• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

China has now administered 1.37 billion vaccines to its population. 9 million in one day yesterday.

Puts our vaccination programme into perspective.

China has now administered 1.37 billion vaccines to its population. 9 million in one day yesterday.

Puts our vaccination programme into perspective.
That’s crazy numbers in a day.

I had my first vaccine about 7 weeks ago and going for second Wednesday . All the second doses have been moved forward. Pop up centres for jabs are open to get one without appointment as well.

I think we are at a point where hesitancy is starting to show. If an over 18 wants the vaccine then it’s easy to do so. In my own Friends and work circle there’s quite a few people who are not having it. So numbers may have slowed for that reason.

Nadhim Zahawi on Marr now saying whilst government won't be saying you "must" wear a mask, the guidance will be you are "expected" to wear a mask in indoor spaces.
And something about the Dunkirk spirit.

'expected' is a bit more than they have been saying so far.

Mixed messaging as per usual.

Nadhim Zahawi on Marr now saying whilst government won't be saying you "must" wear a mask, the guidance will be you are "expected" to wear a mask in indoor spaces.
And something about the Dunkirk spirit.

'expected' is a bit more than they have been saying so far.

Mixed messaging as per usual.

I work part time in a shop. If the is no law then I will not be wearing it.

We have done everything we have been told to do. Socially distanced for 18 month, had both vaccines. Time to get on with normal life, the is risk attached to everything.

I work part time in a shop. If the is no law then I will not be wearing it.

We have done everything we have been told to do. Socially distanced for 18 month, had both vaccines. Time to get on with normal life, the is risk attached to everything.
It's more likely to become part of your work wear?
It would be a very bold company, especially in retail, that goes no mask.

It's more likely to become part of your work wear?
It would be a very bold company, especially in retail, that goes no mask.
Once the requirement to isolate for ages when showing symptoms goes away, I expect to see a few companies make that change.

It's the risk of losing staff for a week or two that forces compliance at the moment.

The next month is going to be interesting. The Netherlands have had to backtrack on the lifting of restrictions after cases rose by 574% in a week and their hospitals were overwhelmed. Their PM has apologised for making a “terrible mistake.”

The next month is going to be interesting. The Netherlands have had to backtrack on the lifting of restrictions after cases rose by 574% in a week and their hospitals were overwhelmed. Their PM has apologised for making a “terrible mistake.”

Netherlands are over a month behind us in the vaccinations, but had nightclubs etc... open for a while (26th june). France had also. The uk is actually behind a lot of countries in reopening.

Last edited:
Netherlands are over a month behind us in the vaccinations, but had nightclubs etc... open for a while (26th june). France had also. The uk is actually behind a lot of countries in reopening.

Both have much lower infection rates though.

israel have also had to backtrack on mask wearing. I believe they are above us on vaccination rates?

It’s a massive gamble by Johnson.

Both have much lower infection rates though.

israel have also had to backtrack on mask wearing. I believe they are above us on vaccination rates?

It’s a massive gamble by Johnson.

France lower, netherlands about the same per capita. France has more than double the patients in critical care than we do.

We have given more first doses than israel but they have slightly more people with both doses per capita. we've had more people being infected. Last month the ons tested and found 90% of the uk population had antibodies.

Israel's winter comes later than the uk with the weather warmer. They can afford to spread out the peak more. We want ours before winter and by the looks of things before schools go back. To minimise disruption.

Cases are no longer the important thing. Hospitalisations and deaths are. By hospitalisations i mean people staying in hospital for covid (which have hardly gone up). Not people going to a&e for something else and testing positive (40% of cases. 65% don't even spend a night in hospital). https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-variant-admitted-hospital-reasons-Covid.html

Last edited:
France lower, netherlands about the same per capita.

We have given more first doses than israel but they have slightly more people with both doses per capita. we've had more people being infected. Last month the ons tested and found 90% of the uk population had antibodies.

Israel's winter comes later than the uk with the weather warmer. They can afford to spread out the peak more. We want ours before winter and by the looks of things before schools go back. To minimise disruption.

Cases are no longer the important thing. Hospitalisations and deaths are. By hospitalisations i mean people staying in hospital for covid (which have hardly gone up). Not people going to a&e for something else and testing positive (40% of cases. 65% don't even spend a night in hospital). https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-variant-admitted-hospital-reasons-Covid.html

So they call going to a&e a hospitalisation ffs? People go to a&e to save a pound on a plaster and a splash of tcp these days.

So they call going to a&e a hospitalisation ffs? People go to a&e to save a pound on a plaster and a splash of tcp these days.

True. We do have 2731 people in hospital at the moment with covid (417 critical). But it is a long way off the almost 40,000 in jan/feb.

True. We do have 2731 people in hospital at the moment with covid (417 critical). But it is a long way off the almost 40,000 in jan/feb.

What’s that then one person per hospital ?

(edited just checked it’s more or less two people per hospital). So one person who came in with it and another person who had the misfortune to be in the bed next door.

Back