• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Completely ignoring what i am saying, why does it even need to be mentioned if he has played well and we have won? Seems people hate to praise the spacegoats on here.

Because his range (or lack of) of passing puts us under pressure when all he can do is make routine 10-20 yard passes and nothing more. Can you follow that? You might be happy with all aspects of his game but I’m not sure why people expect everyone else to be. Can you follow that?

Spot on, both those players have done well since Conte has worked with them. Sadly for some they can not forget the brick they gave both players in previous seasons, especially Dier.

Dier has been a completely different player in the last 12 months and deserves all the plaudits he gets. He also still has areas of his game that need improving, but they don’t stand out as much as Sanchez’s passing, which is what people have been discussing because it affects our play.

Because his range (or lack of) of passing puts us under pressure when all he can do is make routine 10-20 yard passes and nothing more. Can you follow that? You might be happy with all aspects of his game but I’m not sure why people expect everyone else to be. Can you follow that?
Or maybe the lack of hold up play is the reason we give the ball straight back and end up being under pressure?

Dier has been a completely different player in the last 12 months and deserves all the plaudits he gets. He also still has areas of his game that need improving, but they don’t stand out as much as Sanchez’s passing, which is what people have been discussing because it affects our play.

All players have areas which can be improved on ( some more then others). Sanchez has ( so far) this season played well ( down to Conte working with him i guess), as for his faults i do not disagree with saying his passing is not the best but as a forth choice back up ( to Dier Romero Davies) he is fine.

I know the game has changed but the primary job of a CB is to stop anything coming into the box, it's why Gascionge and Carrick never played there. There are few CB I can think of who are good passer under pressure, as long as he keeps it simple I'm happy.

Depends on what you mean by "putting a foot wrong".

To me he rather repeatedly puts us under more pressure and stops us from playing through pressure by picking the easy way out (poor long balls, playing it out for a throw, super safe pass selection). But that may not be "putting a foot wrong", maybe just him recognising that he's not very good on the ball so he should keep it safe.

So not mistakes as such, but detrimental effect to our overall play.

He isn't a particularly good fit to our style on the ball.

The CBs we have signed is more highly rated on the ball than purely defensively. We've been linked more or less exclusively to very good ball playing centre backs. Tanganga (another one that's limited on the ball) seems to be on his way out, despite being home grown.

RCB has been less of a priority because we have Romero and adequate cover in Sanchez, whereas on the left at had only Davies.

I'm very happy that he's proving himself good enough as a cover player. Longer term I think we'd want a backup player that fits our style of play on the ball as well as defensively. But it's not a priority and we can't do everything in one window.

Fair play to him. He's adapted to Conte's system, makes the most of the qualities he has. He's been playing well and weeded out most of his defensive errors. Done at least as well as could be expected.
He was much more involved than both Dier and Davies, with more than twice the amount of touches and passes of Dier. Despite that, his passing accuracy was equal to Dier, and slightly better with long balls. You're seeing things that aren't there. I wish people could just support our players and see things objectively, instead of clinging on to a previous made up perception from years ago.

Or maybe the lack of hold up play is the reason we give the ball straight back and end up being under pressure?

So it’s the all the forwards fault as usual? Do the 8 players need to contribute or do you expect our front 3 to carry us every game? Being able to turn defence into attack is a massive part of football, if your CB’s can’t handle anything more difficult that a simple 10 yard passes then we have limited options.

Sanchez defends well, but his passing isn't great and he's not confident on the ball or under pressure. If you just look at what he does without considering the knock on effects he's been doing very well, if you're able to connect the dots you can see it contributes to opponents pushing us back, but that's also not helped by the fact that Royal and Dier aren't great in similar circumstances either

How many long passes did Dier complete yesterday? Was there any major difference in the passing of the 3 CB's?
I'll answer it for you. They were pretty much equal in every aspect, but with Sanzhez being the busier of them. Dier had 0 successful long balls from 4. Sanchez completed 1 of 6.
So why are you still banging on about things that aren't true??? It's becoming utterly ridiculous!

How many long passes did Dier complete yesterday? Was there any major difference in the passing of the 3 CB's?
I'll answer it for you. They were pretty much equal in every aspect, but with Sanzhez being the busier of them. Dier had 0 successful long balls from 4. Sanchez completed 1 of 6.
So why are you still banging on about things that aren't true??? It's becoming utterly ridiculous!

Do I need to spell it out? Dier and Davies have more credit in the bank than Sanchez does who has been poor for the majority of his Spurs career. Hence why they get more slack. Chill out. Not everyone has to have the same opinion as you.

Do I need to spell it out? Dier and Davies have more credit in the bank than Sanchez does who has been poor for the majority of his Spurs career. Hence why they get more slack. Chill out. Not everyone has to have the same opinion as you.

Which is biased and unfair. Judge the player for what he is doing now not what he did under previous managers.

That's just a comical and ridiculous statement, and just confirms that you made up your mind about sanzhez years ago, and completely ignores how he's doing currently, and that he's actually improved a lot in the areas where you pretty much has labelled him as an utter disaster.

Sanchez defends well, but his passing isn't great and he's not confident on the ball or under pressure. If you just look at what he does without considering the knock on effects he's been doing very well, if you're able to connect the dots you can see it contributes to opponents pushing us back, but that's also not helped by the fact that Royal and Dier aren't great in similar circumstances either
Not confident on the ball yet he had the ball near the corner/touch line with an attacker closing him down and he dummies to clear the ball, does a cryff turn and plays it out comfortably. Doesn’t really scream out someone bricking it with the ball under pressure. Yes we all know he’s not Romero with the ball going to help create a bucket load of attacks, but he is not that bad either….

That's just a comical and ridiculous statement, and just confirms that you made up your mind about sanzhez years ago, and completely ignores how he's doing currently, and that he's actually improved a lot in the areas where you pretty much has labelled him as an utter disaster.

He has done well this season when called upon, same for last season. He is still poor on the ball. You think he he’s better on the ball, I don’t. Get over it.

Yesterday Juergen referenced the fact that Mourinho targeted him when he was at Ajax - he was fudging 20 years old with not a lot of experience. As if someone can’t improve attributes over the next 6 years…..

Yesterday Juergen referenced the fact that Mourinho targeted him when he was at Ajax - he was fudging 20 years old with not a lot of experience. As if someone can’t improve attributes over the next 6 years…..
Yeah, and Kane looked like a complete donkey when he was loaned out. We should all judge him on those years, and just ignore that he's become one of the greatest strikers in the world.

The last thing I would want from my centre backs is ambition.

Keeping it simple is just fine. It’s how the game is supposed to be after all.

Back