• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Add a striker (Ings perhaps) to that list and it would be a great summer for me. And as always I want a target man striker option to come in, but would be perfectly happy with someone with potential from abroad filling that role :)

Not entirely convinced by Alderweireld, thought I wouldn't mind him joining us. The back is probably where we have the most experienced and PL experience with Dier and Fazio both with a PL season behind them to add to Rose, Walker, Vertonghen and Davies all with with 2 or more seasons in the PL. Someone like Wimmer or Schar coming in and we could be sorted actually.

Forgot about Ings, but yeah, definately a target for me. I think he'd overtake Rodriguez on the hit-list as there is no telling how he will recover from that injury and fitness is crucial to Poch's system. Ings reminds me a bit of Robbie Keane and playing off Kane could be a big player for us in my opinion. He has an eye for a shot and takes up dangerous positions in and around the area, showing quite a bit of intelligence. I really like him as a player.

Not sure Poch is that convinced by Fazio in this system, in the PL. Saying that, he is a leader (which is why i think he was brought in) and our best defensive displays have tended to come with him in the side. Dier is very promising. My only issue is that both he and Vertonghen look a lot more comfortable with a solid leader type stopper alongside them. When they play together, we look a bit wobbly under pressure.

I'd be tempted to test Southampton's resolve over Jose Fonte, who seems to me to be the real rock behind their defensive solidarity and appears to have made Lovren and I guess potentially Alderweireld look good.

Apologies if already discussed, but apparently a Turkish newspaper is reporting that Emmanuel Emenike (the Fenerbahce striker) is in the process of "buying a house in Essex". I know nothing about the guy, but I'd be a bit concerned about a player who earned his reputation in the Russian league and then, despite being in his prime as a player (he's 27, not some hot prospect full of potential), ends up struggling to score in the less than competitive Turkish league.

I don't want any new eligible African Nations tournament players coming in. Losing Benteleb is enough disruption. If they have to go down that route then they need to be PL ready.. say like a Hull City Diame who I think is a good player and someone Hull have missed.

How do we compare this week's rumours saying Hugo wants to leave us for a CL vs the rumour that we will sign Schneiderlin?

Both with no quotes. So if we can dismiss the Lloris one, can we do the same for the Schneiderlin one?

Forgot about Ings, but yeah, definately a target for me. I think he'd overtake Rodriguez on the hit-list as there is no telling how he will recover from that injury and fitness is crucial to Poch's system. Ings reminds me a bit of Robbie Keane and playing off Kane could be a big player for us in my opinion. He has an eye for a shot and takes up dangerous positions in and around the area, showing quite a bit of intelligence. I really like him as a player.

Not sure Poch is that convinced by Fazio in this system, in the PL. Saying that, he is a leader (which is why i think he was brought in) and our best defensive displays have tended to come with him in the side. Dier is very promising. My only issue is that both he and Vertonghen look a lot more comfortable with a solid leader type stopper alongside them. When they play together, we look a bit wobbly under pressure.

I'd be tempted to test Southampton's resolve over Jose Fonte, who seems to me to be the real rock behind their defensive solidarity and appears to have made Lovren and I guess potentially Alderweireld look good.

I would rather Fonte than Alderweireld to be honest. I think Fazio has done well and should stay. Good chance he improves next season with the PL experience, a year under Poch and a full pre-season.

How do we compare this week's rumours saying Hugo wants to leave us for a CL vs the rumour that we will sign Schneiderlin?

Both with no quotes. So if we can dismiss the Lloris one, can we do the same for the Schneiderlin one?

I think you're way too extreme in your description of what both those rumours have suggested.

Hugo: Suggesting that he would like to play in the CL and keeping his options open - seems reasonable. Way different to some previous players that have been quite clear that they wanted to leave us.

Schneiderlin: From what I've said it's saying that we're interested and will target him. Not that "we will sign him".

Don't think neither should be flatly dismissed, but I also don't think particular weight should be given to either.

Personally I take all rumours, ITK, newspapers, blogs with a pinch of salt, the reason being the vast majority are just full of flimflam.

From what i've read today:

We are in talks with Marseille for Thauvin already with the price fluctuating between 12-20 euros depending on what report you read.
We have yet to offer Ayew a pre contract, though it is rumoured many clubs have. One news link however says that Poch has had a Skype conversation with the player.
We have been closely monitoring Albin Ekdal of Calgiari since the summer, however Trabzonspor have already made preliminary enquiries about him and we may miss out.
Schneiderlin is free to go wherever he wants and we will offer Stambouli or Townsend + cash for him.

Oh and Barcelona will buy Harry Kane off of us in January 2016 when their transfer ban is lifted

Last edited:
Back