• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Good luck to Sanchez. Hard to dislike given he never moaned and was always available. Just never lived up to expectations. Has a lot of the tools to be a top player but is very weak where he is weak.

Noticed at the weekend that he was the first one celebrating with Son on the hat-trick. Think that tells you the lad was a team player.

Hope it goes very well for him in Turkey or wherever else he ends up.

Happy to separate my opinion of him as a signing and how's he conducted himself as a person. Always tried his best, never hid and people telling me its ironic his last act was to miss a pen are missing the point - his last act of stepping up to take the pen was one of courage which a few others in the fringes of the team failed to show.

Also grateful for the fee when he could have had a bench role and taken a free next year. Wish him all the best

Good luck to Sanchez. Hard to dislike given he never moaned and was always available. Just never lived up to expectations. Has a lot of the tools to be a top player but is very weak where he is weak.

Noticed at the weekend that he was the first one celebrating with Son on the hat-trick. Think that tells you the lad was a team player.

Hope it goes very well for him in Turkey or wherever else he ends up.

Absolutely.

Didn't deserve the grief and goes with a huge dose of wellwishes

Happy he's going as we need to clear the sub standard players from the squad. A slight concern that it leaves us a little short if we get an injury back there but to be honest if he were still here I wouldn't really have any confidence.

On balance he's not been as bad as many seem to have remembered. I've said it loads of times he's a better defender than Dier, has had longer periods of playing well as CB and suits the current system more. He is still not good enough.

Good luck Davidson, hopefully your next move suits better.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Not a bad player but very inconsistent, certainly played some great games for us as well as some awful ones. Perhaps in a less pressured environment knowing he's first choice might improve the consistency but he wasn't good enough for where we're aiming. £15m is a decent fee given how hard it is to sell players.

We could get caught short if we get injuries but must only be 15 or so games to January now. I'm sure we'll survive.

Romano confirmed it before i replied to that post. Romano very very rarely calls it confirmed when it isn’t, he had pictures of Ndombele in Turkey before it was confirmed. I think you are living in the dark ages.

I just rather people use the correct language to describe something that may happen rather than has happened, we have different tenses for a reason. As with the Fulham midfielder like I said, you can be sat in the new kit doing press for the new club and the plug is pulled so any form of info / itk types don't mean something untill it's officially confirmed.

Either way, it's nice the madness of the transfer window is over. As you aluded to in a later post, it's great if Philips gets a chance because of this move and thrives and Sanchez gets a fresh start somewhere to get back on track.

It's not a moan but an observation that he's gone from 1st back up in the league and starting in the league cup to being sold - That still seems odd to me but ideally it'll work out. Hate to be that guy (but often am tbf) as there's no point in worrying but a long term injury to Cuti would be rough. I've been critical of Sanchez when he has been dogbrick but for the run in to 4th under Conte he was indubitably excellent.

Last edited:
Happy to separate my opinion of him as a signing and how's he conducted himself as a person. Always tried his best, never hid and people telling me its ironic his last act was to miss a pen are missing the point - his last act of stepping up to take the pen was one of courage which a few others in the fringes of the team failed to show.

Also grateful for the fee when he could have had a bench role and taken a free next year. Wish him all the best

An exemplary assessment and a mature reaction.

Always hoped he could offer a Ledley-like presence in the backline. Wasn't to be but wish him well in the future.

Back