• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

Looks like all those who regretted him leaving have something to celebrate.
Never ceases to amaze me in this day and age that personal terms can cause an issue at this stage.

LOL. He's sh*t, I only got all sentimental coz he was leaving.

No in all seriousness, would be interesting if he did stay and whether Pochettino would include him in his plans in any way.

I can't believe how many players we buy who get moved on quickly or are just horrible - Stambouli, Fazio, Chiriches, Rasiak...

I can't believe how many players we buy who get moved on quickly or are just horrible - Stambouli, Fazio, Chiriches, Rasiak...

It's the same at all clubs. Fans have no patience and managers aren't interested in/given time to work with them. Always on to the next quick fix.

It's the same at all clubs. Fans have no patience and managers aren't interested in/given time to work with them. Always on to the next quick fix.

We also buy players with an eye on turning a quick profit (although I know that it does not look like we will make on on Fazio).

I could see Levy accepting £5m from West Brom if there was some kind of deal involving Berahino. But there's no way he'll let Fazio go for that amount without some other incentive.

I'd be more than happy for Fazio to stay, assuming he was happy being a squad player fighting for a place in the first team. But if he is going to leave, then I can't see it being for any less than we paid for him. There's no reason at all to estimate his value as any less than we paid. He didn't have a terrible season last year; and - vitally - from the standpoint of another Premier League club he's already had a year to acclimatise to the country, so is far less of a risk than when we brought him over.

Don't take a penny less than £10m, Daniel. And if nobody offers that, then keep him at the club - he's good back-up and would actually end up getting a fair bit of game time in my view. £5m? Don't make me laugh.

I could see Levy accepting £5m from West Brom if there was some kind of deal involving Berahino. But there's no way he'll let Fazio go for that amount without some other incentive.

I'd be more than happy for Fazio to stay, assuming he was happy being a squad player fighting for a place in the first team. But if he is going to leave, then I can't see it being for any less than we paid for him. There's no reason at all to estimate his value as any less than we paid. He didn't have a terrible season last year; and - vitally - from the standpoint of another Premier League club he's already had a year to acclimatise to the country, so is far less of a risk than when we brought him over.

Don't take a penny less than £10m, Daniel. And if nobody offers that, then keep him at the club - he's good back-up and would actually end up getting a fair bit of game time in my view. £5m? Don't make me laugh.

Could not agree more he and Jan were our best CB partnership last year and Fazio got better as the season went on. He is still the best we have in the air and as you say is worth far more then 5 mill.

We also buy players with an eye on turning a quick profit (although I know that it does not look like we will make on on Fazio).

I still think the Stambouli deal may have been a Levy master stroke where PSG wanted him, but Montpellier wouldn't sell to them, so Levy said to PSG, 'lads, we'll take him as long as you agree to pay us more than what we pay for him in a year'.

It's the only way I can see that a pretty much unused player get's a move to a CL club for more than what we paid for him.

I still think the Stambouli deal may have been a Levy master stroke where PSG wanted him, but Montpellier wouldn't sell to them, so Levy said to PSG, 'lads, we'll take him as long as you agree to pay us more than what we pay for him in a year'.

It's the only way I can see that a pretty much unused player get's a move to a CL club for more than what we paid for him.

Interesting theory....but why would Levy even get the idea unless we were looking to PSG for some favours? After all we could approach many big clubs in other countries and do likewise, perhaps with even bigger profit margins? Why France and PSG?

Back