• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

not seen it, but if its as you have read it, its a pretty bricky way to talk about a guy who has played almost 400 times for the club and been a model pro

Watch it before making a decision. Ange had the needle with the reporter. He wasn't disrespecting dier in the slightest.

I think Ange would say yes to almost anyone in terms of "no player is bigger than this club, so if you ask me whether I can cope without a player, the answer is yes, we will find a way" but rather than that he just said "yes" and disappeared. Could be read either way. Even when Kane left, he just said he would cope with it and play someone else instead.

Much ado about nothing. Will be forgotten about in a few days.

All the best and thanks for the service, Eric.
It will be much ado about nothing coz Dier will be gone and he’s on the periphery now anyway.

But it was a very pointed way to answer the question. He could have deflected or given some non answer. Looks like he was making a point and if you were Dier having heard that, you very definitely do not feel part of the group.

It will be much ado about nothing coz Dier will be gone and he’s on the periphery now anyway.

But it was a very pointed way to answer the question. He could have deflected or given some non answer. Looks like he was making a point and if you were Dier having heard that, you very definitely do not feel part of the group.

You really have a talent of contradicting yourself in many of your posts!

"It will be much ado about nothing coz Dier will be gone and he’s on the periphery now anyway" but I'm going to make something out of it anyway.

You really have a talent of contradicting yourself in many of your posts!

"It will be much ado about nothing coz Dier will be gone and he’s on the periphery now anyway" but I'm going to make something out of it anyway.
Not sure me expressing a viewpoint qualifies it as being much ado about something.

When I say it’ll be much ado about nothing, I mean from the standpoint of what lasting publicity it’ll get or any effect on the squad.

Sorry but he said dier was injured. Did i miss something?

Did you listen to the last question of the press conference about 3 minutes after that?

With davies injured can you afford to lose dier? Yes.

He already had an argument saying dier was injured. Does it mean he's off? Maybe. Not sure how it was disrespectful to him though.

What did you expect him to say? No we can't possibly cope without dier if davies is injured.

Dier might not be injured and may be being sold. Just don't think it was "brutal".

Last edited:
With davies injured can you afford to lose dier? Yes.

He already had an argument saying dier was injured. Does it mean he's off? Maybe. Not sure how it was disrespectful to him though.

What did you expect him to say? No we can't possibly cope without dier if davies is injured.
The flashpoint over Dier’s injury was 3 minutes earlier and Ange was calm and composed when the final question was thrown at him and it was also from a different journo. So the two answers and the manner of them were not related IMO.

The question was clearly about whether we could afford for Dier to leave. He said yes. So, if you’re Dier and you had any aspirations of being part of the group, you’re hearing “Romero and Davies are injured, we have only one other experienced centre back and he’s 21 and coming back from injury and this fella is saying he can afford to lose me.” It’s a moot point really coz I think Dier knows he’s off but I’d imagine that’s why @Baleforce thought it was disrespectful.

To answer your question, a more diplomatic way to answer it would have been “it wouldn’t be ideal to lose anyone but it could happen. Whatever comes our way, we’ll deal with it like we’ve dealt with everything else.” But he wasn’t diplomatic, he was very pointed and knew what he was doing. Which is fine. That’s his right and it may work to his advantage depending on what he’s trying to achieve.

The flashpoint over Dier’s injury was 3 minutes earlier and Ange was calm and composed when the final question was thrown at him and it was also from a different journo. So the two answers and the manner of them were not related IMO.

The question was clearly about whether we could afford for Dier to leave. He said yes. So, if you’re Dier and you had any aspirations of being part of the group, you’re hearing “Romero and Davies are injured, we have only one other experienced centre back and he’s 21 and coming back from injury and this fella is saying he can afford to lose me.” It’s a moot point really coz I think Dier knows he’s off but I’d imagine that’s why @Baleforce thought it was disrespectful.

To answer your question, a more diplomatic way to answer it would have been “it wouldn’t be ideal to lose anyone but it could happen. Whatever comes our way, we’ll deal with it like we’ve dealt with everything else.” But he wasn’t diplomatic, he was very pointed and knew what he was doing. Which is fine. That’s his right and it may work to his advantage depending on what he’s trying to achieve.

Dier might not be injured and might be off. But what ange said wasn't disrespectful to him.

As i said in the other thread, he had the needle and i'd prefer if the burden of press conferences was shared. Whether that is mason lange, davies whomever. We saw it with conte. Getting bombarded with stupid questions will take it's toll.

Dier might not be injured and might be off. But what ange said wasn't disrespectful to him.

As i said in the other thread, he had the needle and i'd prefer if the burden of press conferences was shared. Whether that is mason lange, davies whomever. We saw it with conte. Getting bombarded with stupid questions will take it's toll.
Dier was most definitely ruled out with an injury IMO. No way Ange is that definitive on it if it wasn’t true.

Jesus there is no winning with you, is there?

As i said in the other thread, he had the needle and i'd prefer if the burden of press conferences was shared. Whether that is mason lange, davies whomever. We saw it with conte. Getting bombarded with stupid questions will take its toll.
Yea, to me it sounded like Ange had enough and just ended the conversation with a straight answer. That persistent cough worries me a bit.

Jesus there is no winning with you, is there?
No.

I’m not criticising Ange for the way he answered the question. I’m just saying it wasn’t diplomatic. That doesn’t mean he’s wrong to do it. Maybe Dier declared himself injured to not risk an injury for the Munich move and that’s irked Ange. Maybe they had a falling out. It was just an unusual way for a manager to answer a question like that.

Ange said when he came in that you can’t implement change without making big changes. And let’s be fair, Jose and Conte perished on that rock because they stuck with a core of Poch’s squad. However, making change like that requires hard decisions and being tough sometimes. Maybe this was Ange being tough and sending a signal that if you fudge with him, you’re fudged.

So I’m not criticising him in the slightest for this because none of us knows what’s going on behind the scenes. I was just observing that it’s unusual.

Last edited:
If he ends up at Bayern, it’ll be another giant egg-on-face moment for the ‘Dier is crap’ phalanx. As for people who think Bayern Munich are going to buy someone because Harry Kane told them the two were mates and he wants a pal, take a look at yourselves. Dier is going there because it is a deal which makes sense for them, because he is a very good player, and because they play differently to us thus making him a fit for their club.

Back