• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I am not sure why people are going on about pings so much rather than what ping means. It means someone had the virus and you were near them. Most of us would like to know and then ensure we don't kill our grandma. It is the prevalence of the virus it symbolises and that either concerns you or it does not. The ping shouldn't be the news IMO

I am not sure why people are going on about pings so much rather than what ping means. It means someone had the virus and you were near them. Most of us would like to know and then ensure we don't kill our grandma. It is the prevalence of the virus it symbolises and that either concerns you or it does not. The ping shouldn't be the news IMO

When you have almost a million people isolating. The majority not infected. It's a problem.

If you are fully vaccinated and your grandma is fully vaccinated and you pass someone in the street with covid. The chances of you killing your grandma are millions to 1.

Covid is endemic now. We have to learn to live with it. Vaccines are supposed to bring us back to as close to normal as possible. This isn't it.

If you have symptoms, get a test. If you are positive, isolate.

When you have almost a million people isolating. The majority not infected. It's a problem.

If you are fully vaccinated and your grandma is fully vaccinated and you pass someone in the street with covid. The chances of you killing your grandma are millions to 1.

Covid is endemic now. We have to learn to live with it. Vaccines are supposed to bring us back to as close to normal as possible. This isn't it.

How is it endemic now? And Vaccines don't bring normality, prevalent immunity does and vaccines help that happen.

We will not eradicate it. There is scientific consensus on that.

No need to be pedantic, you knew what i meant.

No desire for pedantry, but the concept of endemic is scientific and works in parallel with herd immunity hence why I asked how you knew something that I believe not to have happened yet.

No desire for pedantry, but the concept of endemic is scientific and works in parallel with herd immunity hence why I asked how you knew something that I believe not to have happened yet.

It's basically happening now (in the uk) with pockets of unvaccinated (mostly children according to the ons report), becoming infected with some breakthrough cases.
The government is treating it so with the removal of restrictions.

They didn't necessarily catch it in hospital. They may have been asymptomatic or mild but went to hospital for other reasons.

That's incredible. Presumably some % of those will sadly die.
Absolute c**ts to let that happen imo.

I got covid within a few days of a hospital visit.

This is knock on effect and a bit catch 22.
It makes sense that you are more likely to get covid in a place where there is lots of covid.
It's highly transmissible, so even the tiniest opening leads to spread.
If this had been reported anytime over the past year, when fear was high and the vaccination was a pipe dream, it would have created hysteria as well as people avoiding hospital. Both of which would have increased spread in the population.
Remember the lack of confidence MRSA caused (still a confidence issue now) - it would be so much worse than that, especially as MRSA would be used as a reference point.

I got covid within a few days of a hospital visit.

This is knock on effect and a bit catch 22.
It makes sense that you are more likely to get covid in a place where there is lots of covid.
It's highly transmissible, so even the tiniest opening leads to spread.
If this had been reported anytime over the past year, when fear was high and the vaccination was a pipe dream, it would have created hysteria as well as people avoiding hospital. Both of which would have increased spread in the population.
Remember the lack of confidence MRSA caused (still a confidence issue now) - it would be so much worse than that, especially as MRSA would be used as a reference point.

I think you are completely right, however for hospitals to generate nearly a quarter of severe covid cases (compared to the *entire* country) is very bad.
I just wish there was the same concern and effort over this as there is over football matches etc., but not many political points in making hospitals safe.

He actually came out of that better than i thought he would. He seemed to think vaccines and that were bad.
Lunatic, corrupt and taking money aside.

Thing is, edl, anti vaxxers, blm and loads of other organisations are being funded and wound up by domestic and foreign powers. Especially the internet, the so called grey zone. The new cold war.

I'd have thought he was a traitor.
It might turn out that he is.

Last edited:

Maybe this will force those who are not vaccinated to then get up off their arses and trust the vaccine.

Trust issues?
And they are happy to eat biotech-tainted GM foods, steroided chlorinated chicken, take whatever drugs they can get their hands on (some not all of course : -) ) and GHod knows what else?
Madness.
I suppose it comes down to whether you trust the overall premise that most governments are not especially interested in killing people via such methods as vaccines.

It makes me laugh.
If theorists wanted to wander down tin-pan alley, they only need to look at how the education and financial systems are often manipulated by a few to suppress certain types of people and exclude most from getting any access to the full suite of tools for big wealth - thus the increasing gap between a minority of wealthy and a majority of hanging in at best plus a rapidly-growing underclass being turned in on each other.

People should get the vaccine, it is very simple. This is a public health meets society matter. I agree, we are living with this now, will be doing so for our lifetimes at least, and as such, the next macaron going on about their ‘freedom being compromised’ is missing a massive reality.

Last edited:
Back