• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fraser Forster

he's got six england caps - hardly say "not a great goalkeeper" does it?

He's big, he's imposing and he's got the record for the longest time without conceding a goal at both Celtic and Southampton. You'd don't achieve those accolades without being at least great.

Goalkeeper at celtic has been a problem position for decades, I'm in my 50s and can barely remember them having a better than average keeper, so i wouldn't judge him too much on that. I also think there's been a lot of over hyped England keepers who have won caps because they are the current media favourites.
Like most keepers his great games are great and his bad mistakes get picked over, he's a solid keeper with a decent all round game, he's about as good as we could hope for, don't think we too much to worry about with him.

Goalkeeper at celtic has been a problem position for decades, I'm in my 50s and can barely remember them having a better than average keeper, so i wouldn't judge him too much on that. I also think there's been a lot of over hyped England keepers who have won caps because they are the current media favourites.
Like most keepers his great games are great and his bad mistakes get picked over, he's a solid keeper with a decent all round game, he's about as good as we could hope for, don't think we too much to worry about with him.
Im less worried about him than our last four or five back up keeper duds.

You wont remember Celtic's Frank Haffey I think his last game for Scotland was the 9-3 lost to England at Wembley.

Packie Bonner was pretty decent, no?

A different age when you could use that shortening of Patrick...

I mean it's not a shortening though is it? That'd be quite like calling Nigel a N- Nevermind I'm sure the "it's racist for me, a white person to not be able to say the N word crowd will be out in full force.

Reactions: DTA
I like big intimidating keepers. Too bad he hasn't had a lot of games and will be rusty... and with our best defender out, I don't blame him if things look shaky at first. I do expect him to do better than loris eg high balls, 1v1, distribution. loris' form has been patchy since the world Cup, so not too much pressure on forster I hope.

He has today proved that he is officially brick, and that we are totally fukked with him in goal for the next 6-8 weeks.

laughable how a top-four-aspiring team can't afford a quality back up or don't have a succession plan for a 36 year old first team keeper

Back