• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

When a club is likely to sell an asset at such an inflated price, then clubs they try and buy from will expect more (it's happened to us on a number of occasions - think Bale). So selling Fazio for £5m when they will likely sell Stones for circa £40m, makes no sense.

It's the same at all clubs. Fans have no patience and managers aren't interested in/given time to work with them. Always on to the next quick fix.
Is it really though? It seems to me we have more of 'em than most (of the 'big' clubs). Especially in recent history. I agree about supporter impatience.

Is it really though? It seems to me we have more of 'em than most (of the 'big' clubs). Especially in recent history. I agree about supporter impatience.

We don't pay that much attention to other clubs though. The top 4 have fewer, but they are generally a lot costlier.

Brendan Rodgers £312.8m on 29 players
Kenny Dalglish £117.9m on 10 players
Roy Hodgson £26.4m on 8 players
Rafael Benitez £309.5m on 52 players
Gerard Houllier £154.5m on 41 players

140 players in 17 years.

We don't pay that much attention to other clubs though. The top 4 have fewer, but they are generally a lot costlier.

140 players in 17 years.
Hodgson didn't get a whole lot, did he?

140 players in 17 years.
True. Our brick players hurt us a lot more than other clubs brick players make us laugh.

Interesting theory....but why would Levy even get the idea unless we were looking to PSG for some favours? After all we could approach many big clubs in other countries and do likewise, perhaps with even bigger profit margins? Why France and PSG?

Nothin more than an oppotunity to make a few quid for the club. I'm sure there is someone at Spurs who hs a fairly decent finger on the pulse of French football, who would have known that PSG wanted him but Montpellier wouldn't sell to them. In steps Levy seeing a business opportunity and the chance to make a few quid. Would be interesting to know how settled Stambouli ever got in London, did he buy a house, move any stuff over from France etc.

Could just as likely be a coincidence and I'm getting 2+2=5 though!

I didn't realise Brenton had spent that much. How long has he had the job now? That's got to be close to 100 million per year, and I know they've sold Suarez and Sterling, but that wouldn't even recoup half of that.

Nothin more than an oppotunity to make a few quid for the club. I'm sure there is someone at Spurs who hs a fairly decent finger on the pulse of French football, who would have known that PSG wanted him but Montpellier wouldn't sell to them. In steps Levy seeing a business opportunity and the chance to make a few quid. Would be interesting to know how settled Stambouli ever got in London, did he buy a house, move any stuff over from France etc.

Could just as likely be a coincidence and I'm getting 2+2=5 though!

You'd better hope this is your poor maths, because if @DubaiSpur reads this...well...:eek:

Yeah that's a bit fanciful if you ask me - his wages during that year would have rendered the profit made negligible for a start and then there's the fact that he was set to join Watford before PSG stepped in at the eleventh hour.

I suppose it's a possibility if the idea was to curry favour with them for future deals but profit driven doesn't really make sense to me

You'd better hope this is your poor maths, because if @DubaiSpur reads this...well...:eek:

tumblr_ldshq9TQXO1qe91wdo1_250.gif

Wasn't in Barcelona with the rest of the squad.
He must be really out of favour/injured.
Only other players missing were N'Jie, Pritchard both injured and Walker who's wife was has just give birth.

Wasn't in Barcelona with the rest of the squad.
He must be really out of favour/injured.
Only other players missing were N'Jie, Pritchard both injured and Walker who's wife was has just give birth.
I'm a little concerned that N'Jie wasn't there to be honest. I know he's injured, but so is Vertonghen and he was there.

I seem to recall there being some talk about N'jie not settling properly in London / at the club. Surely missing this trip - which was as much about team-building as training (based on the photos anyway!) - cannot be a good thing. Unless there's a genuine medical reason for his absence, it looks like a bad sign to me.

I'm a little concerned that N'Jie wasn't there to be honest. I know he's injured, but so is Vertonghen and he was there.

I seem to recall there being some talk about N'jie not settling properly in London / at the club. Surely missing this trip - which was as much about team-building as training (based on the photos anyway!) - cannot be a good thing. Unless there's a genuine medical reason for his absence, it looks like a bad sign to me.

Verts needs rest, while Njie and Pritchard need active physio at the training gorund?

Verts needs rest, while Njie and Pritchard need active physio at the training gorund?
Perhaps. I'm just speculating (as are we all, let's face it) but it is a concern in my view. Presumably we have a physio or two with the travelling party - and if a player is having trouble settling then a trip like this could have done wonders for him.

As you say though, it could just be that he's at a critical point in his treatment; in which case it's not an issue. But I do hear the faintest of warning bells.

Perhaps. I'm just speculating (as are we all, let's face it) but it is a concern in my view. Presumably we have a physio or two with the travelling party - and if a player is having trouble settling then a trip like this could have done wonders for him.

As you say though, it could just be that he's at a critical point in his treatment; in which case it's not an issue. But I do hear the faintest of warning bells.

Cutting edge physio is mostly done inside oxygen tanks I've heard. It speeds up the recovery rate significantly. Losing 3 days in the tanks might mean them being back a week later.

I think that it would depend at what stage of recovery/rehabilitation they were at. If Verts is at the 'letting the swelling going down and see what the damage is stage' perhaps the club decided that there was little risk in him going on the trip, whereas if Pritchard and N'Jie are in more intensive programmes that could be affected by being away from the training ground.

Anyone know what the issue with Fazio is?

He was at least partly to blame for both goals we conceded to Arsenal in the league cup. I have always assumed that his absence goes back to that and a loss of faith in him.

Back