• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

This is worth a look to anyone
http://www.eplindex.com/14159/opta-stats-analysis-epl-strikers-reliance-clear-cut-chances.html
http://www.eplindex.com/14159/opta-stats-analysis-epl-strikers-reliance-clear-cut-chances.html/2

The problem is although Adebayer has an average Clear Cut Chance Conversion Rate (38%), he only scores from clear cut chances.

Percentage-of-Goals-Scored-via-CCC.png

Signing Ade really is a no brainer for me.

I just think the guy seriously needs competition hence us having to buy ANOTHER striker. Remy from what I gather with what has been said on here - is certainly not that guy

Would I be wrong to assume Ade would cost 8-10 million and be paid around ?ú100,000 a week, if that's the case then at the age of 28 he'd probably want a 3-4 year contract and would likely stay around the club into his early 30's on a high wage with little sell on value. From what I've seen of Levy and his transfers I'd be surprised to see us sign him permanently, if Ade was a couple of years younger then it might happen or if he was willing to fit into our existing wage structure.

Perhaps City would consider another loan spell.

I'd sign him...I think if rested/rotated once in a while, his form would maintain...for me, he played through little injuries for much of the second half of the season...

Got to keep him. Our top scorer with 17! We will not get a striker that will get 25 goals! There's only van persie and Rooney and probably Aguero that can do that.

17 goals is a good return and whoever we get in is not guaranteed to hit the mark straight away so at least we know what we have got with Adebayor.

When was the last time we had a 30 goal a season striker??

Has to stay. Most effective striker we've had since Berbatov, and hasn't been a minute's trouble. Sure, that may change, but with the (relatively) low transfer fee being touted, and the (hopefully) somewhat reduced wages he'll be on, it's a risk worth taking, imo. We haven't had a striker of his caliber for a while, and the chance of him having a few off-days is acceptable when he does what he's capable of on most days. Sure, Llorente and Cavani are attractive candidates to replace him, but with the inevitable massive transfer fees and the wages involved, they're most likely out of our reach.

Adebayor interview in the evening standard:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport...or-spurs-in-the-champions-league-7757429.html

I would love us to sign him however there are two immensely problematic obstacles which make it unlikely.

Firstly he wants to maintain his ages to enable him to continue supporting charitable projects in Togo.
Secondly Emirates Marketing Project are going to make some more marquee signings this summer, and in an effort to comply with Ffp, however laughably they have bent the rules on that, tey will seek to extract maximum coinage from their player sales. Levy will dither and someone like psg or Malaga will swoop in for him.:cry:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport...or-spurs-in-the-champions-league-7757429.html

I would love us to sign him however there are two immensely problematic obstacles which make it unlikely.

Firstly he wants to maintain his ages to enable him to continue supporting charitable projects in Togo.
Secondly Emirates Marketing Project are going to make some more marquee signings this summer, and in an effort to comply with Ffp, however laughably they have bent the rules on that, tey will seek to extract maximum coinage from their player sales. Levy will dither and someone like psg or Malaga will swoop in for him.:cry:

He didn't specifically say that did he? I'm sure ?ú5m a year would be enough to carry on his projects.

Good to read that and he knows how to ingratiate himself with the fans.

“I am a huge fan of Tottenham now and I love the club. If I am not at the club in the future, I will be following their games and wishing them luck. I played at Arsenal for three years but today I keep Tottenham in my heart more than Arsenal, even though I haven’t played here for as long."

Edit: Levy might be a bit creative in funding his projects for him. Any tax breaks for charitable donations? (Sheik?)

He didn't specifically say that did he? I'm sure ?ú5m a year would be enough to carry on his projects.

What I don't get is why we don't pay a lump sum up front? I'm sure he'll be amicable to such a proposition, and the money can be marked as coming from the savings caused by the reduced transfer fee we'll be paying City..

other than city who else will pay those wages, he's good but not THAT good. i think he'll sign for us and take the paltry 70000 a week that he'll be offered. i hope so anyway, like his style and can put the ball away, although i agree he should do it a bit more often from the chances he gets still got a good tally this year for his first year at spurs.

I would say he was player of the year. He has made a massive difference to the way we play, just think back to the way when Crouch or Keane were here, no ball retension or fluid play, he's not the only one who has missed chances, if we had converted 5% more of our chances we could have won the title.

I just thought there were too many moments where there was a simple release ball to play and Ade kept hold of the ball and tried to beat his man or whatever when it was completely un-needed. He rarely played the simple ball. Also he has the first touch of a rapist! Take out those penalties and consider the long gaps between hitting the net and I don't think his stats are that clever.

I just thought there were too many moments where there was a simple release ball to play and Ade kept hold of the ball and tried to beat his man or whatever when it was completely un-needed. He rarely played the simple ball. Also he has the first touch of a rapist! Take out those penalties and consider the long gaps between hitting the net and I don't think his stats are that clever.

Name five strikers in the PL who have more Goals+Assists.

There should be many considering how bad Adebayor is according to you.

Name five strikers in the PL who have more Goals+Assists.

There should be many considering how bad Adebayor is according to you.

Judging players on stats alone is completely misleading IMO. What about getting the goal when your team is behind and EVEYONE is struggling? What about scoring in the BIG games at the BIG moment? Got any stats for that?

Judging players on stats alone is completely misleading IMO. What about getting the goal when your team is behind and EVEYONE is struggling? What about scoring in the BIG games at the BIG moment? Got any stats for that?

It's not completely misleading. In the short term it might not tell the whole story, over 10-15 games you might get skewed results. Over an Entire season of 38 games? Then it is no longer really misleading, because you either have to make an impact over those 38 games, or you don't.

The season is decided by stats, whether you like it or not, Wins, Losses and draws are all stats.

But I Highly doubt we're going to find anyone better then Adebayor who wants to come to us and fits into our wage structure.

Why do they have to score in the 'big' games? If they score in all the 'small' games they're going to win you lots of points, there are far more 'small' games in a season then there are 'big' games. If you can even classify games as big or small. You can win 3 points, no matter who you are playing, so all the games are of equal value.

We would be very fortunate to find someone who has been as good as Adebayor has been for us this season, and personally i really can't see us signing anyone of that calibre. Of course Levy could prove me wrong, and i would love for him to.

Excellent interview in Todays evening standard.
Says he wants to be at spurs next year, loves the club, the fans, loves harry.
Really hopes to play for us in the cl next year.
And hes a little disappointed after the start we made to only finish 4th.

Top bloke.

Back