• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

If there's one player who contributes more than his stats would suggest, it's Ade. His movement and linking play are fantastic.

Name five strikers in the PL who have more Goals+Assists.

There should be many considering how bad Adebayor is according to you.

Ultimately his stats are pretty much the same as Defoe's and Saha's.

Agv3K.jpg

Ultimately his stats are pretty much the same as Defoe's and Saha's.

Agv3K.jpg

Fair enough, but striker with better stats?

Berba -left us to play for united
RVp - rival would never play for us, couldn't afford wages
Dzeko - COuldn't afford wages
Aguero - see above
Tevez - See above
Rooney - See above
Aninchebe - Honestly have no idea about him
Cisse - Gets sent off far too often
Balotelli - See Dzeko

We won't be getting anyone better, Without spending serious money (30m+). Or gambling on an unproven player.

I thought adebayor was great last season, should have had at least three more goals that were wrongfully declared offside. The main negative is that we are too reliant on him, there is no plan B if he is having an off game. If we got another striker of that kind of quality we'd be laughing

It was not only what he done on the pitch, he was also the life and soul of the dressing room by the looks of the clips in training and the random dressing room clips. Was always messing about and making other players smile.

Aguero - see above
Tevez - See above
Rooney - See above
Balotelli - See Dzeko

We won't be getting anyone better, Without spending serious money (30m+). Or gambling on an unproven player.

We can't afford Adebayor's wages neither.
If him on a 3 year contract say in 3 years he'd have cost us 42m (15m fee + 3 x 9m wages). He'd then leave on free as we wouldnt want a 31 year old on 170k a week.
If we got say Leandro in a on a 5 year deal in 3 years he's cost us 27.8m (20m fee + 3 x 2.7m wages). He'd then no doubt wanna fudge off and play for United/City/Madrid whoever. We got sell him for 30-40m and we'd have made a profit on him.
We could even go to Dortmund, pony up the 35m it would take for them to sell Lewandowski. Sign him to a 5 year deal. In 3 years he's cost us 50.6m (35m fee + 3 x 5.2m wages). We could still sell him for 30-40m and come out just costing 10-20m for the 3 seasons.

And that's the reason Levy wont touch Adebayor on those wages. A player on huge wages will have no resale value when he's his 30s.

It was not only what he done on the pitch, he was also the life and soul of the dressing room by the looks of the clips in training and the random dressing room clips. Was always messing about and making other players smile.

We already have David Bentley for that.

Excellent interview in Todays evening standard.
Says he wants to be at spurs next year, loves the club, the fans, loves harry.
Really hopes to play for us in the cl next year.
And hes a little disappointed after the start we made to only finish 4th.

Top bloke.

I read the whole interview. Changed my opinion of Ade completely. I started off thinking that it was just a PR release but then realised that he wont be here next season, so it werent just for show. It was genuine.
As you said, top man.

Heres the link chaps -
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport...or-spurs-in-the-champions-league-7757429.html

Aguero - see above
Tevez - See above
Rooney - See above
Balotelli - See Dzeko

Berbatov was unproven in this league as was Cisse at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. If we cast our net wide enough there are good players around that would come to Spurs

Look at Nikica Jelavić, he came from the dodgy Scottish league and cost ?ú5.5m and has scored 11 goals in 14 matches for Everton. Not a bad gamble

Berbatov was unproven in this league as was Cisse at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. If we cast our net wide enough there are good players around that would come to Spurs

Look at Nikica Jelavić, he came from the dodgy Scottish league and cost ?ú5.5m and has scored 11 goals in 14 matches for Everton. Not a bad gamble

I can agree, but for each berbatov and cisse, there are quite a lot of strikers that never cut the mustard..

Hope the Scouting team are working overtime on it.

I would definitly have him in on a permanent deal, but it would have to be on greatly reduced wages, as I do not believe he represents good value for the money he currently earns.

I thought adebayor was great last season, should have had at least three more goals that were wrongfully declared offside. The main negative is that we are too reliant on him, there is no plan B if he is having an off game. If we got another striker of that kind of quality we'd be laughing

I think the MAIN negative is that he does not understand/care about the offside rule... and as such, is caught there RIDICULOUSLY too many times, which may ALSO explain the 'flag-happy' reaction from the linesman (at Stoke especially) on the 2 occasions he WAS onside... a bit of 'Offside-Cry-Wolf' if you will...

Emirates Marketing Project fan in peace here, first post. Been a lurker for a long, long time, decided to make an account the other week. Actually made an account on the old GG, but never posted then either. I'm not here to de-bunk myths or anything like that, just want to give an honest insight to what I (and City fans in general) think of Ade.

Firstly, I really don't think the idea of another loan is going to happen. Contrary to popular belief, we are wary of FFP. We need to rake in as much money as we can, and I'm sure you don't find it greedy to look at Adebayor as potential income. We need this money to buy future players, Eden Hazard being an example. Also, we offered Adebayor to clubs like you and Madrid for around £10-12m last summer. Due to his good season, his stock will have most likely increased and we will probably attempt to wrench out a couple more million, even if we are negotiating with Levy.

Secondly, his wages aren't £170k, but are still disproportionately high. Personally, I blame the useless Garry Cook and Mark Hughes for this, but this isn't Bluemoon. The way Ade has looked like he is enjoying himself suggests to me that he will lower this. I never saw him this happy at City, and he had a good few seasons at us!! (I don't have the facts at hand, but I preferred him to Tevez for much of our first season. I would prefer him to Tevez now but again, this isn't Bluemoon) Footballers are humans. They are more likely to go to places they like, and you've given him the "love" he craves so much. This plus the fact he is very much the focal point of attacks and is centre of attention gives me reason to believe his wages won't be a problem.

Next, his performances. When we first loaned him, I remember many of our fans warning you of his dreadful finishing. He consistently misses chance after chance and, apart from Anelka in his City heyday, is offside more than any player I've ever seen. He has undoubted quality. Forgive me for this, but his volley at WHL for Arsenal a few years ago proves this. He scored a fantastic hat-trick for us in the Europa League in 2011 against FC Whothefudge. On his day, I'd easily put him in the Top 5 Prem strikers. Unfortunately, his day didn't come often enough for us. Eventually, Mancini unfairly froze him out. There was a rumour going round the stands at Eastlands that Ade was a mole to the press, and was leaking stories to The Scum and The Daily Fail. We also noted how he disappeared in the big games. A quick memory scan tells me he only score against Arsenal at home for us. I don't know his record for you against the bigger teams. The point I'm trying to make is that a happy, confident Adebayor is an unplayable one, and COULD play for any side in the world. I'm one of a few City fans who rate him this highly. However, have we ever seen this Adebayor?

Back