• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

It didn’t cost double. Ours has about £85m so far
I know the people who built ours and ours now would cost about £120m
I’ll do some digging to see who built there’s
My business partners son plays for Leicester youth and is using it this summer so I’ll see if I can get there for a game
The training ground was after they won the league
Remember who they beat to win the League?

Where are you getting the 85m figure from mate? Interested to read it if it's available.

News reports have generally stuck to 45m as the sticker cost for the training ground...
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../how-liverpools-new-training-complex-12653082

...and the training ground was actually capitalized at 27.5m (and was apparently quoted as costing just 30m) at its opening in the accounts...

https://medium.com/@CharlesRichards...-through-the-stadium-construction-e09d67760ac

https://medium.com/@CharlesRichards...borrowing-more-revenue-more-nike-c42bbd42c2d1

Missing from the financial statement were two things: a specific mention of naming rights, and any suggestion that Tavistock Group (Joe Lewis’s group which ultimately owns Spurs) has put any more money in beyond the previously announced £50m contingency fund.

You can look in the financials it was converted into equity as per ffp.
That mentions a contingency fund
That would have been for the build

Where are you getting the 85m figure from mate? Interested to read it if it's available.

News reports have generally stuck to 45m as the sticker cost for the training ground...
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../how-liverpools-new-training-complex-12653082

...and the training ground was actually capitalized at 27.5m (and was apparently quoted as costing just 30m) at its opening in the accounts...

https://medium.com/@CharlesRichards...-through-the-stadium-construction-e09d67760ac
The guys I know who built it
Your looking at a one odd build cost. Not the actual costs including land and other things added
I know the guys that built it
I had the plans on my desk before it was built from a company called Halsall electrical who were pricing the m&e
It’s what I do for a living hence why it’s something I actually know about
And Leicester’s infludes the cost of buying the golf course too
I’ll message some lads at McLaren who built it as they built ours ... and their the guys who told me ours was the best in the world
What you have you remember is building costs in the UK have increased massively since we built ours too. Hence some of the extra cost on the ground

The guys I know who built it
Your looking at a one odd build cost. Not the actual costs including land and other things added
I know the guys that built it
I had the plans on my desk before it was built from a company called Halsall electrical who were pricing the m&e
It’s what I do for a living hence why it’s something I actually know about
And Leicester’s infludes the cost of buying the golf course too
I’ll message some lads at McLaren who built it as they built ours ... and their the guys who told me ours was the best in the world
What you have you remember is building costs in the UK have increased massively since we built ours too. Hence some of the extra cost on the ground

Well, I'll take your word for it, but you then have to factor in the actual costs for the new Seagrave facility for Leicester too. Like with us, 100m is just the sticker cost reported by the media - I assume it costs more than that, if I follow you correctly.

Well, I'll take your word for it, but you then have to factor in the actual costs for the new Seagrave facility for Leicester too. Like with us, 100m is just the sticker cost reported by the media - I assume it costs more than that, if I follow you correctly.
No the £100m is a round figure including all costs
I heard it cost about £96m about 3 months ago on LinkedIn
Ours cost more because we have added more to the original build
And our figures didn’t include land cost as it wasn’t one transaction
As i say it’s the same guys who built it and I know a few of the directors there from my time at Tesco
But it’s a training ground at the end of the day and in the wrong hands it’s just grass and bricks
What we do know is both clubs have invested heavily in their training grounds. We haven’t sold many players which has hurt us, where as they have. Sensible selling is the key to their success.

Leicester have just bought and sold consistently well over a period of say 5+ years and have a decent manager.

Its not some black magic and doesnt need to cost a £bn.

When was the last time we signed a little known player who ended up being a first choice player like Vardy, Ndidi etc or even just got a Tielemans etc for a decent price?

We were in a domestic final this season, we were in the biggest final of cpub football not so long ago and been in others + semi's too - different results on the pitch in those games and suddenly the owners look better. I wonder if Liecesters squad this season is seen as deeper than what ours has been in those instances where we have fallen short? Or have they just managed the game better?

We were in a domestic final this season, we were in the biggest final of cpub football not so long ago and been in others + semi's too - different results on the pitch in those games and suddenly the owners look better. I wonder if Liecesters squad this season is seen as deeper than what ours has been in those instances where we have fallen short? Or have they just managed the game better?
They have managed their injuries brilliantly
They were awful in Europe and played less games but they have had every player in their team out at least once for a period
Two of their best players are out currently in Barnes and James Justin who have both been outstanding this season
But.... pool and Chelsea will pop them to the CL IMO

No that would have been just in case money
Contingency funds sit in the client risk pot
To be drawn down as abs when required
And then included in the core contract

Yes and we needed it as the stadium overran. We even had to borrow more. It was converted into equity as per premier league ffp rules.

Sold really well
Brought well
But the key was selling their best players on paper for silly money to Chelsea

Drinkwater. Free money.

I actually think Poch should get more heat for transfers that occurred. The whingers seemed to be retrospectively fixated on Levy and our transfers over the Poch era. But we had some excellent transfers under Levy pre-Poch, and we know Poch passed up Tielmans. During Poch's time here, fans were questioning his transfers. I mean he didn't have to green light Sissoko. The Manager of the day has final say. Levy won't be buying players the manager doesn't want - as was the case with Tielmans.

Wasn't their owner blown up in a helicopter?

Had we got luckier and won the CL final or the Rumbelows cup the other day, would you be shallow enough to be praising the owners?

Leicesters wages to turnover ratio was 84% up to june las year. Guess it's over 100% this season with no fans. It's a hell of a gamble.

They miss out on ccl they have to sell. We saw what happened last time.

Leicesters wages to turnover ratio was 84% up to june las year. Guess it's over 400% this season with no fans. It's a hell of a gamble.

They miss out on ccl they have to sell. We saw what happened last time.

(Helicopter crashes often seem suspicious. It's too easy to tamper with them while they are in a parking lot. Rare for modern machinery to fall out the sky so who knows what really happened there).

Leicester are basically using the Levy model. Doing what he did well 15 years ago - buying the most promising talent, selling them on at a profit and reinvesting in the next wave. It doesn't always work. And as the club matures, it has to try a slightly different tack and hang onto the core of the team. But I do think Levy would have been buying quite a few of the signings Leicester snagged if he'd had a manager who'd have let the club follow such a model (and if we'd had more cash during the build). Poch wanted control but he wasn't shrewd in the market.

(Helicopter crashes often seem suspicious. It's too easy to tamper with them while they are in a parking lot. Rare for modern machinery to fall out the sky so who knows what really happened there).

Leicester are basically using the Levy model. Doing what he did well 15 years ago - buying the most promising talent, selling them on at a profit and reinvesting in the next wave. It doesn't always work. And as the club matures, it has to try a slightly different tack and hang onto the core of the team. But I do think Levy would have been buying quite a few of the signings Leicester snagged if he'd had a manager who'd have let the club follow such a model (and if we'd had more cash during the build). Poch wanted control but he wasn't shrewd in the market.
Leicester are brilliant at doing what they do
They lost Steve Walsh as DOF to Everton and the new guy they have came from Celtic I believe
What they have as an advantage over bigger clubs is no expectation. It means less pressure and arguably more scope for risk
The super Turk couldn’t get in their team when signed so spent a season in the stiffs. They sell Maguire and have arguably a better ready made player. That’s not luck, that’s planning and development

Back