• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

What are people's thoughts on Delph? I must admit I haven't seen much of him, but he was fantastic for Villa against Everton the other day.

Would he do well sitting alongside Bentaleb?

Forgive me... Its not a couple, its thought to be four they are going to need from those leaving and out of contract (Milner, Lampard, Sinclair and Guidetti)... then add to this the rise in the regulations then they will be looking to fill these spots. They would not comply with FFP if they spent 30-40m on each one so they would need the odd player that cost less. Because of the rise in the numbers within the 25 man squad they would need to get rid of the Dzeko's and Negredo's, even Navas to fulfil the criteria.

Its not that far fetched that Lennon could be a decent squad piece for Emirates Marketing Project in the slightest and at a decent cost, swapping for Negredo would be good business for them IMO.
I completely agree with your thought process in that City need to sign more English players and they can't all be premium money buys.

I just don't see Lennon as someone they'd be interested in, he's not even deemed good enough for us - He's certainly not good enough for City and can't see them wanting him because he's English. They're not even moving heaven and earth to keep a better player in Milner so why would they want Lennon?

Just my opinion obviously, but would be delighted if you're right with the deal you suggested....

What are people's thoughts on Delph? I must admit I haven't seen much of him, but he was fantastic for Villa against Everton the other day.

Just before he signed a new deal there was paper talk of us wanting him and most here in typical fashion turned their noses up at him. Think he suits Poch's high energy game perfectly....

I completely agree with your thought process in that City need to sign more English players and they can't all be premium money buys.

I just don't see Lennon as someone they'd be interested in, he's not even deemed good enough for us - He's certainly not good enough for City and can't see them wanting him because he's English. They're not even moving heaven and earth to keep a better player in Milner so why would they want Lennon?

Just my opinion obviously, but would be delighted if you're right with the deal you suggested....

I agree. Think it's more likely that they'll continue trying to buy younger players with potential to fill their squad rather than players like Lennon. Can't be sure of course, but that's been how they've done it in the past.

Just before he signed a new deal there was paper talk of us wanting him and most here in typical fashion turned their noses up at him. Think he suits Poch's high energy game perfectly....

Not convinced by him. Reminds me a bit of Dembele (who would look excellent at Villa) in that he seems slow to release the ball. Haven't seen enough of him to be sure, but not convinced that he'd be a perfect fit for Pochettino's passing game.

Now that he's signed a new contract I think it's kind of a mute point. Surely Villa would ask £12-15m for him at least and I think that money can be better spent on other players. When he was potentially available on a free it was a different story I think. Can't help but think that perhaps the big clubs (including us) stayed away with his contract expiring and that's why he signed a new one.

He would indeed, as long as we bring back Tim to manage him :)

I agree. Think it's more likely that they'll continue trying to buy younger players with potential to fill their squad rather than players like Lennon. Can't be sure of course, but that's been how they've done it in the past.

Not convinced by him. Reminds me a bit of Dembele (who would look excellent at Villa) in that he seems slow to release the ball. Haven't seen enough of him to be sure, but not convinced that he'd be a perfect fit for Pochettino's passing game.

Now that he's signed a new contract I think it's kind of a mute point. Surely Villa would ask £12-15m for him at least and I think that money can be better spent on other players. When he was potentially available on a free it was a different story I think. Can't help but think that perhaps the big clubs (including us) stayed away with his contract expiring and that's why he signed a new one.
I suppose it depends on the fee Villa would want, obviously a more attractive proposition on a free. I'd guess that some of the top 4 might of been prepared to sign him on a free,maybe we have a better chance now that's not possible but I think that ship has sailed.

I like Mason, but think Delph is a better player at the moment. But this is Masons debut PL season so doesn't mean that won't change...

Works hard but technically poor. People complain about masons miss passes which are generally the harder ones... Delph struggles with 10 yard passes

He does put a shift in but I want players who do more than that

I suppose it depends on the fee Villa would want, obviously a more attractive proposition on a free. I'd guess that some of the top 4 might of been prepared to sign him on a free,maybe we have a better chance now that's not possible but I think that ship has sailed.

I like Mason, but think Delph is a better player at the moment. But this is Masons debut PL season so doesn't mean that won't change...

Ultimately this for me... I don't think anyone rated Delph two years ago. If we're going to spend that kind of money on a player I would want it to be someone better right now or with more potential than Delph. Not just a decent upgrade on Mason who himself might push on to become as good as Delph...

If Delph goes to a top 4 team I think he will have the Parker/Sidwell/Rodwell experience. I might be wrong though and he could develop and push on like Milner for example has, but not holding my breath for that right now at least.

Dream signings for me in central midfield remains Schneiderlin or Cabaye. Both would cost quite a bit more than Delph I imagine (fee + wages + considering age for Cabaye). But either would be substantially better first team upgrades and thus be better value for money in my eyes at least. Would be different if Delph was available on a free.

Just watching the villa match. I was never really a fan of Benteke but I've seen the light. This guy is getting better and better. We really need to make a move for him this summer.

He would be perfect for us and I have always thought so, we may have missed the boat on signing him but he would be massive for us.

Hmm maybe it was a one off against Everton, but he played some cracking passes.

He is playing better under sherwood but against better opposition he really struggles

Italy vs England he was hooked for misplacing 8 passes in one half and they were easy ones.

Beld reported that we showed interest on Max Kruse from B.Monchengladbach.
Do you mean Bild?
Erm............

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/max-kruse/wechsel-nach-wolfsburg-perfekt-40836792.bild.html

They are actually reporting that a deal is completed to take him Wolfsburg:

Der Wechsel soll zeitnah und noch vor dem Bundesliga-Wochenende bekannt gegeben – damit sich beide Klubs auf den Liga-Endspurt konzentrieren können
The transfer should soon be announced and certainly before the weekend - so that both clubs can concentrate on their final push in the league.

It even has reaction from Gladback fans protesting the transfer!

Last edited:
Do you mean Bild?
Erm............

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/max-kruse/wechsel-nach-wolfsburg-perfekt-40836792.bild.html

They are actually reporting that a deal is completed to take him Wolfsburg:

Der Wechsel soll zeitnah und noch vor dem Bundesliga-Wochenende bekannt gegeben – damit sich beide Klubs auf den Liga-Endspurt konzentrieren können
The transfer should soon be announced and certainly before the weekend - so that both clubs can concentrate on their final push in the league.

It even has reaction from Gladback fans protesting the transfer!

Good name though...

We need someone with a good German name, something one can shout in a faux-German accent for the fun of it... Suggestions for good (enough) players with great German names AE?

Probably gonna get a lot of stick for this :) but I would like us to try to sign Stevan Jovetic if City decides to sell him. Better than both Townsend and Lamela IMO.

Probably gonna get a lot of stick for this :) but I would like us to try to sign Stevan Jovetic if City decides to sell him. Better than both Townsend and Lamela IMO.

IIRC he's a striker. I think we'd have trouble keeping him happy when sitting on the bench behind Kane.

The biggest problem would be coming anywhere near the wages he's bound to be on at City.

The biggest problem would be coming anywhere near the wages he's bound to be on at City.

And he is brick

The guys doesn't work hard, doesn't have a physical presence and doesn't score enough

I was gutted arsenal didn't blow their money in him a while back

Star in a weak team IMO

A lot of good quotes from Poch about the transfer window these days.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-with-premier-league-experience-10234974.html

“If we can reach the players with experience of the Premier League, I think it is better because it is good when you’ve played in it,” said the Spurs head coach. “You know the country, the competition.

“But if not, we still need to add players with the right profile for the way we want to play. It’s not just about players who play in the Premier League. We need to develop our philosophy and our game, and this is everything.”

Back