• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

If he ends up at Bayern, it’ll be another giant egg-on-face moment for the ‘Dier is crap’ phalanx. As for people who think Bayern Munich are going to buy someone because Harry Kane told them the two were mates and he wants a pal, take a look at yourselves. Dier is going there because it is a deal which makes sense for them, because he is a very good player, and because they play differently to us thus making him a fit for their club.
I am one of those who don't think highly of Dier. I am glad to see him linked to Bayern and wish him well. Win-win for him and me, though, I am curious to see how he fares as a few of the german teams are very mobile and technical attackers.

I am surprised though that at the moment we haven't seen more competition for Dier - especially PL teams having issues in defence due to having more European games. Maybe Levy doesn't sell to the competition and maybe its just a question of fit. But right now we are doing better with VDV and Romero and I can see how we would have done better under Conte and Mourinho if we had similar players two years ago.

If he ends up at Bayern, it’ll be another giant egg-on-face moment for the ‘Dier is crap’ phalanx. As for people who think Bayern Munich are going to buy someone because Harry Kane told them the two were mates and he wants a pal, take a look at yourselves. Dier is going there because it is a deal which makes sense for them, because he is a very good player, and because they play differently to us thus making him a fit for their club.

He is crap. But in a league where they have the majority of possession and as a 5th choice Centre back, I can see it.

As we say in Nigeria, 'siddon look' mode activated. He has played years for Spurs without complaint and at times with injuries so I will respect him for that. That aside let's see if he has the Chris Smalling effect at Bayern.

As we say in Nigeria, 'siddon look' mode activated. He has played years for Spurs without complaint and at times with injuries so I will respect him for that. That aside let's see if he has the Chris Smalling effect at Bayern.

Which is what?

I know people said smalling did well in Rome but the few games I saw i did not really see it.

I assumed it was that they have a few options to pick from and it's now upto the club to decide on the best option.
That may be, but they won't have done the contracts first. It's just an excuse to make people click on words with no substance.

They're literally buying him to keep Kane company, he'd essentially be retiring

That may be, but they won't have done the contracts first. It's just an excuse to make people click on words with no substance.
There won't be a signed contract, but I'm sure a verbal agreement on what a contract would look like will be been agreed on.

We always heard Fabio worked on multiple deals and then one was picked at the end. Depending on fee and wage and what we had to spend

There won't be a signed contract, but I'm sure a verbal agreement on what a contract would look like will be been agreed on.

We always heard Fabio worked on multiple deals and then one was picked at the end. Depending on fee and wage and what we had to spend
I which case, his post should have said
"Contracts still not sorted, Bayern still deciding, no change from yesterday"

I don't agree.
You can agree a contract before it has been signed. So contact agreed is correct, just not signed. That's what is being claimed.

Probably a case of there being a quick discussion with agent to get an idea of what the ballpark demands would be and Bayern knowing it wouldn't be a problem

Or Tuchel just demonstrates again he has a pretty terrible eye for scouting talent. Losing Kimmich and replacing with Dier would be a shocker. He'll be sacked by the end of the season.

Back