• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fergie: Retired, Moyes: Sacked, LVG/Giggs: The New Super Duo

Re: Fergie: Officially Retiring - Moyes Taking Over, Now Sacked!

You could see him saying, well when a club like united comes along... But could he really give up CL football. Only way he'd walk form pool is if Suarez was sold.

Surprised Moyes lasted as long as he did. From start to finish he's looked out of his depth.

Brendan Rodgers is stalling on signing a new contract at Liverpool.......would Utd ask? would Rodgers consider??

No he wouldn't, and the only chance United would ask would be if they wanted to look like fools by approaching him and getting rejected.

If Rodgers is in deed stalling (to me it wouldn't really make sense to be in contract negotiations at all at this stage of the season), I think it's for more money/better terms and for more internal transfer authority with the plan to sign as soon as he gets what he wants.

I actually think the United job is looking a little bit like a poisoned chalice right now. Yes there will be resources there and yes they have some top quality players and they're a massive club, but anyone going there now will be judged by two standards: 1. Get top 4 next season. 2. Constant comparisons to Ferguson's golden years.

It's a ridiculously high standard, with City and Chelsea still very well funded and with fantastic squads, Arsenal and Liverpool almost guaranteed to put in good top 4 challenges in addition to ourselves and Everton likely to be there or thereabouts the United job is a massive challenge right now even though it's "the biggest job in football".

I actually think that even if Klopp thought this would have been a good time to leave Dortmund there's a chance he would have turned them down. LvG will have his next job be his swansong so he'll probably take it, but I actually think some top class managers currently in settled positions will look at the risk involved in the United job and look elsewhere.

Say they approach Conte or Simeone... Will they turn away from what is currently a fantastic job for them in clubs they love that love them back, a system and squad that works for them, in countries they know to move to the massive unknown that will be the United job? Although there's the chance to really make your name as a manager there's also a real chance of breaking your name I think. Look at Moyes, he was big enough to get the United job, probably would have been able to keep the Everton job or perhaps move up a notch if he wanted to before going to United. Now? He's hoping Saudi Sportswashing Machine to come in for him I think...

its a clean slate now i'd say BE, the next guy won't be compared to Fergie, they'll be compared to Moyes

it'll be a "name", but I still think it will be a surprise in the grand scheme of things, it won't be a Klopp or a LVG

its a clean slate now i'd say BE, the next guy won't be compared to Fergie, they'll be compared to Moyes

it'll be a "name", but I still think it will be a surprise in the grand scheme of things, it won't be a Klopp or a LVG

Disagree. United fans and the press still won't be able to go a week without longing back for the "good old days under sir Alex". Even if the new guy perhaps won't immediately be judged as closely to Ferguson as Moyes was any success will be measured up against the standard of Ferguson - not the standard of Moyes. Just like Tata at Barca has been judged up against Pep, not those in between.

you know, if LVG was their man, surely by now he would be way down the road in contract negotiations. Wasnt there a date that the Dutch FA gave for him to sort out his future before the world cup preparation starts in earnest? I think the longer this drags on the more likely it is that Utd have other targets ahead of LVG. Still, like i said in the next manager thread, this doesnt mean he could still end up at Spurs

Allegedly United players have told friends and family before the Everton game that Moyes would be sacked. I can see Moyes hiring a lawyer to look into this - if they already decided in February that he should go, surely there's a case in there somewhere for Moyes to claim more than one year's salary?

Cheeky business anyway.

Very much doubt it. With a multi million pound contract and pay off he would likely be legally castrated in taking action. He likely waived such action in exchange for the great wealth a Utd contract would have bought.

The thing that makes me laugh is the United fans who, when things started to go go wrong were all up on their high horse about how United have a 'tradition' of sticking by their managers, and how 'we're Manchester United, we do things differently than other clubs'. These are the same fans that are now celebrating the fact that he's gone.

you know, if LVG was their man, surely by now he would be way down the road in contract negotiations. Wasnt there a date that the Dutch FA gave for him to sort out his future before the world cup preparation starts in earnest? I think the longer this drags on the more likely it is that Utd have other targets ahead of LVG. Still, like i said in the next manager thread, this doesnt mean he could still end up at Spurs

Possibly.

Although LvG was in negotiations with Levy and wouldn't sign a contract earlier this year by the reports it's possible he would have signed for United already. Although, you never know, he might want to keep his options open until the summer to see if anything else develops. Things change quickly and he knows he's a sought after commodity.

Does seem a bit like they're only just starting their manager hunt though. Or at least there's no credible information to think that they're far down the line with anyone.

The thing that makes me laugh is the United fans who, when things started to go go wrong were all up on their high horse about how United have a 'tradition' of sticking by their managers, and how 'we're Manchester United, we do things differently than other clubs'. These are the same fans that are now celebrating the fact that he's gone.

Its annoying when they say this, they have had the same manager for YEARS!! They were not exactly NOT going to stick by Fergie

you know, if LVG was their man, surely by now he would be way down the road in contract negotiations.

I think they are waiting to see what happens with Ancelotti first.

Its annoying when they say this, they have had the same manager for YEARS!! They were not exactly NOT going to stick by Fergie

I know. Having the most successful manager in the history of English football in place kind of makes him fairly easy to stick by.

Apparently Mourinho is going to clash with Abramovich this summer as the sugar daddy prefers Cavani over Costa, so will buy him instead lol. Didn't Jose quit last time because of Roman constantly interfering?? Who knows maybe he will suddenly pop up on the radar, although I sincerely doubt it. After all he shipped Mata off to UTD because he didn't rate him, then again having a £200m war chest or whatever would appeal to him.

Apparently Mourinho is going to clash with Abramovich this summer as the sugar daddy prefers Cavani over Costa, so will buy him instead lol. Didn't Jose quit last time because of Roman constantly interfering?? Who knows maybe he will suddenly pop up on the radar, although I sincerely doubt it. After all he shipped Mata off to UTD because he didn't rate him, then again having a £200m war chest or whatever would appeal to him.

you have to feel sorry for Mata if Mourinho ends up there :lol:

i cant see it happening though. The Russian bloke wont allow Mourinho to go to Utd

oh, and lets say the unbelievable happens and Mourinho manages to force his way out of Chelski, who do you think chelski will most likely go for as a replacement?????????

van-gaal-300x277.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm just thinking that LVG's ego will play a big factor in all of this. Yes, he'll want to go to the biggest club but if the noises out of Manchester are that Ancelloti is top of their list (and he should be really!!) then this will not go down well in the LVG camp. I'm remembering that video clip of him throwing a strop when the he found out he was to be replaced as a pundit. Funny as **** but a insight into his character as well. We should all be praying for failure at Real Madrid this season.

Im quite excited that Giggs is the interim manager at the moment and I hope he does a good job and makes them strong again. They have had an off year but will always be a much bigger club than us, regardless of where they finish in the league and I have always had them as my "second team". With them out of the equation it means someone like Arsenal could win the league and whilst we arent doing that (and most likely wont in my lifetime) I dont want the goons to.

Tomorrows game against Norwich will be a good atmosphere and a good one to watch I think.

Back