• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Yesterday Juergen referenced the fact that Mourinho targeted him when he was at Ajax - he was fudging 20 years old with not a lot of experience. As if someone can’t improve attributes over the next 6 years…..

Just saying it’s hardly a well kept secret that he has a glaring weakness with the ball at his feet. I had no idea saying such thing would be so controversial. GHod help this place if we ever discuss anything that actually matters like suicide or birth control. Maybe we should discuss those things and stay away from the controversial stuff like Sanchez’s range of passing :D

Just saying it’s hardly a well kept secret that he has a glaring weakness with the ball at his feet. I had no idea saying such thing would be so controversial. GHod help this place if we ever discuss anything that actually matters like suicide or birth control. Maybe we should discuss those things and stay away from the controversial stuff like Sanchez’s range of passing :D
No you’re saying someone identified an apparent weakness of a player at 20 years old, therefore that’s evidence he has that weakness now. I’m sure you can connect the dots about why that’s a ridiculous theory, but agree the general debate isn’t going anywhere.
Like in a lot of cases, IMO the answer lies somewhere in the middle - his passing isn’t that great, but it’s not bad either….

No you’re saying someone identified an apparent weakness of a player at 20 years old, therefore that’s evidence he has that weakness now. I’m sure you can connect the dots about why that’s a ridiculous theory, but agree the general debate isn’t going anywhere.
Like in a lot of cases, IMO the answer lies somewhere in the middle - his passing isn’t that great, but it’s not bad either….

He's still clumsy on the ball. Got himself into a tangle against Woolwich early on in the 3-0. He did similar against Wolves. He was brilliant in both of those games afterwards but he has a moment like that in most games and top teams will exploit it ruthlessly. The lad just isn't, and never will be, good on the ball at that level. You can see he's awkward with it in a tight spot under pressure. It's fair and valid to call it out now rather than saying how great he is now and piling in on him when that mistake costs us.

He's a very, very capable back up. The Dippers had Gomez and Nat Phillips and neither have been impressive. City have Nathan Ake and John Stones both of whom have their limitations. Sanchez is a good but limited player in my view.

Interesting question - if Romero was fit, does he get straight in for Sanchez at the moment?

Kulusevski is a huge upgrade on Lamela. Scores and creates more, makes better use of the ball and is fit and available to play (so far).

Kulu is a great player, but that’s a small part of the game, how many rabona’s, hand stamps and calling Wheelchair a fudging pussy moments has he had?

A lot of things are important in football.

He's still clumsy on the ball. Got himself into a tangle against Woolwich early on in the 3-0. He did similar against Wolves. He was brilliant in both of those games afterwards but he has a moment like that in most games and top teams will exploit it ruthlessly. The lad just isn't, and never will be, good on the ball at that level. You can see he's awkward with it in a tight spot under pressure. It's fair and valid to call it out now rather than saying how great he is now and piling in on him when that mistake costs us.

He's a very, very capable back up. The Dippers had Gomez and Nat Phillips and neither have been impressive. City have Nathan Ake and John Stones both of whom have their limitations. Sanchez is a good but limited player in my view.

Interesting question - if Romero was fit, does he get straight in for Sanchez at the moment?

He's way behind romero, don't think anyone is saying anything different.
But as you say he is probably the best back we can expect to have, especially at this point when we have other priorities.

Romero would come straight in as he’s our best CB.

So it’s the all the forwards fault as usual? Do the 8 players need to contribute or do you expect our front 3 to carry us every game? Being able to turn defence into attack is a massive part of football, if your CB’s can’t handle anything more difficult that a simple 10 yard passes then we have limited options.
It is if you need the ball held up for the rest of the team to attack with numbers, I don’t get how Sanchez is being blamed for the turn over of possession that has been given away by other team mates, it really is ridiculous.

It is if you need the ball held up for the rest of the team to attack with numbers, I don’t get how Sanchez is being blamed for the turn over of possession that has been given away by other team mates, it really is ridiculous.

I don’t think they are even expected to hold it up, just turn and go, we put them in repeated 3 on 3 situations, just concentrate and make a play.

It will be interesting to see how Conte solves this lack of fluidity.

Sometimes these things can just be the wrong tempo rather than having the wrong personnel or formation.

Speeding it up is where I would go from here. Crisp up the passing, release the ball at the first opportunity and engage our formidable forwards so that we can get them the ball with their heads up and already facing the right way.

If then players cannot cope then something will be learned and perhaps look at formations and changing players but right now we don’t need that sort of surgery.

He was much more involved than both Dier and Davies, with more than twice the amount of touches and passes of Dier. Despite that, his passing accuracy was equal to Dier, and slightly better with long balls. You're seeing things that aren't there. I wish people could just support our players and see things objectively, instead of clinging on to a previous made up perception from years ago.
It's not unfair to say Sanchez passing is on the mediocre side and he can look very uncomfortable when put under pressure. It's just the truth, he's not a ball playing CB but then not every player is and I'd rather a good defender first and poor passer than the other way around. But tbh Dier's short passing isn't really any better, he looks a lot more confident when he passes it directly to the opposition so it's not noticed as much. [emoji1787]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back