• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Leicester are brilliant at doing what they do
They lost Steve Walsh as DOF to Everton and the new guy they have came from Celtic I believe
What they have as an advantage over bigger clubs is no expectation. It means less pressure and arguably more scope for risk
The super Turk couldn’t get in their team when signed so spent a season in the stiffs. They sell Maguire and have arguably a better ready made player. That’s not luck, that’s planning and development

Exactly. Our fans don't notice when Leicester finish midtable. All sides will have hits and misses. At the moment, maybe due to Covid and our troubles, there is a perception that others get it right while we don't. Actually, over the 20 odd years of ENIC we've got it right more than the rest. And Leicester are essentially using the model that Levy ran so successfully to elevate us. There was a period when all teams without tonnes of money looked up to Levy as creating the blueprint for how to run a club.

We need to get back to that model and buy the best up-and-coming players.

Exactly. Our fans don't notice Leicester finish midtable. All sides will have hits and misses. At the moment, maybe due to Covid and our troubles, there is a perception that others get it right while we don't. Actually, over the 20 odd years of ENIC we've got it right more than the rest. And Leicester are essentially using the model that Levy ran so successfully to elevate us. There was a period when all teams without tonnes of money looked up to Levy as creating the blueprint for how to run a club.

We need to get back to that model and buy the best up-and-coming players.
We also need a coach
Someone who will coach the players to play in a set number of ways so they can adapt
And also get them fit
That would make a big difference
And if that person can add confidence and belief then it’s a winner

They have subsidized the club - owners have put in about 375m in the past decade, iirc.

Which is...roughly 15 times what ENIC have put in in twenty years.

These c*nts need to go, mate. Simple as. Nothing will change, until they go.
15 times? ENIC have put in a grand total of zero mate.

Yep
As I say most clubs are

Some of the clubs like villa are in a catch 22. They're losing money but if they drop down in the championship, they'll be punished for failing ffp last time they were in it. So they have to keep spending otherwise they face oblivion. They were almost bust when their new owners took over.

At some point the owners will have enough of putting money in and will look to sell. If no buyer they'll let the club go bust. Bordeaux is the most recent the other week.

Yeah and you ignore the fact that it was Poch that turned down a top quality CM that would've improved the area most needing strengthening at that time and improve options.
Dier was actually playing decently as DCM at that stage. It had worked really well with him there and dropping into a back three, but again Poch made the decision to abandon that.
How do we know Poch turned down Tielemens by the way?

We also need a coach
Someone who will coach the players to play in a set number of ways so they can adapt
And also get them fit
That would make a big difference
And if that person can add confidence and belief then it’s a winner

Make it sound so simple! But I agree. I hope Potter or Rodgers get the job because they will essentially do this.

Of course, it isn't so simple as buying up-and-coming players, we need to make established signings too. TenHag made an interesting point about the Ajax team he took over. They lacked experienced fit and hungry players. The 28 year old types who have the experience and leadership but are still physically strong. 100m on LeCelco and Ndombele doesn't seem like good business now, and it probably cost Poch his job as we were crying out for a new midfield and between fitness issues and settling in, we didn't get 100m of talent. You could argue that Hojgjerg at 15m has done more to rectify the midfield issues.

Under Rogers say, I could see both LeCelo and Ndombele coming good.

Some of the clubs like villa are in a catch 22. They're losing money but if they drop down in the championship, they'll be punished for failing ffp last time they were in it. So they have to keep spending otherwise they face oblivion. They were almost bust when their new owners took over.

At some point the owners will have enough of putting money in and will look to sell. If no buyer they'll let the club go bust. Bordeaux is the most recent the other week.

Or the previous Chinese champions. The owners pulled the plug and shut the club down! Few owners will put in millions year in and out ad infinitum.

It was reported in several places
And also was one of the players both Robbie Keane and Glenn Hoddle mentioned he didn’t want
I’m not convinced Poch knew a good player when he saw them. What he did know was how to coach players.

The Argentine was genuinely sceptical of new signings and more than once turned down players offered to him by the club, including Marco Asensio and Youri Tielemans.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...-transfer-window-signings-rated-a4564621.html

https://medium.com/@CharlesRichards...borrowing-more-revenue-more-nike-c42bbd42c2d1

Missing from the financial statement were two things: a specific mention of naming rights, and any suggestion that Tavistock Group (Joe Lewis’s group which ultimately owns Spurs) has put any more money in beyond the previously announced £50m contingency fund.

You can look in the financials it was converted into equity as per ffp.
Taken it back out since though hasn’t he?....

The guys I know who built it
Your looking at a one odd build cost. Not the actual costs including land and other things added
I know the guys that built it
I had the plans on my desk before it was built from a company called Halsall electrical who were pricing the m&e
It’s what I do for a living hence why it’s something I actually know about
And Leicester’s infludes the cost of buying the golf course too
I’ll message some lads at McLaren who built it as they built ours ... and their the guys who told me ours was the best in the world
What you have you remember is building costs in the UK have increased massively since we built ours too. Hence some of the extra cost on the ground
Would be weird for us to capitalise it at far less than it cost us to build it wouldn’t it? I don’t get why we would do that?

It didn’t cost double. Ours has about £85m so far
I know the people who built ours and ours now would cost about £120m
I’ll do some digging to see who built there’s
My business partners son plays for Leicester youth and is using it this summer so I’ll see if I can get there for a game
The training ground was after they won the league
Remember who they beat to win the League?

Arsenal, they beat arsenal to win the league. Arsenal were top of the league before Leicester went top.

Back