• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Legacy fan ain't i.

According to the club, yeah.

Still f*cking incredible to me that the club saw fit to join that bandwagon given the demographics of folks who actually go to games on a consistent basis - it isn't overseas fans doing that, and I say that as an overseas fan myself.

Folks who spend thousands every year travelling across Europe to support the club being dismissed as 'legacy fans'. Christ, the cheek of it.

According to the club, yeah.

Still f*cking incredible to me that the club saw fit to join that bandwagon given the demographics of folks who actually go to games on a consistent basis - it isn't overseas fans doing that, and I say that as an overseas fan myself.

Folks who spend thousands every year travelling across Europe to support the club being dismissed as 'legacy fans'. Christ, the cheek of it.
Unfortunately those of us who do that will always do that and aren’t a growth market
So clubs take it for granted

I think Aston Villa will be the next non top 5 club to win a trophy before we do.

But I bet they'll never win CEO of the Year or get the Best Balance Sheet (tm), so we'll always be able to console ourselves with that for the next 20 near-trophyless years. Hooray, best chairman ever!!!

Unfortunately those of us who do that will always do that and aren’t a growth market
So clubs take it for granted

They shouldn't. Clubs are preying on the fact that you, and fans more broadly, are inelastic consumers - isn't right in general, but especially stupid in light of the greater reliance of THFC on 'legacy' fans spending money in the stadium.

60,000 Son fans won't come to see Spurs v Burnley or Spurs v Ludogorets in the Europa Conference League on a Thursday night.

They shouldn't. Clubs are preying on the fact that you, and fans more broadly, are inelastic consumers - isn't right in general, but especially stupid in light of the greater reliance of THFC on 'legacy' fans spending money in the stadium.

60,000 Son fans won't come to see Spurs v Burnley or Spurs v Ludogorets in the Europa Conference League on a Thursday night.
TBF
The level fo Europe we may end up best season will show how attractive the fans find it
If we’re in the conference which is most likely now ... we should play at Stevenage

Wouldn't a fairer reflection to be to compare how many semi finals/finals we've been in over a period compared to x team.

Not debating the point that we should have won more, but it's not like we haven't had the opportunities. Can't really blame the chairman for that surely?

Wouldn't a fairer reflection to be to compare how many semi finals/finals we've been in over a period compared to x team.

Not debating the point that we should have won more, but it's not like we haven't had the opportunities. Can't really blame the chairman for that surely?
But big games are won by big sides in theory
We have had bad luck in playing better sides in the semis
But we also have been spineless in those game

TBF
The level fo Europe we may end up best season will show how attractive the fans find it
If we’re in the conference which is most likely now ... we should play at Stevenage

Yeah, fair.

The other thing ENIC don't seem to understand is that, to replace 'legacy fans' with new fans, you need to have success. Like it or not, that's how a lot of new fans are formed - seeing successful teams as a kid.

They're penny-pinching charlatans playing at being a superclub, and they don't think success is necessary for that - just a big stadium that gets filled even if we're playing FC Radzavan Gorotruck from Lithuania.

Doesn't work that way, as they will find out if we end up in that damn Conference League next year.

Yeah, fair.

The other thing ENIC don't seem to understand is that, to replace 'legacy fans' with new fans, you need to have success. Like it or not, that's how a lot of new fans are formed - seeing successful teams as a kid.

They're penny-pinching charlatans playing at being a superclub, and they don't think success is necessary for that - just a big stadium that gets filled even if we're playing FC Radzavan Gorotruck from Lithuania.

Doesn't work that way, as they will find out if we end up in that damn Conference League next year.

It will be toxic for those games

But still, Leicester signed Ndidi who is Kante Mk II for about £30+ less than they sold Kante for

Oh yeah totally agree mate. Frankly the only conclusion I can come to is that it is the chairman. We have had numerous reports from people who have worked at the club over the years that he holds up transfers or goes for the cheaper option.

The are only so many times you can make excuses for him without being some sort of fanatic.

Always thought the leaving it to the last hours of deadline day was small time, like chavs sale shopping on boxing day looking for a bargain.

A very fair point. We all know how we have performed on most of those occasions.

Yeah, fair.

I think they’ve calculated that being in at least Europe gives us the illusion of being a top club, just about to take the next step. Which is why they’d never want us to fall too far, have a season or two finishing bottom half. So being in at least the Europa seems to have boosted our profile, we’ve got more members, and I kind of get the logic of it.

But from a slightly different angle to you, it does feel like we are playing at being a really big club. Because to genuinely be one, we have to show that we actually want to win things.

Yeah, fair.

If I lived in London and I have not for 30 years maybe just maybe I would go for a £10 game to see our youth players. But can not see fans travelling into London on cold wet nights to watch cack matches.

Back