• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Let’s hope not. But will once again highlight how poorly run the club is at the moment if he does end up with a new contract.
How is it the running of the club if these managers clearly want to keep him? Mourinho and Conte both praised him highly and if Ange didn’t want him, he would be off. Everyone says Levy is all about money so if one of our players who could bring in a decent fee could be sold, surely he would be all over it?

How is it the running of the club if these managers clearly want to keep him? Mourinho and Conte both praised him highly and if Ange didn’t want him, he would be off. Everyone says Levy is all about money so if one of our players who could bring in a decent fee could be sold, surely he would be all over it?

The fact that Dier, Sanchez (and to a lesser extent Davies) are still here and play such big roles after years of under performing is poor from the club, it’s a failure in recruiting. There was talk of Dier getting a new deal in the period between Conte going and Ange joining.

The fact that Dier, Sanchez (and to a lesser extent Davies) are still here and play such big roles after years of under performing is poor from the club, it’s a failure in recruiting. There was talk of Dier getting a new deal in the period between Conte going and Ange joining.
That, or it's a sign of successive managers all disagreeing with your assessment of them.

Given the statistics and overall output of our defensive unit in the last 3-4 years would suggest it’s an area they mostly got wrong and still needs to be corrected.
As you brought up statistics....

2022/23 - 6th most goals conceded
2021/22 - 17th
2020/21 - 15th
2019/20 - 14th
2018/19 - 18th
2017/18 - 18th
2016/17 - 20th
2015/16 - 20th

I think that says a lot more about recency bias than it does our defence. Up until the World Cup, we were in line for conceding 14th most - not great, but more in line with what we've seen in recent years.

As you brought up statistics....

2022/23 - 6th most goals conceded
2021/22 - 17th
2020/21 - 15th
2019/20 - 14th
2018/19 - 18th
2017/18 - 18th
2016/17 - 20th
2015/16 - 20th

I think that says a lot more about recency bias than it does our defence. Up until the World Cup, we were in line for conceding 14th most - not great, but more in line with what we've seen in recent years.

So our defence doesn’t need to be improved then? We should just stick with Dier and Sanchez ?

Going back to your original point about multiple managers picking the likes of Dier and Sanchez, those all managers all lost their jobs so maybe sticking with them wasn’t the best idea.

Last edited:
I get why the players took out their anger on Chelsea but I would have preferred if we hadn’t completely lost our heads that night and maybe stood a better chance of winning that game. Probably not a popular opinion but I don’t get why people look back so fondly on that game when we threw away a great chance to win at Stamford Bridge which we almost never do and would have kept the pressure on Leicester, at least for one more game.

I may disagree about Dier ( he is better then you think imo) but i could not agree more about that Chelski game. We blew it by losing our heads and i have never understood those fans who thought we did the right thing. We threw it away and and we acted like a bunch of thugs which played into Chelski hands.

So our defence doesn’t need to be improved then? We should just stick with Dier and Sanchez ?

Going back to your original point about multiple managers picking the likes of Dier and Sanchez, those all managers all lost their jobs so maybe sticking with them wasn’t the best idea.
I'd say that being in the bottom 5 of goals conceded is half the recipe for a very high league finish.

Other than last year, our league positions would back that up.

I'd say that being in the bottom 5 of goals conceded is half the recipe for a very high league finish.

Other than last year, our league positions would back that up.

Both toss, played negative defensive football and they still played brick. Next

More like I was nearly always trainers pet, I loved training.

Maybe, but we like that sort of thing in the small games in the gym.

Same, I think probably because in training drills you average alot more touches than you would in any 90 min game, much more close quarter intensity in training than games

Back