• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Hmm reinfections. So a falsely reported positive test gives me two weeks off work, then two falsely reported positive tests gives me a month of work.

Lots of that going on I should think.

Hmm reinfections. So a falsely reported positive test gives me two weeks off work, then two falsely reported positive tests gives me a month of work.

Lots of that going on I should think.

You only need a test if you have symptoms. Having symptoms and a false positive is extremely rare. Even so, you have symptoms you are sick from something so should take time off.

You only need a test if you have symptoms. Having symptoms and a false positive is extremely rare. Even so, you have symptoms you are sick from something so should take time off.

I am saying it’s self reported positive lateral flow tests by dolly waggers bunking off work. You conduct and report the results yourself to the nhs.

I am saying it’s self reported positive lateral flow tests by dolly waggers bunking off work. You conduct and report the results yourself to the nhs.

Yeah the lateral flow tests will have to go. Stupid idea by boris (needs a full enquiry as to how that idea came about and i'd happily see a few go to prison for it).
Once this wave is over (estimated august). Every adult will have been offered the jab and most everyone will have been exposed. We should get back to normal.

I hate the media using the efficacy of catching the virus for vaccinations. The important efficacy is the stopping severe illness which is the same for az, pfizer and moderna. Over 90% after both jabs and gets even stronger afterwards.
South africa sold their az vaccinations to other countries because the "efficacy" was reported to be 33% against the south african variant (possibly corruption aswell). Which cost thousands of lives.

I'd ask people to seek fact based objectivity now. There's a strong current of politicisation in peoples opinions. This is succinct

I'm a social democrat. Neither the tories or labour represent my political leanings.

The problem is for opening up fully there are arguments on both sides and no scientist is certain on what the outcome will be. Also it is not just purely science we have to look at. It is human behaviours and the economy aswell.

Make sure you read multiple sources. Bmj, lancet are good bets. Dr john campbell and, prof tim spector on youtube are good.

The mail, mirror, guardian, sun are terrible.

Last edited:
I'm a social democrat. Neither the tories or labour represent my political leanings.

The problem is for opening up fully there are arguments on both sides and no scientist is certain on what the outcome will be. Also it is not just purely science we have to look at. It is human behaviours and the economy aswell.

Make sure you read multiple sources. Bmj, lancet are good bets. Dr john campbell and, prof phill spector on youtube are good.

The mail, mirror, guardian, sun are terrible.

I'm fortunate enough that I work in a certain industry and data is my main focus. The data is what drives my views. What's interesting is that month by month I have evolved my perspective as more evidence has come out.

At the beginning of this thing I listened to a lot of the independent sage types. Now I think some of them are unhinged nutters. It's a journey.

I'm fortunate enough that I work in a certain industry and data is my main focus. The data is what drives my views. What's interesting is that month by month I have evolved my perspective as more evidence has come out.

At the beginning of this thing I listened to a lot of the independent sage types. Now I think some of them are unhinged nutters. It's a journey.

You also have to remember we only see part of the data. As do some scientists. Example is hospitalisations for covid. Turns out 40% of them went into hospital for ailments other than covid but when tested were shown to have the virus.

We also don't understand the implications of long covid. Is it permanent? Is some of it just basic depression, from being in lockdown? Accurate information in this country is very difficult to get especially in a decent time frame. The ons figures the media quote every week are over a week out of date. If you look into them they are up to the week before. Invermectin they have only just started trials on.

So many cooks with so many agendas. All with egos and fighting for their time in the limelight. Some of it just to keep their funding. Then the media on top with their own agendas and headlines that aren't written by the journalist and skew it further.

Peer reviewed papers are hard to go by as this moves so quickly. What may have been true in jan with the alpha varant may no longer with the delta. Especially with vaccines, season, euros, holidays...

A headache.

So many cooks with so many agendas. All with egos and fighting for their time in the limelight. Some of it just to keep their funding. Then the media on top with their own agendas and headlines that aren't written by the journalist and skew it further.
So true, so many loving being in the limelight or having fingers in money making pies from COVID !!
It stinks

You also have to remember we only see part of the data. As do some scientists. Example is hospitalisations for covid. Turns out 40% of them went into hospital for ailments other than covid but when tested were shown to have the virus.

We also don't understand the implications of long covid. Is it permanent? Is some of it just basic depression, from being in lockdown? Accurate information in this country is very difficult to get especially in a decent time frame. The ons figures the media quote every week are over a week out of date. If you look into them they are up to the week before. Invermectin they have only just started trials on.

Peer reviewed papers are hard to go by as this moves so quickly. What may have been true in jan with the alpha varant may no longer with the delta. Especially with vaccines, season, euros, holidays...

A headache.
Working in gov currently I wouldn’t trust any of the data as the senior number crunchers I work with are shocking ..l I would trust them to track anything accurately

Not a scientist but i have some arguments with that.

They say we should wait till adolescents and children are vaccinated - will this ever happen? There are side effects to the vaccines that are a risk. Adolescnets and children are at such a low risk from covid, the vaccines may actually be more dangerous.

They want to keep social distancing measures - it seems forever. If we have to social distance after being vaccinated. Then when can we not?

Mask wearing (as has been brought up) - who polices it? What is the punishment for non compliance when 50% of the population says no?

There are others. But for me this is like the great barrington declaration. Might sound good in their head for what they want to happen. In practice, not going to happen.

I remember when there was an oil spill in cornwall. There was an interview with chris packham (head of rspb at the time). He was there saving birds. They asked him how much it cost to try and clean the oil off of each bird. £28k. Then they asked him, how many survived, about 5%.

Bono's charity, 1% goes to the actual cause (according to the finacial times). There are more charities to save the red squirrel in the uk, than there sre red sauirrels.

We are being fudged over.

Covid is not fake. Had family die from it. I've had it, friends have had it. But it is being used.

We are being fudged over.

Covid is not fake. Had family die from it. I've had it, friends have had it. But it is being used.

I’m very sad to hear of your losses. I’m definitely leaning towards throwing more weight behind the thoughts of 122 scientists on covid, though.

Last edited:
Back