• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

There's also the fact that he'll cost a buttload of money. Money much better spent elsewhere.

There's also the fact that he'll cost a buttload of money. Money much better spent elsewhere.

Where though?

Seriously, I've heard that argument loads of times but never heard of a better example like for like yet!!!

Please name a player who would be better that we could attract?

Where though?

Seriously, I've heard that argument loads of times but never heard of a better example like for like yet!!!

Please name a player who would be better that we could attract?
Ings would be better. Jay Rodriguez if he has recovered completely. Both cheaper, work harder and can play other positions while being a backup for Kane.
What we need to spend on is our midfield, then the 3 behind Kane. Any striker brought in would be purely backup and should preferably be able to cover other positions as well.

Ings would be better. Jay Rodriguez if he has recovered completely. Both cheaper, work harder and can play other positions while being a backup for Kane.
What we need to spend on is our midfield, then the 3 behind Kane. Any striker brought in would be purely backup and should preferably be able to cover other positions as well.

I like ings, I do but he is not a patch on Benteke as a centre forward so far

Whilst I agree we need to get better players for the midfield Kane can drop into their if we have more strength up front. We need pace in Those areas and neither Ings or Rodruiguez are rapid (quick enough but not super fast)

We also have no idea if Rodriguez will ever play well enough again

I just don't think a striker/target man should be a priority at all until we've gotten a CM, at least one AM/FW and a CB.

I just don't think a striker/target man should be a priority at all until we've gotten a CM, at least one AM/FW and a CB.

I think we have to buy whoever we can who will improve the team and squad irrelevant of the position so to speak. If a great player is gettable in an area where we have no depth we have to take the plunge

We have no practical depth up front

I think we have to buy whoever we can who will improve the team and squad irrelevant of the position so to speak. If a great player is gettable in an area where we have no depth we have to take the plunge

We have no practical depth up front

But not if that player will cost 25+ million. There has to be some prioritising as to where we spend.

But not if that player will cost 25+ million. There has to be some prioritising as to where we spend.
He won't cost that much IMO big he won't be cheap

We have additional midfield depth next season with Ali and Pricthatd coming

We don't have any forward depth at all with ade sure go leave and Soldado too

It's a priority for me but I also think bigger sides will be in for him

Forget Salah, his feelings towards the Jewish community is well documented, absolutely no way he comes, no way Levy would sanction it also.
Reports saying we were close to signing IMO are absolute gonad*s and made by unknowledgeable hacks and dingdonghead ITKs .

Benteke is a great striker, but I agree that he's not a priority. We need to improve our FIRST TEAM, not our squad. We need a Central midfielder more than anything. Then a centre back. Then a winger. After that we can look at a striker, but realistically, we need a back up to kane surely. Benteke would expect to start. A young player with loads of potential is more beneficial I reckon. Maybe the season after, with champions league we can look to really having two first class strikers who'd be expecting to start.

Wonder if we could take advantage of Cities low number English players and offer them Lennon for Negredo seeing as there are rumours that Valencia want out of the deal. Even use the bait for Dzeko.

He won't cost that much IMO big he won't be cheap

He will cost that much! Why shouldn't he? If it were our player that is the least we would demand so why shouldn't Villa? The only reason the price would be less is if there is a private agreement with the player that he can leave for say 20mill if he keeps them up this season (wildly conspiratory)?

Considering we paid 30mill on Sold-a-dud, is that too much to pay for a player who can give you up to 10 points a season?

Wonder if we could take advantage of Cities low number English players and offer them Lennon for Negredo seeing as there are rumours that Valencia want out of the deal. Even use the bait for Dzeko.
Lol you seriously think Emirates Marketing Project who are going to be rebuilding next season are going to consider taking Aaron Lennon, all because they could do with a couple more English players in their squad?!

Forgive me if you was messing around, otherwise that's real pie in the sky stuff...

Lol you seriously think Emirates Marketing Project who are going to be rebuilding next season are going to consider taking Aaron Lennon, all because they could do with a couple more English players in their squad?!

Forgive me if you was messing around, otherwise that's real pie in the sky stuff...

They bought Scott Sinclair, don't forget.

They bought Scott Sinclair, don't forget.
Who was about 23, with the potential to improve.

I certainly don't think City will of forgotten that signing either which makes the proposition of them wanting Lennon even less likely. They really don't need a poorer version of Navas, English or not...

Benteke is a great striker, but I agree that he's not a priority. We need to improve our FIRST TEAM, not our squad. We need a Central midfielder more than anything. Then a centre back. Then a winger. After that we can look at a striker, but realistically, we need a back up to kane surely. Benteke would expect to start. A young player with loads of potential is more beneficial I reckon. Maybe the season after, with champions league we can look to really having two first class strikers who'd be expecting to start.

We do need to improve our squad though. Look at the bench today, look at the bench any match day...

Forgive me... Its not a couple, its thought to be four they are going to need from those leaving and out of contract (Milner, Lampard, Sinclair and Guidetti)... then add to this the rise in the regulations then they will be looking to fill these spots. They would not comply with FFP if they spent 30-40m on each one so they would need the odd player that cost less. Because of the rise in the numbers within the 25 man squad they would need to get rid of the Dzeko's and Negredo's, even Navas to fulfil the criteria.

Its not that far fetched that Lennon could be a decent squad piece for Emirates Marketing Project in the slightest and at a decent cost, swapping for Negredo would be good business for them IMO.

Considering we paid 30mill on Sold-a-dud, is that too much to pay for a player who can give you up to 10 points a season?

he cant give anyone an additional expectation of 10 points a season. nowhere near close to that amount.

ask yourself this, how many points would messi give us? add those points to our average points tally. you've probably got us winning the title havent you. now we all know that we wouldnt win the league even with messi. so you adjust your expectations of benteke appropriately.

what we need is a set of players that work better together. imo i think we would be better off trying to work with our current core of players to acheive better team cohesion. maybe add a player he or there. but i dont think there is a need for a marquee player.

Back