• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Really need to put the daily amount of testing next to those figures and also calculate whether educational establishment testing coming to a halt last Friday has had an effect.?
Not too far down really
Let's be honest loads testing when they don't need to be leading to lots of false positives too

upload_2021-7-27_18-52-41.png

Not too far down really
Let's be honest loads testing when they don't need to be leading to lots of false positives too

View attachment 12342
You could argue though that testing of school kids was generally done when they had symptoms so more likely to test positive and now that area of testing has stopped?

The other thing that's hard to quantify is the bogus testing by the testee. People maybe wanting a (fake) positive test, off work etc (possibly hard to achieve,I know) and people wanting a test to be negative, school mums who don't want child to isolate for 10 days for example.

You could argue though that testing of school kids was generally done when they had symptoms so more likely to test positive and now that area of testing has stopped?

The other thing that's hard to quantify is the bogus testing by the testee. People maybe wanting a (fake) positive test, off work etc (possibly hard to achieve,I know) and people wanting a test to be negative, school mums who don't want child to isolate for 10 days for example.
Fake positives are apparently very easy to cause. There were a couple of schools where it was rife.

Here's a good graphic that caught my eye (from the FT).
E7UQKXmWEAoCDhc

Really need to put the daily amount of testing next to those figures and also calculate whether educational establishment testing coming to a halt last Friday has had an effect.?

It' on the dashboard.

We didn't test in schools on a weekend so a 40% drop from one weekend to the next has nothing to do with schools.

See my post above why it's not to do with schools. But school kids were tested without symptoms to appease both teacher unions and parents.

Doesn't seem beyond the pale for the government to make national pronouncements available to as many of the populace as possible.

Besides it's Boris, you only need one bit of BSL. Could've got Govey to do it.

4YBgh8.gif

Doesn't seem beyond the pale for the government to make national pronouncements available to as many of the populace as possible.

Besides it's Boris, you only need one bit of BSL. Could've got Govey to do it.

4YBgh8.gif

I get that. They probably should have had someone doing sign. But suing when you could easily just put subtitles on? Nah. For me it's becoming too armericanised. Suing for everything.

It addresses the subtitles thing at the end of the article. I don't often need the subs on, but if they're the automatic kind they can be fairly hit and miss.

I assume she's talking about those announcements where he told us it'd all gone to brick and we all needed to lock down, so fairly important to all of us to be aware.

As for suing, what would be the other options? Complain and be ignored/brushed off like usual?

It addresses the subtitles thing at the end of the article. I don't often need the subs on, but if they're the automatic kind they can be fairly hit and miss.

I assume she's talking about those announcements where he told us it'd all gone to brick and we all needed to lock down, so fairly important to all of us to be aware.

As for suing, what would be the other options? Complain and be ignored/brushed off like usual?

My bad, read the story in another article where it didn't mention the dyslexia.

It' on the dashboard.

We didn't test in schools on a weekend so a 40% drop from one weekend to the next has nothing to do with schools.
There are 8.9m kids in education in England, (not even inc Uni) them not being at school (uni and private kids have been off for 3 weeks already) is going to be feeding into the decline in number of tests and positive tests. Not saying its everything, that would be silly, just as saying its 'nothing' is.

There are 8.9m kids in education in England, (not even inc Uni) them not being at school (uni and private kids have been off for 3 weeks already) is going to be feeding into the decline in number of tests and positive tests. Not saying its everything, that would be silly, just as saying its 'nothing' is.

They got tested in school on weekends?

They got tested in school on weekends?
Dont think schools are open at weekends? Kids with symptoms/or close contact can PCR/lateral flow at the weekends.

Cases are obviously declining, so the discussion is why?

I could give you some other reasons why. Nice to know your thoughts. (so i can flippantly dismiss them:D)

Dont think schools are open at weekends? Kids with symptoms/or close contact can PCR/lateral flow at the weekends.

Cases are obviously declining, so the discussion is why?

I could give you some other reasons why. Nice to know your thoughts. (so i can flippantly dismiss them:D)

Don't be a dingdong. I've listed plenty of reasons that could cause a drop off in cases and could potentially lead to a rise. Including weather, the euros, schools holidays (i only metioned the weekend in my post), eid...
Kids with symptoms close contact can get a pcr/lateral flow test now. School holidays don't effect that.

Back