• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Cases slightly up today 27,734. Deaths 91.

Hospital admissions were 825 which is down slightly.

Last edited:
Cases slightly up today 27,734. Deaths 91.

Hospital admissions were 825 which is down slightly.
Down massively on last Wednesday though and hugely down on last 7 days total (36%)
Deaths have 36 Scottish deaths which happened over 18 months ago added in too
Sky News had a big breaking news banner saying cases were up from yesterday, cretins

Don't be a dingdong. I've listed plenty of reasons that could cause a drop off in cases and could potentially lead to a rise. Including weather, the euros, schools holidays (i only metioned the weekend in my post), eid...
Kids with symptoms close contact can get a pcr/lateral flow test now. School holidays don't effect that.
I'm not. I haven't read your previous posts, I was replying to Marky initially. From your initial reply, it didn't imply you gave any credence to the schools theory whatsoever, but now you appear to?.

Most kids tests would be carried out 'for school' ie demanded by the school to be fit to attend.

I'm not. I haven't read your previous posts, I was replying to Marky initially. From your initial reply, it didn't imply you gave any credence to the schools theory whatsoever, but now you appear to?.

Most kids tests would be carried out 'for school' ie demanded by the school to be fit to attend.

Yes but i was unaware that the tests were done on the weekend. There will be many things that will effect the numbers. In scotland it's been school holidays since june, yet they are still seeing a fall in numbers.

The main questions that needs to be answered, are we reaching herd immunity or is it even possible? If the answer is yes to both then this pandemic will be coming to an end in the uk. Which is what we all should want. So yes i will be looking at each of the possible causes of a rise/fall in numbers. The media is so wrapped up in political bias either left or right that it is difficult to find the truth.

If you could rule out school holidays being the cause of the fall in numbers that would be great news. Or it should be. But i fear some people don't want it to be over. Would actually prefer to see numbers rise again.

Yes but i was unaware that the tests were done on the weekend. There will be many things that will effect the numbers. In scotland it's been school holidays since june, yet they are still seeing a fall in numbers.

The main questions that needs to be answered, are we reaching herd immunity or is it even possible? If the answer is yes to both then this pandemic will be coming to an end in the uk. Which is what we all should want. So yes i will be looking at each of the possible causes of a rise/fall in numbers. The media is so wrapped up in political bias either left or right that it is difficult to find the truth.

If you could rule out school holidays being the cause of the fall in numbers that would be great news. Or it should be. But i fear some people don't want it to be over. Would actually prefer to see numbers rise again.
That's why it's good to have a discussion on various points, harnessing different pov, to arrive at reasonable conclusions (even if they are a football forum conclusion:)). If anything, it's just an interesting chat, dissecting theories and data.

Everyone's goal is to reach the end of this? Surely?

The media and Twitter can largely do one.

(ps the 'pingdemic' was my other theory. If people are obeying what they are meant to do ie isolate, that would filter through in a reduction in cases)

That's why it's good to have a discussion on various points, harnessing different pov, to arrive at reasonable conclusions (even if they are a football forum conclusion:)). If anything, it's just an interesting chat, dissecting theories and data.

Everyone's goal is to reach the end of this? Surely?

The media and Twitter can largely do one.

(ps the 'pingdemic' was my other theory. If people are obeying what they are meant to do ie isolate, that would filter through in a reduction in cases)

We'll know more on friday when the ons release their surveillance testing figures for last week. A set number of tests of people at random.

The metro saying cases falling in all age groups. Fastest in 20-29 year olds.
https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/28/covi...-of-health-figures-15005177/?ito=newsnow-feed

Who in their right mind wants people to continue to be ill, and to see some die? Surely everyone wants this whole thing to be over?
Members of the scientific community and MSM who are loving being in the limelight
People who are profiting from the pandemic
So a lot of people don't want it to be over

Who in their right mind wants people to continue to be ill, and to see some die? Surely everyone wants this whole thing to be over?
I think it's more that people want to stay at home and be controlled/looked after by the govt.

There's plenty of people who don't like any kind of risk at all.

Daily cases up slightly again today. 31,117. 932 hospital admissions and 84 dead.

Weather and opening up may be pushing the numbers. Still looking far better than the 100,000 a day predicted.

Daily cases up slightly again today. 31,117. 932 hospital admissions and 84 dead.

Weather and opening up may be pushing the numbers. Still looking far better than the 100,000 a day predicted.

The Zoe app estimates the current daily rate at 60,000 new cases per day. Hard to know the true number.

Apparently over 700k people have been pinged on the track and trace app and told to self isolate. Thats last week.

The Zoe app estimates the current daily rate at 60,000 new cases per day. Hard to know the true number.

The zoe app had cases at 32k a day and falling just over a week ago. They were criticised by some scientists and the public as the data didn't match government studies. So they changed the methodology. Now the official numbers are coming down.

I posted the metro article earlier. That says the ons surveillance study (the gold standard of how much of the population is infected) showed a fall in cases the week ending july 24th. This would match the daily testing (by specimen date peaked on 15th july) and the symptom study (if they hadn't changed their methodology).

The ons should publish the full report tomorrow. They have their own testing and randomly test 150k+ a week. Problem with the ons figures is they are for the week leading up to the friday before. So the symptom tracker was very useful as it was more up to date and the numbers matched well (the ons would be about 20% higher as they picked up asymptomatic cases).

The government doesn't use daily testing to see how much of the population is infected, due to the amount of tests done can fluctuate, or they may target hotspots. The daily tests are used to tell if someone has the virus and for them to isolate. But they will give an idea of trends, although i would like them to publish the positivity rate.

The zoe app had cases at 32k a day and falling just over a week ago. They were criticised by some scientists and the public as the data didn't match government studies. So they changed the methodology. Now the official numbers are coming down.

I posted the metro article earlier. That says the ons surveillance study (the gold standard of how much of the population is infected) showed a fall in cases the week ending july 24th. This would match the daily testing (by specimen date peaked on 15th july) and the symptom study (if they hadn't changed their methodology).

The ons should publish the full report tomorrow. They have their own testing and randomly test 150k+ a week. Problem with the ons figures is they are for the week leading up to the friday before. So the symptom tracker was very useful as it was more up to date and the numbers matched well (the ons would be about 20% higher as they picked up asymptomatic cases).

The government doesn't use daily testing to see how much of the population is infected, due to the amount of tests done can fluctuate, or they may target hotspots. The daily tests are used to tell if someone has the virus and for them to isolate. But they will give an idea of trends, although i would like them to publish the positivity rate.

Seems to have been a significant drop in the level of testing.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ning-amid-drop-testing?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

As you say, it’s probably going to take a bit of time for things to really become clear. The current drop off in cases does seem similar to the shape of the earlier waves when seen on a graph, though.

Last edited:
Seems to have been a significant drop in the level of testing.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ning-amid-drop-testing?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

As you say, it’s probably going to take a bit of time for things to really become clear. The current drop off in cases does seem similar to the shape of the earlier waves when seen on a graph, though.

The ons studies will have nothing to do with the daily tests. The amount doesn't fluctuate, it is a set amount each week of people at random. Whether they have symptoms or not. All across the country. In order to judge how many people are currently infected and the r number. Think of it as like polling but more accurate.

The daily tests are to tell whether a person is infected and needs to isolate. These may fluctuate. But they will give an idea of trends.

See above the link i posted, it explains what the 4 testing pillars are and what they are used for.

Last edited:
Members of the scientific community and MSM who are loving being in the limelight
People who are profiting from the pandemic
So a lot of people don't want it to be over

Serious question but where are you sourcing your information? Is it GB News or the Daily Express for example? Can you advise who these members are that are enjoying this and want it to continue?

I don't think there's a single person in the world, especially the medical community, who think this is 'the limelight' or happy for it to continue. Certainly not the Doctors I know, not the Pharmacists nor my friend who works in the Pharma industry.

It's almost like you read someone tweet that and thought, "yeh, sounds good". Wild.

Back