• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Wearing a mask for the most part (because they aren't worn properly) protects other people from the viral load that you would be spreading if you are infected

Again this virus is now endemic, so you will have to wear a mask forever. Will you wear a mask while in the pub? At work? At home? At a friends house? Is public transport the only place you can catch the virus?

According to this report only 2% of hospitalisations are those that have been vaccinated. https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/o...are-fully-vaccinated-new-figures-show-1039944

Now younger people as we know are much less likely to go to hospital. So the majority in hospital will be those who have refused the vaccine (a small number may not be able to have the vaccine for whatever reason, and they may need to take precautions). So why should the population as a whole have restrictions in order to protect people who refuse to protect themselves?

6 weeks still before this change goes live

Double jabbed will not have to self-isolate from 16 August

Sajid Javid says the latest figures show the vaccination programme has saved 27,000 lives and prevented 7m people from getting Covid.

Both doses can reduce symptomatic infection by almost 80%, he says.

He says: "The odds have shifted in our favour and we can look afresh at many of the measures we have had to put in place".

From 16 August anyone who is a close contact of a positive case will no longer have to self-isolate if they've been fully vaccinated, he says.

If someone gets their second dose just before or just after 16 August they'll have to wait for two weeks to build up the maximum protection before they can enjoy these new freedoms, he says.

Yup, my relatives back in Trinidad are having to take their chances on SinoPharm jab as (like most Commonwealth nations) there are so few CoVax doses available.

View attachment 12220

Hopefully this Abdala vaccine from Cuba proves as effective as trial data suggests, so the Caribbean doesn’t have to continue to be locked down and deprived of that vital travel revenue for another holiday season.

Israel reimposed face masks for indoor gatherings and public transport last month despite the vaccine success, as cases were increasing.

Cases may have risen but hospitalisations and deaths have not.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-hospitalizations

agree, same as in UK. my point is that masks reintroduced.

However, masks are currently, as of today, still required on transport in UK. And i've been going back to work 3 days a week in London, trust me when i say a minimum of 30% of those travelling on TFL (Tube, Rail) are not wearing a mask now.

So with people going banging on about whether there's a mask mandate or not, we've already proved we can't trust people to make the basic right decision because a large proportion do not do it now, when the structure is in place to ensure it.

It could, it could not too
fudging doom mongers !!!

The SNP's Patricia Gibson raises concerns that unlocking the UK so quickly could give rise to a new variant which is resistant to vaccines.

agree, same as in UK. my point is that masks reintroduced.

However, masks are currently, as of today, still required on transport in UK. And i've been going back to work 3 days a week in London, trust me when i say a minimum of 30% of those travelling on TFL (Tube, Rail) are not wearing a mask now.

So with people going banging on about whether there's a mask mandate or not, we've already proved we can't trust people to make the basic right decision because a large proportion do not do it now, when the structure is in place to ensure it.

Agreed. There is no point to continue the mandate of masks. It's not going to be policed. Even if it was and 100% of people wear masks on public transport. It would be pointless. Because people are mixing at work, in pubs, football grounds, restaurants, in each others homes etc... where masks aren't required.

We have seen in areas where the delta variant peaked early a levelling off (and even a fall) in new cases. This hopefully means that herd immunity has been reached in those areas and the rest of the country should follow suit. Especially as we are still vaccinating.

It could, it could not too
fudging doom mongers !!!

The SNP's Patricia Gibson raises concerns that unlocking the UK so quickly could give rise to a new variant which is resistant to vaccines.

Some politicians seem to cling to the idea that we can still eradicate the virus. We can't, it's endemic. So there will always be a threat of a new variant resistant to vaccines. Whether we unlock now or in 10 years time.

What's the reasoning here with right wingers and their utter contempt for mask wearing? I mean, it's hardly being asked to walk bare-foot through the Sahara desert now is it?

It's like Whitty said, it's a coutesy thing, i may have the virus and by wearing a mask, i can limit the amount of virus i share and spread around. No one is asking you to run a fudging marathon wearing a mask now.

I'll continue to wear a mask on the Train because i'm not an arsehole.
How about we compromise on a solution.

The ugly and the fat continue to wear masks and everyone else doesn't. That way there's some other tangible benefit of wearing masks (not having to look at unattractive people) as well.

28733 cases today. Does look like it's starting to level off a bit. Or at least not rising as fast as it was.

Again this virus is now endemic, so you will have to wear a mask forever. Will you wear a mask while in the pub? At work? At home? At a friends house? Is public transport the only place you can catch the virus?

Public transport, particularly the tube in rush hour would be particularly bad in terms of spreading covid.

Israel reimposed face masks for indoor gatherings and public transport last month despite the vaccine success, as cases were increasing.

It’ll happen here too as we move into Autumn and the NHS comes under pressure. We’ll be advised to socially distance again too at that stage, I reckon. Noticeably, there wasn’t too much mention of things being irreversible yesterday.

Cases may have risen but hospitalisations and deaths have not.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-hospitalizations

Fingers crossed they both stay reasonably steady over the next month. If they do, we’re in a decent place - for now.

Last edited:
Public transport, particularly the tube in rush hour would be particularly bad in terms of spreading covid.

Again only 2% of those hospitalised have had both jabs. The problem isn't mandating masks, it's vaccine hesitancy.

Has it been declared scientifically here 'forever' ?

Are people still catching variants of SARS etc?

Back