• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and Homophobia

It is an uncomfortable message. Many Spurs fans are homophobic, many Spurs fans turn a blind eye to homophobia, many Spurs fans do not want to speak out. And the new star signing is a poster boy for homophobia.

No one wants to hear that.

You are right, nobody does want to hear such accusations.

If you follow down the thread you can see Milo will be speaking to you about it, no action has been taken and for all we know none will.

Continue speaking like that though and maybe things will change. You cannot brand people on here like that with no reason other than being as worked up as you are.

I am yet to see anything on here that is either homophobic or supporting homophobia.

JPBB - I would really like to read what your definition of homophobia is. The word has been slung about a lot so it'd be good to see how close people are in their understanding/use of such a term.

I do not follow your logic.

Milo was offended by the post. He punished me for it.
NFTHWL was not.
I did not intend to insult NFTHWT

However, because Milo was offended by the post. And it was reasonable for him to be offended. It was wrong.

It supports my argument.

i am not complaining. It is inevitable that Milo will ban me. Maybe today. Maybe tomorrow. Who knows when he can justify it to himself.

It is an uncomfortable message. Many Spurs fans are homophobic, many Spurs fans turn a blind eye to homophobia, many Spurs fans do not want to speak out. And the new star signing is a poster boy for homophobia.

No one wants to hear that.

It doesn't support your argument because you don't have one.

You are complaining about us signing this player because he offended you, even though his supposed slur wasn't aimed at you.
Yet you complain that Milo is offended at the slur you made that wasn't aimed at Milo.
Double standards. You've backed yourself into a corner and rather than give it up you insist in twisting everyone's words.

My last word on this, you are now throwing out slurs about the spurs support in the hope you get banned and can walk away blaming us and labelling us.

Intent/Context is everything. The way some of my friends talk to each other in general would be horrific if they spoke to a stranger the same way.

Of course, they dont. Just as they dont get offended by each other, there is understanding of the intent (or lack of) on either side and that it is in the context of banter between mates.

If Aurier meant it as a homophobic slur then absolutely give him both barrels, and yes he should show remorse.

If he didnt, then people are just choosing to be offended as the opportunity has arose. Something which itself is something of an epidemic these days.

If you recall, Stephen Fry had an interesting view on taking offence, though using language I would not choose to employ.
It's particularly apposite in the light of him being a homosexual who is very much in the public eye.

I am yet to see anything on here that is either homophobic or supporting homophobia.[/QUOTE

This has been my point ever since he began with this nonsense in the original Aurier thread. I've repeatedly asked him to point out examples of homophobia and he repeatedly ignores my requests. Because there arent any

are we not being a little bit precious, we were having similar discussions on the usage of the word Yid - there are certainly some in the Jewish community who are offended by its use but we argued successfully that its intent as well as usage.

Nail on he head, there are those who will see offense around every corner ( regardless of what was said and how it was meant).

I don't really care I'f I'm honest, I'm a big boy I can deal with being called names

This.

Sorry to say this but i would imagine you have very few if you keep banging on in their presence as much as you do on this. Unless they are all as precious as you are coming over as. Hope this does not offend you but i would imagine you will be telling all you so called friends that Spurs fans are all homophobic. Good GHod.

It doesn't support your argument because you don't have one.

You are complaining about us signing this player because he offended you, even though his supposed slur wasn't aimed at you.
Yet you complain that Milo is offended at the slur you made that wasn't aimed at Milo.
Double standards. You've backed yourself into a corner and rather than give it up you insist in twisting everyone's words.

My last word on this, you are now throwing out slurs about the spurs support in the hope you get banned and can walk away blaming us and labelling us.

I don't think you get the point. I say Milo is entitled to be offended. And he was. So he punished me. It supports the view that what matters is not my intention but how offended he was. And he clearly was. Even though I had no intention of insult him or indeed any one else.

You are in denial if you do not think there are homophobes amongst Spurs fans and in particular on here, that many turn a blind eye to homophobic comments, that some are scared to speak out about it because of the hostile environment on here on this subject. Only one person has said I might have a point and s/he was flamed. On the other hand your suggestion that I stop supporting Spurs and start supporting "Rainbow united" (I guess you mean Arsenal) got much support.

Last edited:
I don't think you get the point. I say Milo is entitled to be offended. And he was. So he punished me. It supports the view that what matters is not my intention but how offended he was. And he clearly was. Even though I had no intention of insult him or indeed any one else.

You are in denial if you do not think there are homophobes amongst Spurs fans and in particular on here, that many turn a blind eye to homophobic comments, that some are scared to speak out about it because of the hostile environment on here on this subject. Only one person has said I might have a point and s/he was flamed. On the other hand your suggestion that I stop supporting Spurs and start supporting "Rainbow united" get much support.
I have a relative like you who sees anti semitism everywhere. She obsessed with it and 99% of the time she's imagining it. She probably causes the little she is subject too from her obsessive ranting. Do you see my point? Now I will ask again. Where in this thread has anyone made a homophobic remark?

Sorry to say this but i would imagine you have very few if you keep banging on in their presence as much as you do on this. Unless they are all as precious as you are coming over as. Hope this does not offend you but i would imagine you will be telling all you so called friends that Spurs fans are all homophobic.

Those of my friends that are reading this are quite shocked by some comments on here.

Those of my friends that are reading this are quite shocked by some comments on here.

Are some football fans homophobic - Yes
Are some football players homophobic - Yes
Are some football fans racist - Yes
Are some football players racist - Yes
Should Homophobia be treated the same as Racism - Yes
Was what Aurier said actually homophobic or insulting - Debatable
If Blanc was Gay was what Aurier said homophobic - Yes

Read the thread with interest, i have gay friends, and family. However you are coming across overly aggressive with your views. You seem to be reading the posts as defending homophobia, not that 90% of the posters are just pointing out we don't know the intent.
I am not sure that we can ban a player on the basis of a suspected view.

If he had said "I hate all gays they are disgusting" then i think the same 90% of fans wouldn't want him near the club.

It would be great if Aurier came out with a statement to clarify, but he is 24, seems a bit thick and probably hasnt got a clue about any of this.

Your story illustrated what matters is not what you say but how people perceive it. You understood this and did not use it again.

The LGBT community had been vocal in their offence at his use of the word. Yet, he still denies that it is homophobic. He is unrepentant. Why? My guess is that he does not give a brick what the LGBT community think. And that he has no respect for LGBT people.

Or he doesn't actually have a problem with gay people, and just said a word which has multiple meanings. Have you considered this? How can you rule this out?

If straight people act camp are they homophobic? Or gay? As this is the case for a tonne of posters on here!

If you call a white person the N word, are you racist?

If straight people act camp are they homophobic? Or gay? As this is the case for a tonne of posters on here!

If you call a white person the N word, are you racist?

The is a long history of smutty behaviour in British culture, I will for example in reply to Milo often say "Oh I say" when I see something that could be read as sexual, whether it is about men and men or men and women. It is end of the pier smut and something I like.

In my personal life and I have told this on here a few times over the years, myself and my wife have visited swinging clubs. Someone asked me what I was once, Straight, Gay, Bi, crossdresser, sexual deviant. I replied that I was just Ben Lambert and anyone who had a problem with it could fcuking do one.

Nothing wrong with a bit of camp acting, why I love the adult version of the pantomime they do every year in Brighton.

The is a long history of smutty behaviour in British culture, I will for example in reply to Milo often say "Oh I say" when I see something that could be read as sexual, whether it is about men and men or men and women. It is end of the pier smut and something I like.

In my personal life and I have told this on here a few times over the years, myself and my wife have visited swinging clubs. Someone asked me what I was once, Straight, Gay, Bi, crossdresser, sexual deviant. I replied that I was just Ben Lambert and anyone who had a problem with it could fcuking do one.

Nothing wrong with a bit of camp acting, why I love the adult version of the pantomime they do every year in Brighton.

Naughty you!

article-2254407-00CFC89900000190-614_634x559.jpg

Followed by another old saying " d'ont kick it till you try it".

Back