• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Remember the az vaccine can't be given to under 30's. So it will be only the pfizer and moderna jabs being given to those groups now.

What a waste.

Yup, my relatives back in Trinidad are having to take their chances on SinoPharm jab as (like most Commonwealth nations) there are so few CoVax doses available.

67A742E6-A66D-440B-8993-E59CADE5165A.png

Hopefully this Abdala vaccine from Cuba proves as effective as trial data suggests, so the Caribbean doesn’t have to continue to be locked down and deprived of that vital travel revenue for another holiday season.

Yup, my relatives back in Trinidad are having to take their chances on SinoPharm jab as (like most Commonwealth nations) there are so few CoVax doses available.

View attachment 12220

Hopefully this Abdala vaccine from Cuba proves as effective as trial data suggests, so the Caribbean doesn’t have to continue to be locked down and deprived of that vital travel revenue for another holiday season.

If there is one thing cuba does well it's healthcare.

Splitting the wave in two may reduce the caseload on the nhs from covid. But the nhs has other things to worry about in winter. Cold weather increasing strokes, flu etc... it was why last year we wanted the peak in summer. When the nhs is least busy. Problem was, it was a very nice summer, ventilation, vitamin d, people outside meant cases were low.
The delta variant spreads more easily, but i would still think you would want any peak in summer rather than winter.

We also have to remember the euros are having an effect on numbers. People are watching the footy in groups around each others houses and in pubs. I think this week we'll probably see the numbers of new cases flattening a bit.

Last edited:
If people want to carry on wearing masks post the 19th July then that is their choice and good on them
I won't be though

So you are trusting Boris now over the scientists that have said that some restrictions should remain?

What has Boris done to Foster such trust?

So you are trusting Boris now over the scientists that have said that some restrictions should remain?

What has Boris done to Foster such trust?

What restrictions do you think should remain? In the uk at least the virus fatality rate is now a third of that of flu. Due to vaccination.

If people want to carry on wearing masks post the 19th July then that is their choice and good on them
I won't be though

What's the reasoning here with right wingers and their utter contempt for mask wearing? I mean, it's hardly being asked to walk bare-foot through the Sahara desert now is it?

It's like Whitty said, it's a coutesy thing, i may have the virus and by wearing a mask, i can limit the amount of virus i share and spread around. No one is asking you to run a fudging marathon wearing a mask now.

I'll continue to wear a mask on the Train because i'm not an arsehole.

Reactions: DTA
What's the reasoning here with right wingers and their utter contempt for mask wearing? I mean, it's hardly being asked to walk bare-foot through the Sahara desert now is it?

It's like Whitty said, it's a coutesy thing, i may have the virus and by wearing a mask, i can limit the amount of virus i share and spread around. No one is asking you to run a fudging marathon wearing a mask now.

Not just as you say “Right Wingers” who moan about mask wearing.

Yes it may be seen as polite to do so in some settings but it should not be mandatory after restrictions are lifted.

If you want to wear a mask do so and if you don’t then don’t.People should not be chastised over personal choice or be lumped into you’re a “Right Winger” because of said choice.

Same for vaccines.

I don't mind wearing a mask, but keeping it mandatory will mean it's mandatory for ever. The vulnerable groups have received both vaccinations. The fatality rate is lower than flu now. The virus is now endemic.
So if masks are mandatory, what should be the punishment for not wearing one? Who polices it? Do we really want to divert police resources to enforce it? And lastly what is the point? You go to work, you have to wear a mask on the bus or tube. You get to the office, nobody wears a mask. You go to the pub, nobody wears a mask you go home nobody wears a mask. What actual benefit will wearing a mask on public transport have if you are mixing with people not wearing a mask anyway?

Not everyone who doesn't want to wear a mask has such an extreme view though.

I've used a train 2 to 4 times a day almost throughout the past year (school run and work). I wore a mask everytime against my own preference, purely to appease others.

I'll be pleased to not wear a mask after so long - the train is mostly empty, I'll sit away from other people, particularly the elderly which I already do, to be considerate towards them.

Being able to sit by the train window without a mask (with other passengers 5m+ away) will be nice - is that so bad?

I realize some people will be irresponsible, and I can agree with you there, but it's possible to not wear a mask and still be thoughtful to others (imo)

Last edited:
I don't mind wearing a mask, but keeping it mandatory will mean it's mandatory for ever. The vulnerable groups have received both vaccinations. The fatality rate is lower than flu now. The virus is now endemic.
So if masks are mandatory, what should be the punishment for not wearing one? Who polices it? Do we really want to divert police resources to enforce it? And lastly what is the point? You go to work, you have to wear a mask on the bus or tube. You get to the office, nobody wears a mask. You go to the pub, nobody wears a mask you go home nobody wears a mask. What actual benefit will wearing a mask on public transport have if you are mixing with people not wearing a mask anyway?

Wearing a mask for the most part (because they aren't worn properly) protects other people from the viral load that you would be spreading if you are infected

Back