• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fergie: Retired, Moyes: Sacked, LVG/Giggs: The New Super Duo

Re: Fergie: Officially Retiring - Moyes Taking Over

I don't think that Ferguson recommended Moyes because he was his mate. I am certain that he thought that he was the best person to continue his work.

Nah. Ferguson knows damn well that there were better candidates, he's not stupid. I'm sure he thought Moyes would do better than he has but the decision was not made solely on football grounds I imagine.

Maybe he didn't want to be upstaged at the death by a high profile managerial appointment, and a meh manager like Moyes would show off his own achievements all the more. Conspiracy theory? Yes it is.

Nah. Ferguson knows damn well that there were better candidates, he's not stupid. I'm sure he thought Moyes would do better than he has but the decision was not made solely on football grounds I imagine.

Maybe he didn't want to be upstaged at the death by a high profile managerial appointment, and a meh manager like Moyes would show off his own achievements all the more. Conspiracy theory? Yes it is.

Some think he was doing a fellow Scot a favour. But Fergie's a Rangers man, Moyes is Celtic.

I don't think that Ferguson recommended Moyes because he was his mate. I am certain that he thought that he was the best person to continue his work.

Sorry, but out of all the managers in world football, how on earth could anyone think that the "best person" to carry on twenty years of winning success, would be to give the job to a man who had never won a thing at top level. It simply doesnt add up.

If Moyles easnt Fergies Scottish mate he would never have got a look in.

I agree.

Mourinho was the clear candidate. Experienced, successful, knows the league and available.

But Fergie didn't want to be upstaged I reckon. Ironically, if Fergie had 'picked' Jose and it had worked then that would only have reflected well on Fergie anyway.

Officially sacked

No surprise there - but what a strange timing, four games from the end of the season. Everyone have been able to see for at least five-six months that Moyes was struggling big time. If they wanted to save the season, now is far too late to sack him. Unless of course United already have someone else (LvG?) lined up, ready to be announced in a few hours.

So that's Cardiff, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Manchester United, Norwich, Sunderland, Swansea, Spurs and WBA all changing managers this season. Nine teams. Surely this is a PL record??

The Man Utd supporters trust spokesman on SSN is saying about how badly the Glazers have handled this, supporters polls say they want Klopp

Not shocked one bit. I said many times last summer that theres a good chance Moyes wouldnt last the season. How I wish I had put a bet on.

I never understood why they appointed him in the first place, it was so obvious to me they needed to bring in an experienced manager who had won titles. I expect LvG to be named as boss in the coming hours.

:lol: moyes was a dumb ass choice in the first place......6 year contract :ross:

Any quality manager will go to Utd over us. Just typical of what happens to Spurs. Always obstacles.

From Twitter

Man United confirm, on Twitter, that David Moyes has been sacked. But wished Dion Dublin a happy birthday first. Brilliant.

Any quality manager will go to Utd over us. Just typical of what happens to Spurs. Always obstacles.

Fingers crossed that Ryan Giggs proves to be a great success and gets the job permanently.

But yeah, it does feel like the Capello resignation all over again for us, so close and yet so far.

I do hope we don't get Moyes. If we do i doubt i'll be watching much next season.

Anyone else who thinks United have a Champions League clause that saves them a lot of money firing Moyes? Last week United still had a theoretical chance to reach CL after the weekend not...

Back