• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

He’s filled in and done a fine job but he’s poor on the ball no two ways about it. He can just about pull off simple passes without getting us in trouble but anything beyond that is not his area of expertise.
Na, his passing is fine - nothing special but it’s not poor. And you’ll have to remind me the last time you saw a defender poor on the ball who consistently did cryff turns successfully to outwit attackers….

Makes me nervous, and will get exposed against better opposition. His ball control and passing is not even average. He is an average defensive player,

Na, his passing is fine - nothing special but it’s not poor. And you’ll have to remind me the last time you saw a defender poor on the ball who consistently did cryff turns successfully to outwit attackers….

Completely disagree. Jose targeted him years ago in the EL final before he was even a known entity

He’s filled in and done a fine job but he’s poor on the ball no two ways about it. He can just about pull off simple passes without getting us in trouble but anything beyond that is not his area of expertise.
He's really not poor. Your dislike is massively coloring your view of him. He's improved a lot and his passing into midfield is as good as anyone. He's been tremendous but you just don't want to accept it because you dislike him for some weird reason.

Also think this narrative that he is poor on the ball needs to go. Yes, he is no Romero with it but he is fine…..
He is poor on the ball because when he gets the ball you can see him look for a safe option and delay and play a low risk pass 10 yards which puts us on the back foot because the opposition knows he is under confident and so move forward in anticipation of this. That puts us under increasing pressure and we fall back in anticipation of how things nearly always go with him, a tentative ball that is safety first. He just doesn't have the feel for a game or where people are running or how to put us on the front foot, he constantly puts us on the back foot which is a problem in terms of our fluency.
I'm surprised you can't see this, it stands out a mile that clubs let him have the ball and then surround him.

He's really not poor. Your dislike is massively coloring your view of him. He's improved a lot and his passing into midfield is as good as anyone. He's been tremendous but you just don't want to accept it because you dislike him for some weird reason.

I don’t dislike anyone in our team now. There are players I rate and admire more than others but I don’t actively dislike anyone and to suggest so is a straw man argument. He’s been at the club for 6 years, that’s more than long enough for people to make a judgement on him. I’m allowed to not rate players as highly as others. Half of the board can see he is poor on the ball, do they also all dislike him?

So the guy has been a bit of a beast when he has come in but yet every other post is negative about him, unbelievable.

I don’t dislike anyone in our team now. There are players I rate and admire more than others but I don’t actively dislike anyone and to suggest so is a straw man argument. He’s been at the club for 6 years, that’s more than long enough for people to make a judgement on him. I’m allowed to not rate players as highly as others. Half of the board can see he is poor on the ball, do they also all dislike him?
But he hasn't been poor on the ball, so you are clinging on to a perception that might have been true some time ago, but just isn't true anymore. Players evolve and get better,so why bang on about things that clearly are not valid anymore?
He's hardly put a foot wrong, yet you and others still bang on about a perception of him you made years ago.
I just don't understand it.

But he hasn't been poor on the ball, so you are clinging on to a perception that might have been true some time ago, but just isn't true anymore. Players evolve and get better,so why bang on about things that clearly are not valid anymore?
He's hardly put a foot wrong, yet you and others still bang on about a perception of him you made years ago.
I just don't understand it.

Because despite his performances, his weaknesses haven’t disappeared. He IS still poor on the ball no matter how many times you keep saying he isn’t anymore we can all use our eyes. He’s keeping it simple which is all we can ask for and he hasn’t made any mistakes, at least any that cost us. A player can be effective and perform a role for a short period of time and still have shortcomings in his game. You do understand that don’t you?

Back