• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

He must surely realise the reason he's on 170k and that he can't demand that if he leaves the lottery winners?

Even if he realise that he wont be on that kind of money after he leave City,
he is still in his right to demand it for the lenght of his current contract.
Hence the discount on his transfer fee.

Agree with Steff above.

Ade showed us how we need a far-better striker than Defoe to be top-4 challengers. Could be our most important signing of the window. Another top-drawer option would be nice though.

My thoughts on Adebayor

- His first touch, sometimes lets him down
- But when he's in the mood, he's unplayable
- He works REALLY hard
- He keeps the ball really well
- He has great pace for a big lad
- He scores lots of goals
- He's a superb target man
- He's ghetto fabulous

i feel he's found his level with us :D
so it depends on how much he's gonna cost... at the moment, he's going to cost sky-high judging by what Emirates Marketing Project.

but he's a great bloke to have in the team.

Is there a target/link man who is a) better than Ade and (b) gettable? I'm not sure I can think of one

We should at least try get Lewandowski or Leandro for a start, before we sign up Adebayor to a 170k a week 4 year contract.
Also take a look at how much Giroud or Ba would cost. Or alternatively try Jovetic, he could be our Aguero.

A huge upgrade on Crouch. We simply don't have the cash to match his current wage though. If he wants that kind of money he can go to Russia and have bananas thrown at him.

Back him up with another decent tall striker and we are talking.

Leandro would be nice.

A huge upgrade on Crouch. We simply don't have the cash to match his current wage though. If he wants that kind of money he can go to Russia and have bananas thrown at him.

Back him up with another decent tall striker and we are talking.

Leandro would be nice.

Make that a striker that can attack the ball arially and score headers consistantly and I'll be happy

He must surely realise the reason he's on 170k and that he can't demand that if he leaves the lottery winners?

im sure he does - the question i guess is, how determined would you be to leave 170k contract for 100k ? he might think of seeing out his contract with City and then move on

he would effectively be losing out on 70 k p/w to play first team football

Definite signing for me.

He now knows the club, fits into our system very well, is a brilliant player and we would get more of the same next season. If we signed someone like Llorente for big bucks, he may not fit in straight away and could hamper the beginning of our season.

We have to buy this guy. He works for us in every sense of the word and there is no guarantee that any other striker we get would be as successful no matter what we paid for him.

I'm sure the wages thing can be negotiated around with signing on fees, image rights, bonuses, etc. Maybe even City chipping in a few pounds too. For me Ade is a ?ú20mil striker easy so if we get him for say closer to ?ú10mil then that's 10mil we have to play with. He would be top of the priority list for me.

If money was no object I would sign him....but is is an object.

He (rightly) doesn't care about Spurs and will go where the best offer is.

If money was no object I would sign him....but is is an object.

He (rightly) doesn't care about Spurs and will go where the best offer is.

He doesn't care about Spurs in all likelihood but I think he does like it at Spurs. He will push for a move I think.

I think Saha is more likely to be given the 3rd striker role permanently... Ade (most probably) and defoe (possibly) will be off... meaning we have to find 2 first team strikers... one would be tough, but TWO??

Unless I'm wrong and we keep ONE of Ade or Defoe and just push the boat out for Llorente...

my 3 favoured strikers next season would be;

1st Choice; Llorente
2nd Choice: Berbatov (sorry loyalty lovers!)
3rd Choice: Adebayor

4th choice: Defoe
5th Choice: Knowing me, knowing you... Sahaaaaaaaa!

Sadly, I could quite easily see Harry letting Ade go wherever the dollar is greatest, not bothering to replace him, and settling for Saha, Defoe & Kane as our front 3 options!!!

I think Saha is more likely to be given the 3rd striker role permanently... Ade (most probably) and defoe (possibly) will be off... meaning we have to find 2 first team strikers... one would be tough, but TWO??

Unless I'm wrong and we keep ONE of Ade or Defoe and just push the boat out for Llorente...

1st Choice; Llorente

Sadly, I could quite easily see Harry letting Ade go wherever the dollar is greatest, not bothering to replace him, and settling for Saha, Defoe & Kane as our front 3 options!!!

:ross:

Priceless

1st Choice; Llorente

Berbatov *spit*. No fudging chance.

Back