• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

No there weren't. Our midfield four for that CC final were Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Sissoko and Winks. And Ndombele was apparently injured and in bad form, as per Mason. So, Hojbjerg, Sissoko and Winks. Mason tried to compensate by playing Lo Celso, an attacking midfielder, next to Hojbjerg, but eventually he had to come off - and who were the only subs available?

Sissoko. And Winks.

For the CL final, it was even worse - Sissoko and Winks were non-figuratively our only options. We had spent 18 months buying nobody in the greatest dereliction of duty by an excuse for a chairman in living memory, with an incredibly stale and tired squad - and then even sold Dembele in January without buying a replacement, further weakening our central midfield.

Sissoko and Winks were all we had.

So, no, there were no options. And that is on Levy. I haven't even gotten to his reluctance to take a loss on underperforming players because of his stupid reputation as a 'keen negotiator', which he is apparently willing to feed even if it means weakening the team by holding on to utter sh*te because no one will pay what he wants for 'em.

All those finals? We've made three in the last decade, with vastly different squads.

Do you want to know how many finals Aston Villa have made?

Three. CC finals, 2010 and 2020. FA Cup final, 2015.

So even there, Levy is about on par with the five different owners Villa have had during that time. Wow, what a great chairman.

I said semi finals and finals, don't know why you ignored that bit.

I said semi finals and finals, don't know why you ignored that bit.

Because it isn't a final, mate. Saying a semi-final is 'close to success' is pointless, it isn't. It's finishing 4th in a cup competition, falling at the penultimate hurdle.

No one measures that as success, and rightly so.

Well, no, that's wrong. Maybe Levy does - seems like something he'd like to take credit for. 'We fell at the penultimate hurdle a couple of times more than Villa in the last decade! See, ENIC are good for Spurs!'.

Because it isn't a final, mate. Saying a semi-final is 'close to success' is pointless, it isn't. It's finishing 4th in a cup competition, falling at the penultimate hurdle.

No one measures that as success, and rightly so.

Well, no, that's wrong. Maybe Levy does - seems like something he'd like to take credit for. 'We fell at the penultimate hurdle a couple of times more than Villa in the last decade! See, ENIC are good for Spurs!'.
Look at the finals we have been in
No goals and stage fright
That’s not on levy

Look at the finals we have been in
No goals and stage fright
That’s not on levy

Again, Levy is directly responsible for having Sissoko at the club instead of the manager's first choice. Sissoko has been responsible for two of the three goals we have conceded in the last two finals.

Squads matter. Levy does not give a damn about having a strong squad, just having an NFL stadium.

Again, Levy is directly responsible for having Sissoko at the club instead of the manager's first choice. Sissoko has been responsible for two of the three goals we have conceded in the last two finals.

Squads matter. Levy does not give a damn about having a strong squad, just having an NFL stadium.
Levy is 100% responsible for us buying players we couldn’t afford, I agree

They don’t make enough to pay their wages after costs
Most sides don’t
Better training ground???
Think you mean a newer one

No, I mean a better training ground.

People like to boast about ENIC directing the club's own revenues into infrastructure as some investment on their part ('they spent 1b on a stadium and 40m on a training ground!').

It's utterly wrong, because they spent nothing - the club did. But by that yardstick, Spurs spent 40m on the new training ground.

Leicester spent 100m on theirs. Fairly certain their complex covers a larger area with more specialized buildings than ours, as well.

No there weren't. Our midfield four for that CC final were Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Sissoko and Winks. And Ndombele was apparently injured and in bad form, as per Mason. So, Hojbjerg, Sissoko and Winks. Mason tried to compensate by playing Lo Celso, an attacking midfielder, next to Hojbjerg, but eventually he had to come off - and who were the only subs available?

Sissoko. And Winks.

For the CL final, it was even worse - Sissoko and Winks were non-figuratively our only options. We had spent 18 months buying nobody in the greatest dereliction of duty by an excuse for a chairman in living memory, with an incredibly stale and tired squad - and then even sold Dembele in January without buying a replacement, further weakening our central midfield.

Sissoko and Winks were all we had.

So, no, there were no options. And that is on Levy. I haven't even gotten to his reluctance to take a loss on underperforming players because of his stupid reputation as a 'keen negotiator', which he is apparently willing to feed even if it means weakening the team by holding on to utter sh*te because no one will pay what he wants for 'em.
Yes there were other options. He played Winks beside PEH not Lo Celso, Lo Celso was further forward. Not that it was much further forward the way we played.
When he took Lo Celso off Mason could've and should've brought Dele on and not Sissoko. PEH didn't come off until the last 5 mins. Ndombele could've played those 5 mins.

In the CL there were options on the bench including Dier and Wanyama. The buying nobody was down to Poch, he rejected some great choices for the CM, most notably Tielemans. He would've been perfect for that midfield, but yeah we can't blame anything on Poch, has to be Levy.

Yes there were other options. He played Winks beside PEH not Lo Celso, Lo Celso was further forward. Not that it was much further forward the way we played.
When he took Lo Celso off Mason could've and should've brought Dele on and not Sissoko. PEH didn't come off until the last 5 mins. Ndombele could've played those 5 mins.

In the CL there were options on the bench including Dier and Wanyama. The buying nobody was down to Poch, he rejected some great choices for the CM, most notably Tielemans. He would've been perfect for that midfield, but yeah we can't blame anything on Poch, has to be Levy.

Dier and Wanyama? Christ on a bike mate, you can't be serious.

Wanyama was hobbling around after the semi-final like a kneecapping victim - his knees were utterly shot, and people knew that as early as the summer of 2018 (at which point he'd already been struggling for over a year).

Dier....

...Dier.

No, we didn't have options. Actually, you know what, Levy would probably argue that we did - we had options even more terrible than Sissoko and Winks, and that is a great success of ENIC's ownership and transfer business, so we shouldn't complain. Sounds like something he'd plausibly try, anyway.

No, I mean a better training ground.

People like to boast about ENIC directing the club's own revenues into infrastructure as some investment on their part ('they spent 1b on a stadium and 40m on a training ground!').

It's utterly wrong, because they spent nothing - the club did. But by that yardstick, Spurs spent 40m on the new training ground.

Leicester spent 100m on theirs. Fairly certain their complex covers a larger area with more specialized buildings than ours, as well.
It’s not a better training ground
How are getting that measure?
I mean I’ve heard no one say it other than you so far
Care to give some reason and examples as I’m interested
I know it suits your narrative and I work in property and construction. When ours was built I heard from many neutral sources that it’s the best in world (like the stadium)
I’ve heard Leicester’s is great... not that it’s best in world class
But your saying we don’t invest enough and then actually criticising an investment in making the team better
I agree enic aren’t investing their money.. they won’t do that
I also agree a new owner found be great.. but who is spending £1.5b on a club in the current climate that panics when it reaches finals and has a fan base like ours

I know it suits your narrative and I work in property and construction. When ours was built I heard from many neutral sources that it’s the best in world (like the stadium)
But your saying we don’t invest enough and then actually criticising an investment in making the team better
I also agree a new owner found be great.. but who is spending £1.5b on a club in the current climate that panics when it reaches finals and has a fan base like ours

I am not sure the training ground makes the team better, seen no proof of that at all.

Dier and Wanyama? Christ on a bike mate, you can't be serious.

Wanyama was hobbling around after the semi-final like a kneecapping victim - his knees were utterly shot, and people knew that as early as the summer of 2018 (at which point he'd already been struggling for over a year).

Dier....

...Dier.

No, we didn't have options. Actually, you know what, Levy would probably argue that we did - we had options even more terrible than Sissoko and Winks, and that is a great success of ENIC's ownership and transfer business, so we shouldn't complain. Sounds like something he'd plausibly try, anyway.
Yeah and you ignore the fact that it was Poch that turned down a top quality CM that would've improved the area most needing strengthening at that time and improve options.
Dier was actually playing decently as DCM at that stage. It had worked really well with him there and dropping into a back three, but again Poch made the decision to abandon that.

Fairly simple mate. It cost double what ours did, is larger than ours, has more specialized buildings than ours.

People boast about the club spending money on infrastructure and use it as an excuse as to why the club don't spend on players - well, Leicester spent more than us on that training ground, and also found the time to spend on players and win the Premier League and FA Cup.

A new owner would indeed be great - there we agree. Time to start looking, and time to start having that conversation so the media picks up the discontent at ENIC and their uselessness. Things will follow from there - in Arsenal's case, it actually resulted in a concrete ownership bid for the club. We'll see where it goes.

Fairly simple mate. It cost double what ours did, is larger than ours, has more specialized buildings than ours.

People boast about the club spending money on infrastructure and use it as an excuse as to why the club don't spend on players - well, Leicester spent more than us on that training ground, and also found the time to spend on players and win the Premier League and FA Cup.

A new owner would indeed be great - there we agree. Time to start looking, and time to start having that conversation so the media picks up the discontent at ENIC and their uselessness. Things will follow from there - in Arsenal's case, it actually resulted in a concrete ownership bid for the club. We'll see where it goes.
It didn’t cost double. Ours has about £85m so far
I know the people who built ours and ours now would cost about £120m
I’ll do some digging to see who built there’s
My business partners son plays for Leicester youth and is using it this summer so I’ll see if I can get there for a game
The training ground was after they won the league
Remember who they beat to win the League?

Last edited:
Wouldn't a fairer reflection to be to compare how many semi finals/finals we've been in over a period compared to x team.

Not debating the point that we should have won more, but it's not like we haven't had the opportunities. Can't really blame the chairman for that surely?

Of course they can and will, they forget about the times when the players left their balls back in the dressing room in the important games.

Back