• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fergie: Retired, Moyes: Sacked, LVG/Giggs: The New Super Duo

Re: Fergie: Officially Retiring - Moyes Taking Over

Jurgen Klopp has ruled himself out of the Manchester United job. The 46-year-old told the Guardian: "Man Utd is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans. But my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is not breakable."

Klopp, who was widely reported to be one of the United board's preferred candidates to succeed David Moyes, extended his contract at the Bundesliga side until 2018 in October and explained that he was "still in love" with the club last week. United did inquire about the possibility of attaining his services recently but were told that Klopp was insistent on honoring his contract at the Signal Iduna Park.

Contrary to the perception in England, neither Dortmund nor their coach believe that the team have hit their glass ceiling after losing two key players, Mario Götze and Robert Lewandowski, to the league winners Bayern Munich.

The club have only begun to establish themselves as the German league's second force after nearly going out of business in 2005. Strong financial growth over the course of the last three years has seen their turnover rise to £256m in 2012-13, a figure that puts them ahead of Premier League teams like Liverpool £240m and Tottenham Hotspur £172m.

Since taking on the job the 2008, Klopp has led his young squad to two championships, one German FA Cup and an appearance at the Champions League final in Wembley last may. Dortmund have qualified for the next Champions League group stage and will also contest this year's cup final in Berlin, where Bayern will once again provide the opposition.

Dortmund, meanwhile, are interested in resigning Shinji Kagawa from United. The Japanese midfielder has struggled to be a regular at Old Trafford since his £17.6m move from Dortmund in 2012. Kagawa was believed to be weighing up the option of a return to Germany but is now expected to wait for the arrival of United's new manager, in the hope that his chances will improve

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ter-united-moyes-borussia-dortmund?CMP=twt_gu

I agree.

Mourinho was the clear candidate. Experienced, successful, knows the league and available.

But Fergie didn't want to be upstaged I reckon. Ironically, if Fergie had 'picked' Jose and it had worked then that would only have reflected well on Fergie anyway.

Another factor was a manager to work within the restraints set by the Glazers. Mourinho would never go along with the "no value in the market" line. Moyes would work within the constraints without complaint. While Moyes has spent money he only got one big signing in the summer after most of their supposed targets fell through and Mata could be considered an emergency buy to try and arrest the decline.

What the hell were the Everton fans at booing Moyes on Sunday? I've always considered Everton fans towards the classier end of the fan scale, but I think they really let themselves down there. No need for it at all, it didn't gain anything for their team on the pitch, and Moyes didn't act dishonourably towards their club. Poor, poor show IMO.

What the hell were the Everton fans at booing Moyes on Sunday? I've always considered Everton fans towards the classier end of the fan scale, but I think they really let themselves down there. No need for it at all, it didn't gain anything for their team on the pitch, and Moyes didn't act dishonourably towards their club. Poor, poor show IMO.

because of how he tried to nick Baines and Felliani

David Moyes raised the stakes in his battle with Everton for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini by hinting his old club should sell the pair for the good of their careers.
Everton have been outspoken in their criticism of Moyes and Manchester United since the Barclays Premier League champions submitted a joint bid of £28million for the Goodison Park stars.
They described the offer as ‘derisory’ and Everton manager Roberto Martinez has suggested United behaved better in the past.
Asked on Friday if he had sympathy for Martinez, Moyes said: ‘I definitely do. But I also know that if I was the Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Baines and Fellaini, I would have found it very difficult to keep them.
'I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players.
‘All we can do is our job here. Roberto is in a new job and I am sure he will get to understand how Everton work. I know exactly how Everton work. I signed every player at Everton.
When Moyes was Everton manager, he reacted furiously as Emirates Marketing Project made repeated — and ultimately successful —attempts to buy Joleon Lescott in 2009.

Former Everton goalkeeper Neville Southall launched his own attack on Moyes yesterday over the Baines and Fellaini offer.
Southall said: ‘The joint bid stinks. The way David Moyes has gone about it stinks.
‘The entire world knows Fellaini and Baines are worth a lot more than £28m and Moyes is disrespecting Everton. It’s despicable behaviour towards Everton and the fans. He shouldn’t go in with a stupid offer just to unsettle the players.
‘It wouldn’t have happened under Sir Alex Ferguson.’

‘The entire world knows Fellaini and Baines are worth a lot more than £28m and Moyes is disrespecting Everton. It’s despicable behaviour towards Everton and the fans. He shouldn’t go in with a stupid offer just to unsettle the players.
‘It wouldn’t have happened under Sir Alex Ferguson.’

Abso-f'in-lutely. Fergie would NEVER prey on a smaller club, unsettling their star players with low bids! Never never never. Oh, hang on a minute.......

:lol: Sir Alex Ferguson remains silent on the departure of David Moyes but a family member has provided the first indication of his views, after his grandson Jake claimed that the sacked Glaswegian was ‘out of his depth’ at Manchester United.
Jake Ferguson, 19, this morning retweeted the confirmation from Manchester United that Ryan Giggs would be appointed as interim manager following the club’s decision to sack Moyes after a traumatic first season in charge.
Ferguson junior then wrote on his Twitter account, in reference to Moyes: ‘Nice guy, just out of his depth. Onwards and upwards now #mufc.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ir-Alex-Fergusons-grandson.html#ixzz2zcJbQ7Dz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Jurgen Klopp has ruled himself out of the Manchester United job. The 46-year-old told the Guardian: "Man Utd is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans. But my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is not breakable."

Klopp, who was widely reported to be one of the United board's preferred candidates to succeed David Moyes, extended his contract at the Bundesliga side until 2018 in October and explained that he was "still in love" with the club last week. United did inquire about the possibility of attaining his services recently but were told that Klopp was insistent on honoring his contract at the Signal Iduna Park.

Contrary to the perception in England, neither Dortmund nor their coach believe that the team have hit their glass ceiling after losing two key players, Mario Götze and Robert Lewandowski, to the league winners Bayern Munich.

The club have only begun to establish themselves as the German league's second force after nearly going out of business in 2005. Strong financial growth over the course of the last three years has seen their turnover rise to £256m in 2012-13, a figure that puts them ahead of Premier League teams like Liverpool £240m and Tottenham Hotspur £172m.

Since taking on the job the 2008, Klopp has led his young squad to two championships, one German FA Cup and an appearance at the Champions League final in Wembley last may. Dortmund have qualified for the next Champions League group stage and will also contest this year's cup final in Berlin, where Bayern will once again provide the opposition.

Dortmund, meanwhile, are interested in resigning Shinji Kagawa from United. The Japanese midfielder has struggled to be a regular at Old Trafford since his £17.6m move from Dortmund in 2012. Kagawa was believed to be weighing up the option of a return to Germany but is now expected to wait for the arrival of United's new manager, in the hope that his chances will improve

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ter-united-moyes-borussia-dortmund?CMP=twt_gu

Decent news.

I think there's at least a chance that United will stay weak for a couple of seasons now, with Klopp in charge I think that chance would be much smaller.

Hope they keep away from LvG although he seems like the obvious best candidate. They went for Moyes over Mourinho so going for the obvious best candidate isn't always on the agenda for them though.

I agree with others that both the Glazers and Ferguson would like someone whose a bit of a "yes man". Mourinho wouldn't be that. Neither would van Gaal. Can you imagine the arguments between him and Ferguson over some issue at some point... :) I would pay to watch that.

Decent news.

I think there's at least a chance that United will stay weak for a couple of seasons now, with Klopp in charge I think that chance would be much smaller.

Hope they keep away from LvG although he seems like the obvious best candidate. They went for Moyes over Mourinho so going for the obvious best candidate isn't always on the agenda for them though.

I agree with others that both the Glazers and Ferguson would like someone whose a bit of a "yes man". Mourinho wouldn't be that. Neither would van Gaal. Can you imagine the arguments between him and Ferguson over some issue at some point... :) I would pay to watch that.

id say that Moyes and his 6 year contract were both heavily influenced by Ferguson. Its like the Glazers gave Ferguson the right to choose his successor. I very much doubt the Glazers would have wanted moyes, it was a shock to most when he was given the job. Now the Glazers have the free reign to pick their own man i think they will go for a proven winner. mourinho is out of the question, Klopp isnt ready to move.So that leaves LVG and he will have them challenging for the top 3 next season imo.

id say that Moyes and his 6 year contract were both heavily influenced by Ferguson. Its like the Glazers gave Ferguson the right to choose his successor. I very much doubt the Glazers would have wanted moyes, it was a shock to most when he was given the job. Now the Glazers have the free reign to pick their own man i think they will go for a proven winner. mourinho is out of the question, Klopp isnt ready to move.So that leaves LVG and he will have them challenging for the top 3 next season imo.

That makes a lot of sense to me too.

Will certainly be an interesting summer.

Manchester United manager David Moyes was sacked today, only 316 days after formally succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson.

Moyes' dismissal, which was sanctioned by the Glazer family in February after the Champions League round of 16 away defeat at Olympiakos revealed a catastrophic level of decline, was dismissed at a meeting with executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward at the club's Carrington training ground shortly after 8am.

Player-coach Ryan Giggs will take charge until a permanent manager is appointed, the club have confirmed, beginning with United's next game at home against Norwich on Saturday. He is to run the side with his former teammate Nicky Butt, who managed United's Europa Youth League side before a group stage elimination last autumn. Moyes' coaches Steve Round and Jimmy Lumsden have also left their posts. Borussia Dortmund's Jurgen Klopp and the Dutch national coach Luis van Gaal are leading contenders to replace Moyes.

Under the terms of his six-year contract, failure to qualify for the 2014/15 Champions League entitles Moyes to take away on only one year's pay from the five years oustandng on his six-year contract.

In a statement today, United said it "would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role". The club currently lie seventh in the table with four games remaining and are guaranteed to record their lowest ever points tally in the Premier League.

Everton's Roberto Martinez has also been linked with the job, although the Toffess are unlikely to let another manager leave Goodison Park for Old Trafford in the space of a year, while former United defender Laurent Blanc - now in charge at Paris St-Germain - is also a leading contender to return to the club at the end of the season.

The Glazer family, who will be in Manchester next week to help oversee a managerial recruitment process, appear to have sanctioned the removal of Moyes as far back as the Champions League defeat at Olympiakos on 25 February. The decision to get rid of the 50-year-old was discussed and possibly ratified at a recent United board meeting but there is a financial motive behind delaying removing him until now.

The mathematical impossibility of United finishing in the top four this season, following their 11th Premier League defeat of the season at Goodison Park on Sunday, means that United need only give Moyes a one-year pay-off under the terms of his five-year deal, rather than honour the full four years left on that contract.

Initially, it had been thought that the Scot's departure might be a graceful one after United's Premier League season ends at Southampton on 11 May. But chief executive Woodward has been urgently seeking to tie up transfer business in Germany and Spain before the World Cup starts, in 52 days' time. The prospect of securing players such as Southampton's Luke Shaw and Bayern Munich's Toni Kroos would be even more challenging if United were under the leadership of a lame-duck manager, as well as unable to offering such recruits Champions League football next season.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/david-moyes-sacked-manchester-united-sack-manager-david-moyes-after-less-than-a-season-in-charge-9274121.html

Manchester United manager David Moyes was sacked today, only 316 days after formally succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson.

Moyes' dismissal, which was sanctioned by the Glazer family in February after the Champions League round of 16 away defeat at Olympiakos revealed a catastrophic level of decline, was dismissed at a meeting with executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward at the club's Carrington training ground shortly after 8am.

Player-coach Ryan Giggs will take charge until a permanent manager is appointed, the club have confirmed, beginning with United's next game at home against Norwich on Saturday. He is to run the side with his former teammate Nicky Butt, who managed United's Europa Youth League side before a group stage elimination last autumn. Moyes' coaches Steve Round and Jimmy Lumsden have also left their posts. Borussia Dortmund's Jurgen Klopp and the Dutch national coach Luis van Gaal are leading contenders to replace Moyes.

Under the terms of his six-year contract, failure to qualify for the 2014/15 Champions League entitles Moyes to take away on only one year's pay from the five years oustandng on his six-year contract.

In a statement today, United said it "would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role". The club currently lie seventh in the table with four games remaining and are guaranteed to record their lowest ever points tally in the Premier League.

Everton's Roberto Martinez has also been linked with the job, although the Toffess are unlikely to let another manager leave Goodison Park for Old Trafford in the space of a year, while former United defender Laurent Blanc - now in charge at Paris St-Germain - is also a leading contender to return to the club at the end of the season.

The Glazer family, who will be in Manchester next week to help oversee a managerial recruitment process, appear to have sanctioned the removal of Moyes as far back as the Champions League defeat at Olympiakos on 25 February. The decision to get rid of the 50-year-old was discussed and possibly ratified at a recent United board meeting but there is a financial motive behind delaying removing him until now.

The mathematical impossibility of United finishing in the top four this season, following their 11th Premier League defeat of the season at Goodison Park on Sunday, means that United need only give Moyes a one-year pay-off under the terms of his five-year deal, rather than honour the full four years left on that contract.

Initially, it had been thought that the Scot's departure might be a graceful one after United's Premier League season ends at Southampton on 11 May. But chief executive Woodward has been urgently seeking to tie up transfer business in Germany and Spain before the World Cup starts, in 52 days' time. The prospect of securing players such as Southampton's Luke Shaw and Bayern Munich's Toni Kroos would be even more challenging if United were under the leadership of a lame-duck manager, as well as unable to offering such recruits Champions League football next season.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/david-moyes-sacked-manchester-united-sack-manager-david-moyes-after-less-than-a-season-in-charge-9274121.html

Allegedly United players have told friends and family before the Everton game that Moyes would be sacked. I can see Moyes hiring a lawyer to look into this - if they already decided in February that he should go, surely there's a case in there somewhere for Moyes to claim more than one year's salary?

Cheeky business anyway.

Re: Fergie: Officially Retiring - Moyes Taking Over, Now Sacked!

Actually surprising if they're not far along a new manager decision process if the decision was made in February to get rid of Moyes.

Allegedly United players have told friends and family before the Everton game that Moyes would be sacked. I can see Moyes hiring a lawyer to look into this - if they already decided in February that he should go, surely there's a case in there somewhere for Moyes to claim more than one year's salary?

Cheeky business anyway.
clever to put that CL clause in ;)

Giggs is an interesting choice.

There was an odd moment in the Europa Suite at Old Trafford about three weeks ago.

Journalists and camera crews gathered at United’s home to listen to David Moyes and Ryan Giggs talk about the Champions League quarter-final first leg with Bayern Munich.

There was a point towards the end of the briefing, organised by UEFA, when one reporter asked Giggs whether he might one day fancy the manager’s job.

It didn’t seem an unreasonable thing to ask.

Giggs is 40-years-old and coming to the end of his playing career. He’s doing his coaching badges and had already been installed as a member of Moyes’ backroom staff.

Giggs smiled at the suggestion. But Moyes simply turned to the United press officer to his left with a grim stare.

She understood immediately and quickly directed the conversation back to a more comfortable line of questioning.

Had Sir Alex Ferguson been in the seat instead of Moyes, you imagined he might have laughed it off. Perhaps with a quick-witted jibe like ‘yous know he cannae have my job just yet’.

But Moyes squirmed. It was as if the enquiry, innocent as it was, had touched a nerve.

Asked about his relationship with his new manager, Giggs made sure he said all the right things.

He’d done too many Champions League press conferences to say anything incendiary. Especially the day before the biggest game of the season.

“The relationship is good,” he insisted.

“The last game was probably my first for seven weeks but you are not sulking.

“There is no problem with the manager. I don’t know where that came from.”

But instead of putting the rumours of dressing room unrest to bed, it seemed only to fuel them further.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-moyes-manchester-united-rumours-7015013

Brendan Rodgers is stalling on signing a new contract at Liverpool.......would Utd ask? would Rodgers consider??

I can just see LvG with Giggs as assistant moving into the head role when LvG decides he's had enough of football, not a bad move for Utd and a great chance for Giggs to learn from someone so experienced.

Brendan Rodgers is stalling on signing a new contract at Liverpool.......would Utd ask? would Rodgers consider??

That would actually make me laugh if it happened. Not likely though.

Back