• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Update from Dr Campbell. Comes to the same conclusion i did yesterday. Looks like symptomatic case numbers are falling but asymptomatic are rising. Although again it takes a few days to develop symptoms.

The ons figures should be out tomorrow. Unfortunately they will only be up to the end of last week but should shed some more light on the situation. Although they don't continually monitor as the symptom tracker does. They just do a one off test. So a person might be asymptomatic when getting the test but symptomatic the next day.

I wish the media and the government would just tell us the facts. Yes the case numbers are going up which they told us would happen as more people started to mix again. But just tell us what percentage of people in hospital are unvaccinated. What percentage have only had one jab and what percentage have had the full dose. If the number is high then that’s a problem but that is not the case from what they report. The vaccine is doing its job and is keeping most vulnerable people out of hospital but you wouldn’t know that if you listen to BBC, ITV, Sky and most news outlets including social media. Just stop scaremongering and give us the facts.

I wish the media and the government would just tell us the facts. Yes the case numbers are going up which they told us would happen as more people started to mix again. But just tell us what percentage of people in hospital are unvaccinated. What percentage have only had one jab and what percentage have had the full dose. If the number is high then that’s a problem but that is not the case from what they report. The vaccine is doing its job and is keeping most vulnerable people out of hospital but you wouldn’t know that if you listen to BBC, ITV, Sky and most news outlets including social media. Just stop scaremongering and give us the facts.
The issue with % is they need to relate it to actual numbers of people in the population
They always choose the least effective way IMO to scare people

Not so much the government, but phe, the ons and others do give you the facts and Stats.

The media only report what they want though and how.

They have been pure cretinous scum since day one, as has a lot of the MSM
They have not helped at all as you say all they do is scaremonger

Some interesting language coming out of government over the last 24 hours. They are obviously spooked by the rapidly rising numbers, and by international condemnation. Witty also sounding worried.

As I said earlier in the week, massive u-turn incoming at some point.

Hopefully that will signal the end for Johnson. He is completely out of his depth - and with character traits which make him unfit to hold high office imo.

Some interesting language coming out of government over the last 24 hours. They are obviously spooked by the rapidly rising numbers, and by international condemnation. Witty also sounding worried.

As I said earlier in the week, massive u-turn incoming at some point.

Hopefully that will signal the end for Johnson. He is completely out of his depth - and with character traits which make him unfit to hold high office imo.

He's an absolute clown shoe and wouldn't mind seeing him in prison after this is all over. But he is popular and wins elections. He wont be going anywhere.

Whats the point of a vaccine if we are going to go into lockdown every 6 weeks? Think its about time we just let it do its thing. I would much rather risk my life and enjoy life then be stuck in and miserable for the foreseeable future. Anyone that thought this would just go away and there wouldn’t be deaths for many years to come because of it really need to give their heads a wobble.

Whats the point of a vaccine if we are going to go into lockdown every 6 weeks? Think its about time we just let it do its thing. I would much rather risk my life and enjoy life then be stuck in and miserable for the foreseeable future. Anyone that thought this would just go away and there wouldn’t be deaths for many years to come because of it really need to give their heads a wobble.

That seems the plan.

But he is popular and wins elections. He wont be going anywhere.

I’m not so sure.

He lost a seat in the Tory heartlands recently (Chesham and Amersham) and he’s soon going to find himself on the end of some extraordinary pressure from the CRG in his own party; hospitalisations will continue to rise and education will be disrupted into next year, and there is going to be extreme pressure for restrictions to be reimposed. He’ll dither as usual and end up making the wrong decision too late.

I think people are beginning to see through his bluster.

(Edit: Just came across this in today’s Guardian. There’s a vested interest in them holding this view, of course, but it makes some good points.)

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...is-johnsons-government?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Last edited:
Don’t see why anyone is surprised at the rising cases. Just had to look at country during the euros. Pubs, houses, fan zones were packed and people all getting together no social distancing.

The 19th what’s really changing ? Apart from nightlife and bigger weddings . The country’s pretty much open as normal.

Hopefully now the schools have broken up and the euros done might see it calm down a bit.

I’ve hesitantly taken a vaccine for what ? If we are going to continuously lock down . We need to know stats of who’s sick and who’s in hospital. Friend of mines a nurse and she said it’s young men who’ve not been vaccinated who are currently on their wards.

The international condemnation is laughable. Festivals going on in some country’s and bars and nightclubs open as well. The US has lifted pretty much all restriction on life. Nope it’s the UK who are going to kill the world.

US President Joe Biden has warned that the spread of Covid-19 misinformation on social media is "killing people".
He was responding to a question from a reporter about the alleged role of "platforms like Facebook" in spreading falsehoods about vaccines and the pandemic.
The White House has been increasing pressure on social media companies to tackle disinformation.
Facebook says it is taking "aggressive action" to protect public health.
"They're killing people," Mr Biden told reporters at the White House on Friday. "The only pandemic we have is among the unvaccinated."
US health officials have warned that the country's current spike in Covid-19 deaths and infections is exclusively hitting unvaccinated communities.

Well said.

This whole thing should have been about people's individual appetite for risk from the start.

Those who were vulnerable and those who wished to cower could have done so whilst the rest of us went about our lives.

I’m not so sure.

He lost a seat in the Tory heartlands recently (Chesham and Amersham) and he’s soon going to find himself on the end of some extraordinary pressure from the CRG in his own party; hospitalisations will continue to rise and education will be disrupted into next year, and there is going to be extreme pressure for restrictions to be reimposed. He’ll dither as usual and end up making the wrong decision too late.

I think people are beginning to see through his bluster.

(Edit: Just came across this in today’s Guardian. There’s a vested interest in them holding this view, of course, but it makes some good points.)

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...is-johnsons-government?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
There won't be any pressure from anyone even vaguely sensible for more restrictions. The only thing that can cause education disruption at this point is workshy teachers.

Back