• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

What’s that then one person per hospital ?

(edited just checked it’s more or less two people per hospital). So one person who came in with it and another person who had the misfortune to be in the bed next door.

There will be hotspots. London will probably see the majority in the coming weeks due to vaccine hesitancy. But if they haven't booked a vaccine yet they are unlikely to ever do so.

Spain seeing a big uptick in cases. 43900 cases today. More than the 36660 in the uk. Smaller population too.

That's actually a record for spain.

Last edited:
As London transport goes it's nice, plenty of leg room, air conditioning, wifi, I'd rather park at the station and read on the train for half an hour than drive into Hoxton and pay £40 a day for parking.
I think I could live with it if it left from my driveway at a time of my choosing, stopped wherever I wanted, went faster to make up time when needed and dropped me off at my parking space. Oh, and didn't have other people on it.

So 2 weeks after going Green, the Balearics are going Amber again, utterly ridiculous
Why not just be honest and say look we don't want anybody going abroad this summer

Lockdown ends July 19th. Go on vacation in the U.K. the 23rd to the 26th then back into strict self imposed isolation for two weeks.

As Mum goes in for heart surgery (we are the support bubble) in august, finally got a date today - it has been pending since February.

I am much more worried about any further delay to that op than I am about contracting or the effects of covid.

Have got to tell my wife about this situation tomorrow, might leave it til lunchtime lol.

Lockdown ends July 19th. Go on vacation in the U.K. the 23rd to the 26th then back into strict self imposed isolation for two weeks.

As Mum goes in for heart surgery (we are the support bubble) in august, finally got a date today - it has been pending since February.

I am much more worried about any further delay to that op than I am about contracting or the effects of covid.

Have got to tell my wife about this situation tomorrow, might leave it til lunchtime lol.

All the best for your mum.

Netherlands are over a month behind us in the vaccinations, but had nightclubs etc... open for a while (26th june). France had also. The uk is actually behind a lot of countries in reopening.

Just looking at figures on Worldometer.

Genuine question: given our ‘world beating’ vaccine roll out, and if we are behind other countries in opening up, why are our infection and death rates so much higher than the rest of Europe? Is it all down to the Johnson variant?

Genuine question: given our ‘world beating’ vaccine roll out, and if we are behind other countries in opening up, why are our infection and death rates so much higher than the rest of Europe? Is it all down to the Johnson variant?

Current yes it will be the delta variant. 99.8% of our cases are now delta. The other european countries unfortunately will catch up. Just as with the uk variant.

you need to filter by cases per million.

Given that our infections are so high and our serious cases so low, it's hard to argue that the vaccine rollout is anything other than incredible.

Have you seen people's behavior?

Yes the variant is an issue, but UK's behavior is fudging ridiculous, no one wears a mask, social distancing isn't a thing, people basically do what the fudge they want. My neighbor has fudging visitors (different cars) every day and they have kids, and have done so right throughout all the lockdowns.

I can post a dozen videos of London "in lockdown" that boggle the fudging mind.

Have you seen people's behavior?

Yes the variant is an issue, but UK's behavior is fudging ridiculous, no one wears a mask, social distancing isn't a thing, people basically do what the fudge they want. My neighbor has fudging visitors (different cars) every day and they have kids, and have done so right throughout all the lockdowns.

I can post a dozen videos of London "in lockdown" that boggle the fudging mind.

Indeed. It’s what happens when you have someone in charge who hasn’t got the ability to lead, I suppose.

As Armando Iannuci said today, Johnson’s statement on Monday reminded him of Churchill’s great “It’s now a matter of personal responsibility if you fight them on the beaches” speech.

Very good news coming from the symptom tracker app.

It takes a few days for people to have symptoms. So we might see a bump from the euro final. But looking good. Especially that it's falling in london.

Back