About Salah, he is a beast when he has space. I think he can do a good job for us with Eriksen and Kane. But don't think JM will sell him to us.

Reactions: DTA
Just watching the villa match. I was never really a fan of Benteke but I've seen the light. This guy is getting better and better. We really need to make a move for him this summer.

Just watching the villa match. I was never really a fan of Benteke but I've seen the light. This guy is getting better and better. We really need to make a move for him this summer.

His price is going up a million a goal again but he has a lot to offer a team in our position. Imagine him and Kane up front....

No doubt the comments will be about streaky strikers who only score when on a run, but I'd argue he only really scores when is actually fit enough (about now having missed pre season) and motivated

Too late now...

That should have been done in January; but then most of you were mocking us for suggesting it! Strange that those geniuses who said that he had "reverted to mean" do not seem to repeat it any more...

Too late now...

That should have been done in January; but then most of you were mocking us for suggesting it! Strange that those geniuses who said that he had "reverted to mean" do not seem to repeat it any more...

Revert to mean is what will happen when his current purple patch ends.

That's not the main reason I don't want him, he's just not the type of player I want to see up front for us and he's just better suited for a bottom half side where he's the focal point of everything.

Revert to mean is what will happen when his current purple patch ends.

Really?? I would put it to you that the "purple patch" is actually Benteke is reverting back to mean, now that he has gotten over a litany of injuries and a clueless manager...

Considering that Benteke plays in front of Hazard, De Bruyne, Mirallas and Fellaini for Belgium, and does brilliantly in such company, I will take your mid-table blase` comment with more than a bit of salt...

Really?? I would put it to you that the "purple patch" is actually Benteke is reverting back to mean, now that he has gotten over a litany of injuries and a clueless manager...

Considering that Benteke plays in front of Hazard, De Bruyne, Mirallas and Fellaini for Belgium, and does brilliantly in such company, I will take your mid-table blase` comment with more than a bit of salt...

Bingo

He is a beast of a player who has scored plenty in the league were in for a bang average side... But we sing want him as he is a big lump.... wTF

Back