• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

I must be in the minority but I though Fazio was alright. Given it was his first year in the league I thought yes aside from the occasional gaffe, he was pretty dependable. I think (as we are seeing right now) our problem is much to do with the lack of protection from midfield as it being our defenders being error-ridden.
Good luck to the guy I think he'll be a solid buy for West Brom.

I must be in the minority but I though Fazio was alright. Given it was his first year in the league I thought yes aside from the occasional gaffe, he was pretty dependable. I think (as we are seeing right now) our problem is much to do with the lack of protection from midfield as it being our defenders being error-ridden.

I liked him

Why is it different when Madrid were after bale we were thinking maybe we could get one of their players, now we're thinking if we let them have fazio maybe we can have one of their better players
Who was thinking maybe we could get one of their players when we sold Bale? Did anyone at the club suggest this? Youre talking about what people on forums etc were thinking.

The fact is we have made an actual bid for a player, therefore it is different to what youre talking about....

Who was thinking maybe we could get one of their players when we sold Bale? Did anyone at the club suggest this? Youre talking about what people on forums etc were thinking.

The fact is we have made an actual bid for a player, therefore it is different to what youre talking about....

Ah ok but whose saying we are letting them have fazio so we can have berahino the fans, forums or did someone at West brom or Spurs suggest this

I'm in the minority with you.

Quotes from Pulis confirming Fazio is having a medical at West Brom. He's obviously also careful to insist this has nothing to do with Berahino. But if the fee really is only £5m, then it's not entirely unreasonable to suspect something like: "Berahino for £21m (instead of 25) in return for Fazio for £5m (instead of 9)".

Because frankly, in today's market, Fazio is more than a £5m player. I was more than happy to have him in the squad and felt he offered us a good option. I'll be sorry to see him go as I think he probably would have gotten even better with more time in the squad.

Still, if it's greasing the wheels of the Berahino deal (as I suspect it is - but who really knows?) then it may well be worth the sacrifice.

Ah ok but whose saying we are letting them have fazio so we can have berahino the fans, forums or did someone at West brom or Spurs suggest this
Who knows - but we have bid for Berahino, they have obviously bid for Fazio so there are going to be questions asked...

I think he will do very well at WBA. Wish him all the best but hope that he has an absolute shocker against us and that Kane, Chadli, Lamela (;)) and Njie rip him a new one.

I thought Fazio was 'ok' for us. I think he is a good centre half but not really one who is suited to playing a high line. I think he'll do well at West Brom.

I liked Fazio aswell, yes he had some poor moments, but that seemed mostly due to him thinking he had more time on the ball than he actually had. That is something that I think he would have adapted to. I thought him and Jan was looking solid for the most part last season. And as Dubai said, he was one of the few in our squad who wouldn't take brick from anyone.

A shame Fazio was never in a back four that was protected. Him and Vertonghens partnership was a highlight of last season, what was it? 3 losses in 25 starts? Impressive.

Good luck at West Brom. You'll probably get better protection.

I agree with that, it was obvious to me that our defenders took a lot of unjust stick last season and most of their problems were caused by a lack of protection by our CM. As for Fazio I will be sorry to see him go but Pullis will love him.

Back