• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fergie: Retired, Moyes: Sacked, LVG/Giggs: The New Super Duo

Re: Fergie: Officially Retiring - Moyes Taking Over

Stobart definitely has links, I remember him saying when Tim took over that he doesn't rate Holtby or Defoe and off they went. Not sure what connections he'd have with Utd though.

It'd be great to have Klopp in the Premier League

Looking at RedCafe I'm amazed at the level of unanimity behind Klopp. I'd say it's 8 out of 10 posters or something. Not a lot of love for LvG.

I actually think Klopp would be a pretty risky appointment for them though. Exciting for sure, but risky.

I guess for us LVG is a pretty big name to be linked with, but Utd can almost get anyone they want (which makes it even more amazing they went for Moyes :lol:), so I can kind of understand them being slightly underwhelmed with that one. I think they should be keeping a close eye on Ancelotti, like others have said, Klopp comes with some risks, but would be great to see what he's got.

I guess for us LVG is a pretty big name to be linked with, but Utd can almost get anyone they want (which makes it even more amazing they went for Moyes :lol:), so I can kind of understand them being slightly underwhelmed with that one. I think they should be keeping a close eye on Ancelotti, like others have said, Klopp comes with some risks, but would be great to see what he's got.

Totally agree. I think he'd be perfect for them.

Dont believe that Utd would go for LVG. They'll look for someone who could be their manager long-term. LVG is a great manager, but he wont be managing a football team in 10 years time

Christ, what do you think is long term? The days of managers being at clubs for longer than 3 to 5 years are gone with very few exceptions.

I'll still be very surprised if they sack him, I'd consider it an incredibly short sighted decision if they do, there was always gonna be a massive post Fergie drop off, he left a poor squad and is worth 20 odd points himself

the only way united were gonna be top 4 this season was by appointing Jose

if they do the pull the trigger then I'd have Moyes at top of my wanted list for us by a country mile

I'll still be very surprised if they sack him, I'd consider it an incredibly short sighted decision if they do, there was always gonna be a massive post Fergie drop off, he left a poor squad and is worth 20 odd points himself

if they do the pull the trigger then I'd have Moyes at top of my wanted list for us by a country mile

Christ no. I have sympathy for Moyes but most good managers would have had United in the top 4. Its nonsense to say only Jose could have done it.

Moyes is an upper mid table manager. No better. His away record against quality sides says it all for me. It's abysmal.

A good man, a decent manager but I hope to GHod we never appoint him.

Where's that Joker "not sure if serious" pic when you need it?

He took over a squad that won the league by something like 10 points, spent 70 mill and has taken them to 7th currently 23 points of the lead, that's at least a 30 point swing! I know there was a rather large love in for Moyes on this board when Redknapp left and plenty of people wanted him to take over instead of AVB, but I was hoping that would have died down with the proof we have this season.

NotSureIfSerious huskey.jpg

Christ no. I have sympathy for Moyes but most good managers would have had United in the top 4. Its nonsense to say only Jose could have done it.

Moyes is an upper mid table manager. No better. His away record against quality sides says it all for me. It's abysmal.

A good man, a decent manager but I hope to GHod we never appoint him.

I don't agree that most good managers would have had United finish top four this season. Ferguson had them playing well above the sum of their parts for seasons now and left an old and unbalanced team.

I also think that Moyes is a better manager than you, although I wouldn't want him at Spurs now, but I doubt that he will get another chance to prove that he can manage a team competing for honours again, if he is sacked by United.

Reading around the media tonight I'm not too suprised to hear about the reservations of the UTD board with regards to LVG but I am suprised at the support Moyes has from some quarters. A lot are making a point about blaming the players for not giving a toss.

Klopp does seem to be the name being banded around and the fans choice ahead of Blanc, Ancelotti and Simeone.

Thats ludicrous. They should have breezed to the top 4 this season, and theres a ton of managers out there who they could and "should" have appointed, who would have achieved that with ease.

Moyes was NEVER going to be the man to win things at Utd. The board let Fergie appoint his mate, out of respect for Fergie, but that has blown up in their faces.

If Moyes ends up coming to Spurs I will cry ! He is not good enough for us (let alone Utd) and has shown himself this season to be the mid table manager he is.

A nice, decent, friendly guy. But not one good enough to win trophies.

Dont feel sorry for him. He has had his season in the limelight, leave with millions beyond his wildest dreams, and walk straight back into another decent job.

Thats ludicrous. They should have breezed to the top 4 this season, and theres a ton of managers out there who they could and "should" have appointed, who would have achieved that with ease.

Moyes was NEVER going to be the man to win things at Utd. The board let Fergie appoint his mate, out of respect for Fergie, but that has blown up in their faces.

If Moyes ends up coming to Spurs I will cry ! He is not good enough for us (let alone Utd) and has shown himself this season to be the mid table manager he is.

A nice, decent, friendly guy. But not one good enough to win trophies.

I don't think that Ferguson recommended Moyes because he was his mate. I am certain that he thought that he was the best person to continue his work.

For sure he would have wanted what was best for Utd, but his judgement could have been clouded by friendship / arselicking.

Back