• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fraser Forster

What is going on with this guy and more importantly waht is going on with the lack of coaching at our club? Why is Forster consistently pushing the ball straight in front of him when attempting a save? He does it all the time and now for the second time a goal has been conceded because of it.

What is going on with this guy and more importantly waht is going on with the lack of coaching at our club? Why is Forster consistently pushing the ball straight in front of him when attempting a save? He does it all the time and now for the second time a goal has been conceded because of it.
He's 34, very hard to coach out the bad habits developed over a career at this stage.

Before the goal, there was a long range shot that in my view, was not swerving or very powerful, (and as a former-goalkeeper in my youth) looked catchable, but some reason he pushed over the bar for a corner.
His constant habit of pushing shots outward and not sidewards is asking for trouble, and his mobility is a concern. He earned credit early in the 2nd half for a really good save, but threw it away with some shocking decisions in the last 25/30mins.

All I can say is Alfie Whiteman must be poor if he cant get a game v Forest ahead of Forster

What do you think of Morrocco’s Bono? I might be guilty of WC fever, but coupled with the club performances I have seen, he feels like he’d be good for us. Maybe a question mark with his actual footwork?

Not keen on an African keeper.

He is Nigerian. So pretty sure he wasn’t being racist.

Plus he made the same joke recently, and someone blew up at him, so I’m guessing he would appreciate my post.

At the risk of sounding preachy mate, I don't think it matters what the ethnic origin is of a person making a statement that can be construed as racist. That's how people of colour in the Tory government think they can get away with it. Just saying we all have to be careful with language.

That statement actually does come across that way even if not meant.

FFS

At the risk of sounding preachy mate, I don't think it matters what the ethnic origin is of a person making a statement that can be construed as racist. That's how people of colour in the Tory government think they can get away with it. Just saying we all have to be careful with language.

I have made it clear on numerous occasions as to why I would limit the amount of African players in our squad, and it is the exact same reason as to why I would rather our keeper not be African. If anybody thinks that makes me a racist, well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I make no apology.

Suffice to say, in the middle of a good season, I would rather not see my first choice keeper disappear for a month to go and play in the ANC. For the same reason I would not want 4 or 5 of our key players to be African. Now if you want to seriously construe that as racist, then knock yourself out, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Last edited:
FFS

I have made it clear on numerous occasions as to why I would limit the amount of African players in our squad, and it is the exact same reason as to why I would rather our keeper not be African. If anybody thinks that makes me a racist, well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I make no apology.

Suffice to say, in the middle of a good season, I would rather not see my first choice keeper disappear for a month of the season to go and play in the ANC. For the same reason I would not want 4 or 5 of our key players to be African. Now if you want to seriously construe that as racist, then knock yourself out, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

I agree with this, its not ideal to lose your pest players to a mid season competition, be that any comp, are people seriously saying thats racist? I must have missed that gold

FFS

Suffice to say, in the middle of a good season, I would rather not see my first choice keeper disappear for a month to go and play in the ANC. For the same reason I would not want 4 or 5 of our key players to be African. Now if you want to seriously construe that as racist, then knock yourself out, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

sooner or later surely they will see sense and move it to the European summer break

the CL should dictate the global football calendar

FFS

Good post, the problem is there are some who use the racist card at every opportunity.

FFS

Oh for fudge sake. I am a person of colour no doubt like you and with everything that is happening at the moment around the far right and the normalisation of racist language, I am pointing out that we need to be careful with language. There was no context to your original statement so could easily be misconstrued. That's it. And I really don't appreciate the post above from someone who thinks to lecture me about playing racist cards.

Last edited:
Oh for fudge sake. I am a person of colour no doubt like you and with everything that is happening at the moment around the far right and the normalisation of racist language, I am pointing out that we need to be careful with language. There was no context to your original statement so could easily be misconstrued. That's it. And I really don't appreciate the post above from someone who thinks to lecture me about playing racist cards.

Well i am sorry i have no idea what race you are and my post was certainly not aimed at you, however i stand by my post and have no doubt some do.

I think Forster is doing OK as a backup keeper.
Not great, not awful.
That first time shank from Traore was very fortunate and whistled into the stanchion in 3 milliseconds.
I agree Forster would ideally push the ball wide rather than back into the box.
Donnarumma made 2 bigger mistakes yesterday, and is a better keeper.

Back