• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

He was at least partly to blame for both goals we conceded to Arsenal in the league cup. I have always assumed that his absence goes back to that and a loss of faith in him.
I can't see Pochettino cutting a player loose for a single bad performance - not even a terrible one. I've kind of assumed something went on behind the scenes (not a dramatic bust-up or anything; just maybe he doesn't have the right attitude or work-rate for our high-intensity, double-session type training regime). Honestly, who knows, but he really doesn't appear to be part of the squad these days so we need to replace him with someone who will be.

I can't see Pochettino cutting a player loose for a single bad performance - not even a terrible one. I've kind of assumed something went on behind the scenes (not a dramatic bust-up or anything; just maybe he doesn't have the right attitude or work-rate for our high-intensity, double-session type training regime). Honestly, who knows, but he really doesn't appear to be part of the squad these days so we need to replace him with someone who will be.

I think what Townsend said about Pochettino just rating other players higher seems a good explanation for the Fazio situation too.

He currently finds himself behind Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Wimmer and Dier in the picking order. He cannot really play any other position than CB. And we have a very talented younger CB coming through in CCV.

Doesn't leave much room for Fazio to actually get game time. Him showing that he needs time to get up to speed and build a good relationship with his CB partner (looked decent alongside Verts after a while, but much worse being thrown in here and there) and his limitations in terms of which kind of CB he needs next to him makes him a mediocre at best 4th choice backup CB anyway.

Come on, he's an Argentina international and has won two ELs with Sevilla. He's good, but not what we need.
He's one of those guys who's got some very obvious strenghts, and some very obvious weaknesess. If you play to his strenght he can be a monster, but as a cultured ball playing cb in a high line system you pretty much only play to the weakest parts of his game. Tony Pulis probably has wet dreams about him, but he's not a good fit for us.

In short, a very good player for someone, but not for us.

He was at least partly to blame for both goals we conceded to Arsenal in the league cup. I have always assumed that his absence goes back to that and a loss of faith in him.

Vorm and Carroll were particularly dreadful that night too, but both earned themselves back into the fold

He's one of those guys who's got some very obvious strenghts, and some very obvious weaknesess. If you play to his strenght he can be a monster, but as a cultured ball playing cb in a high line system you pretty much only play to the weakest parts of his game. Tony Pulis probably has wet dreams about him, but he's not a good fit for us.

In short, a very good player for someone, but not for us.

Fazio would be outstanding for Chelsea, or any team that plays a deep line.

It is kind of odd not seeing him in any training photos or things like that.

I for one think he could come back in to the fray, but like Andros, if there's no hope of that then he shouldn't be here, even if on loan it'd be better for him to be getting games. I don't think we'll be spending the transfer money this window if we were to get an offer anyway, so would be good to get him back in to the swing of things. I think the Colchester squad will speak volumes.

Carroll was fine. Vorm was partially at fault for one of the goals.
Agree. I remember people giving Carroll unnecessary stick for this game which to be honest was a pretty fluky win for Arsenal. We very much deserved to win.

Agree. I remember people giving Carroll unnecessary stick for this game which to be honest was a pretty fluky win for Arsenal. We very much deserved to win.

I read back through the OMT a while back to refresh my memory. I don't normally think that they are much use as a barometer of our performance but Carroll certainly didn't come out as the villian of the piece.

I read back through the OMT a while back to refresh my memory. I don't normally think that they are much use as a barometer of our performance but Carroll certainly didn't come out as the villian of the piece.
Probably twitter then. Its usually Carroll's fault when we lose on there :)

Fazio was pretty poor that day with the ball. But he kept Giroud very quiet.

IIRC Vorm dropped another clanger through his legs and Carroll was completely overrun in the centre of the park

Completely overrun in central midfield, yet it was a game where we more than matched them and their goals came from defensive mistakes. Something doesn't add up :confused:

Back