• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I think they’ve calculated that being in at least Europe gives us the illusion of being a top club, just about to take the next step. Which is why they’d never want us to fall too far, have a season or two finishing bottom half. So being in at least the Europa seems to have boosted our profile, we’ve got more members, and I kind of get the logic of it.

But from a slightly different angle to you, it does feel like we are playing at being a really big club. Because to genuinely be one, we have to show that we actually want to win things.
The club wants to win things
It adds value to the club levy wants to win things, it makes his 34% worth more
What I’ve seen many times is actually players not turning up for those games
But it doesn’t take away the fact that we have by won enough
Maybe that period where we threw the lesser cups wasn’t helpful

Wouldn't a fairer reflection to be to compare how many semi finals/finals we've been in over a period compared to x team.

Not debating the point that we should have won more, but it's not like we haven't had the opportunities. Can't really blame the chairman for that surely?

Look at the last two finals we were in for an example of where the chairman is responsible for something,in part.

80th minute of the CC final, free kick, Laporte heads in after Moussa Sissoko loses him at a corner.

1st minute of the CL final, Mane crosses, Moussa Sissoko concedes a penalty after pointing in the box.

Moussa Sissoko was a deadline-day panic buy in 2016 after we had cheaped out of a deal for Wijnaldum, who was our original first-choice. He was never good enough for us from day 1, and he definitely isn't now.

Yet, he is still in our squad, five years on from when we panic-bought him after cheaping out on the manager's first choice.

Yes, the chairman is responsible in part for our losses in finals, because the mentality of buying second-choices, bargain-bins and cheaping out on the players the manager wants creates its own outcomes - of settling for second-best, settling for 'good enough'. Which is an absolute antithesis to wanting to win football games and trophies, to be the best.

Poch said it far better than I ever could - this club has not been focused on winning trophies for a very long time. ENIC are at the core of that.

Look at the last two finals we were in for an example of where the chairman is responsible for something,in part.

80th minute of the CC final, free kick, Laporte heads in after Moussa Sissoko loses him at a corner.

1st minute of the CL final, Mane crosses, Moussa Sissoko concedes a pelanty after pointing in the box.

Moussa Sissoko was a deadline-day panic buy in 2016 after we had cheaped out of a deal for Wijnaldum, who was our original first-choice. He was never good enough for us from day 1, and he definitely isn't now.

Yet, he is still in our squad, five years on from when we panic-bought him after cheaping out on the manager's first choice.

Yes, the chairman is responsible in part for our losses in finals, because the meteorology of buying second-choices, bargain-bins and cheaping out on the players the manager wants creates its own outcomes - of settling for second-best, settling for 'good enough'. Which is an absolute antithesis to wanting to win football games and trophies, to be the best.

Poch said it far better than I ever could - this club has not been focused on winning trophies for a very long time. ENIC are at the core of that.
Look at the guy who scored the winner today
Offered to the manager by the chairman... turned down by the manager
It happens

1st minute of the CL final, Mane crosses, Moussa Sissoko concedes a pelanty after pointing in the box.

Yes, the chairman is responsible in part for our losses in finals, because the meteorology of buying second-choices, bargain-bins and cheaping out on the players the manager wants creates its own outcomes - of settling for second-best, settling for 'good enough'. Which is an absolute antithesis to wanting to win football games and trophies, to be the best.

There were other options than playing Sissoko, unless Levy picked the team him starting was on the manager

The club wants to win things
It adds value to the club levy wants to win things, it makes his 34% worth more
What I’ve seen many times is actually players not turning up for those games
But it doesn’t take away the fact that we have by won enough
Maybe that period where we threw the lesser cups wasn’t helpful

Genuine question: how much more valuable do you think Spurs is if we win one PL? How many PL’s would we need to win to increase the value significantly beyond that?

And how much do you think we would need to invest to achieve that value?

The point I am making is, I’m not convinced the next step is worth it to ENIC. They’d be eating into the profits they will have hoped to realise from the good work they have already done, and I think it’s too much of a risk for an uncertain outcome. It’s a business venture for them, and while I think Levy truly would love us to be successful, and I think he is a good man, I don’t think he would do whatever it takes for us to get there, because it would come into conflict with the ENIC investment strategy.

Genuine question: how much more valuable do you think Spurs is if we win one PL? How many PL’s would we need to win to increase the value significantly beyond that?

And how much do you think we would need to invest to achieve that value?

The point I am making is, I’m not convinced the next step is worth it to ENIC. They’d be eating into the profits they will have hoped to realise from the good work they have already done, and I think it’s too much of a risk for an uncertain outcome. It’s a business venture for them, and while I think Levy truly would love us to be successful, and I think he is a good man, I don’t think he would do whatever it takes for us to get there, because it would come into conflict with the ENIC investment strategy.
Not winning and out current problems have knocked about £200m off our value I think
We need stability to be more of a sure bet for value IMO
But there still up by about 10000%
Leicester have improved by having a plan
Selling well
And spending well
Their bet spend ain’t high
Their board haven’t subsidied the club
They have just dealt with transfer so well

Then if we're going to have a go at him for players that shouldn't be playing but are, then we have to congratulate him for players that we do have that maybe are too good for us.

Surely a squad that's good enough to get to all those semi-finals and finals should be able to get one over the line.

My general point being that yeah Aston Villa may win the cup next season and we'd all be crying. But in the last 10 years how many chances have we had to win a cup and how many have they had? I don't understand how not turning up for one off games is the chairman's fault, that's down to the players and management in that 90 minute period

Then if we're going to have a go at him for players that shouldn't be playing but are, then we have to congratulate him for players that we do have that maybe are too good for us.

Surely a squad that's good enough to get to all those semi-finals and finals should be able to get one over the line.

My general point being that yeah Aston Villa may win the cup next season and we'd all be crying. But in the last 10 years how many chances have we had to win a cup and how many have they had? I don't understand how not turning up for one off games is the chairman's fault, that's down to the players and management in that 90 minute period
Your forgetting the Spurs factor
We have way way way too much of a history of players crumbling under pressure
It’s why I think Eriksen said it’s easier to win at inter
It’s mind set thing that sits over the club like a cloud
Our fans strive and thrive in negativity and it’s carried on, on the pitch
Imagine if we had half the belief of pool and their fans

I like Levy, but if people dont like him, then they could always organise a buy-out of the club!

Find, say, 100,000 Spurs fans who can chip in £15k each. Raise a bit of debt, and hey presto, it works.

I'm used to acquiring companies and raising finance - happy to offer my services for free!

We'd all be happy if someone came in cleared the debt, spent more on players and we won some trophies. But i don't see anyone coming in to buy us. Especially with fans protesting that might put off sponsors.

So looking forward to another 400 pages of this thread.

There were other options than playing Sissoko, unless Levy picked the team him starting was on the manager

No there weren't. Our midfield four for that CC final were Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Sissoko and Winks. And Ndombele was apparently injured and in bad form, as per Mason. So, Hojbjerg, Sissoko and Winks. Mason tried to compensate by playing Lo Celso, an attacking midfielder, next to Hojbjerg, but eventually he had to come off - and who were the only subs available?

Sissoko. And Winks.

For the CL final, it was even worse - Sissoko and Winks were literally our only options. We had spent 18 months buying nobody in the greatest dereliction of duty by an excuse for a chairman in living memory, with an incredibly stale and tired squad - and then even sold Dembele in January without buying a replacement, further weakening our central midfield.

Sissoko and Winks were all we had.

So, no, there were no options. And that is on Levy. I haven't even gotten to his reluctance to take a loss on underperforming players because of his stupid reputation as a 'keen negotiator', which he is apparently willing to feed even if it means weakening the team by holding on to utter sh*te because no one will pay what he wants for 'em.

All those finals? We've made three in the last decade, with vastly different squads.

Do you want to know how many finals Aston Villa have made?

Three. CC finals, 2010 and 2020. FA Cup final, 2015.

So even there, Levy is about on par with the five different owners Villa have had during that time. Wow, what a great chairman.

Their bet spend ain’t high
Their board haven’t subsidied the club
They have just dealt with transfer so well

They have subsidized the club - owners have put in about 375m in the past decade, iirc.

Which is...roughly 15 times what ENIC have put in in twenty years.

These c*nts need to go, mate. Simple as. Nothing will change, until they go.

They have subsidized the club - owners have put in about 375m in the past decade, iirc.

They had to subsidise their investment as it would be bust
The club doenst make enough money to survive in the top division does it
But they also went bust not that long ago
And I’m fine for enic to go
Just don’t think anyone is buying us anytime soon

They had to subsidise their investment as it would be bust
The club doenst make enough money to survive in the top division does it
But they also went bust not that long ago
And I’m fine for enic to go
Just don’t think anyone is buying us anytime soon

Any club in the PL makes enough money to both survive in the PL and thrive in it, mate - that's not an issue. Burnley are an example of that. They don't even need their small crowds to survive in the Prem.

What Leicester's owners have done instead is, with an average of roughly 37.5m per year in owner investment, catapult them into the top echelons of the English game, winning a league title and an FA Cup in ten years of ownership. And remember, when they took over, they were in the damn Championship.

From the Championship, to above us, with more modern trophies and a better training ground, in half the time our doddering, disinterested tax dodger sitting in the Bahamas and his penny-pinching sidekick have been at the helm.

Lewis put in £50m the other year to help pay for the stadium.

Any club in the PL makes enough money to both survive in the PL and thrive in it, mate - that's not an issue. Burnley are an example of that. They don't even need their small crowds to survive in the Prem.

What Leicester's owners have done instead is, with an average of roughly 37.5m per year in owner investment, catapult them into the top echelons of the English game, winning a league title and an FA Cup in ten years of ownership. And remember, when they took over, they were in the damn Championship.

From the Championship, to above us, with more modern trophies and a better training ground, in half the time our doddering, disinterested tax dodger sitting in the Bahamas and his penny-pinching sidekick have been at the helm.
They don’t make enough to pay their wages after costs
Most sides don’t
Better training ground???
Think you mean a newer one

Back