• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Great stop gap, exactly what we needed and did a job for us. Personally I'd rather get someone more clinical in, not sure who as I don't watch much football apart from Spurs but there must be someone out there that can link up like Adebayor but has better finishing, also someone a bit more imposing/bullying.

If we can't get someone better then I'd be more than happy to have Ade for another season. He aint gonna get a game at the lottery winners so might as well come here.

Great stop gap, exactly what we needed and did a job for us. Personally I'd rather get someone more clinical in, not sure who as I don't watch much football apart from Spurs but there must be someone out there that can link up like Adebayor but has better finishing, also someone a bit more imposing/bullying.

If we can't get someone better then I'd be more than happy to have Ade for another season. He aint gonna get a game at the lottery winners so might as well come here.

There is such a person.... He is called Didier Drogba, is 34 years old and looking for a 2 year deal on even bigger money than Adebayor!

Definite buy. About as good as we can afford.

And I think that's what it boils down to really. We are going to have make clever buys as much as we might want someone like Llorente. TBH I would revamp the entire forward line personally, If Defoe want's to go then Im not too worried provided we can bring Ade plus another decent forward in. Huntelaar would be a good shout in terms of cost, experience considering he has one year left at Schalke.

I really feel that certain players who might seem unfashionable/beneath us would be really good signings as a squad forward like Fletcher, who would cost a nominal fee given Wolves relegation or Rodallega, who is now out of contract. These are players that I wouldn't complain about seeing in the squad to compliment a couple of decent forward signings if im honest.

Final thoughts on Ade? You never know how good you had it until after the event. We'll be doing well to get someone of his quality in next year.

Good player, my only criticism is he just seemed to lack a certain hunger and drive. Looks like he lacks that killer instinct. WOuld like to see him get riled and then play, he should be a fudging monster.

18 goals in 36 games is a good ratio, but he also misses more than his fair share of chances. His overally play is miles better than any forward we've had in years, but his wages are going to be a problem. I'd rather take a punt on someone like Cavani who would probably cost less in wages.

my thoughts on adebayor

- his first touch, sometimes lets him down
- but when he's in the mood, he's unplayable
- he works really hard
- he keeps the ball really well
- he has great pace for a big lad
- he scores lots of goals
- he's a superb target man
- he's ghetto fabulous

This 100%

it's why 3rd place was so important. could have worked something out with city if we knew we were def in ther CL but now there's no chance.

Emmanuel Adebayor ‏ @Sheyiadebayor

What an unbelievable end to an amazing season! Thank you for all your support. It means so much to me. Especially the Tottenham fans, you have been great!

With the service he's been given this season Ade should have ended up on about 25 goals. Good player but not great.
Would much rather have Berbatov, he'd have been pushing RVP for the golden boot if he'd had the service Ade has this season.

For the minutes played Defoe has a much better record this season. Ade a goal every 167 minutes. Defoe a goal every 117 minutes. Berbatov a goal every 73 minutes...

Yeah but we're not going to get Berbatov. He is earning more than he'd get here, Levy probably wouldn't accept it, a large portion of the fans likewise and he's probably be apprehensive about coming back so there's not much point in pining after him.

18 goals in 36 games is a good ratio, but he also misses more than his fair share of chances. His overally play is miles better than any forward we've had in years, but his wages are going to be a problem. I'd rather take a punt on someone like Cavani who would probably cost less in wages.

Agreed on paper that is a good stat but with the chances we made he should have scored at least 25

Agreed on paper that is a good stat but with the chances we made he should have scored at least 25

Not to mention 4 of those 18 are penalties...And yes,I m glad we finally have someone who can convert them,but still the fact remains that Adebayor only ever scores from clear cut chances.

Back