• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Sars covid 1 was different. By the time you were contagious you required hospital treatment. This reduced it's ability to spread and made it easy to spot and contain.
Sars covid 2 now in the uk has over 56% of cases asymptomatic. Dogs, cats and other animals can also catch it. Making it incredibly difficult to contain.

We've decided as a family even if Greece stays Amber we're going away end July
Literally sick and tired of all the flimflam and moving of the goal posts
Looking like it will only have to be my mrs having to quarantine for 5 days when we get back anyhow as I've been double jabbed, so have my parents and the kids are too young
Interested to hear what your plans are now Mark? Anything changed?

Interested to hear what your plans are now Mark? Anything changed?
We were told last week that all we could do was move the holiday
I said no we want a refund and they said only if Greece was still Amber on the next update could we get a refund as the holiday would be cancelled, if it went Green and we didn't go we would lose our cash
We were meant to go on the 21st so didn't want to chance it so have moved it to 2022 and its now become part of our family-moon a few weeks after we get married
It was just too much hassle and worry for us in the end, I was fed up of discussing it every day

Do you think masks should be mandatory forever?

No. But surely it should be about cost benefit analysis.

The vaccines and roll out have been a huge success in this country.

Apart from vaccine hesitates the biggest risk to its continued success is mutations that create variants that could potentially circumvent the vaccine.

This may never happen but until we know more then it is sensible for society to take precautions that could curtail the spread and therefore potential mutations, or spread of imported variants.

Now this has to be balanced with the economic impact of restrictions, we can't stay closed forever.

But what is the economic impact of wearing masks on public transport?

No. But surely it should be about cost benefit analysis.

The vaccines and roll out have been a huge success in this country.

Apart from vaccine hesitates the biggest risk to its continued success is mutations that create variants that could potentially circumvent the vaccine.

This may never happen but until we know more then it is sensible for society to take precautions that could curtail the spread and therefore potential mutations, or spread of imported variants.

Now this has to be balanced with the economic impact of restrictions, we can't stay closed forever.

But what is the economic impact of wearing masks on public transport?

The biggest risk is what it's been from the beginning. It's what the strategy has been from the beginning.

Not letting the nhs become overwhelmed. If it is then you can't do emergency care for anything, strokes, stabbings, car accidents. There would be no ambulances or er. So the strategy has been to flatten the curve and have less restrictions in summer, when the stress on the nhs is the least.

We are seeing in places that had the peak of the delta first already seeing cases come down. With a much less rise in hospitalisations. So we release restrictions july 19th. Then ride it through.

Reach herd immunity before another mutation can take hold.

Which is with vaccinations.

Tbf meaningless with the delta variant. If it was ever accurate at all.

No it's not. Anyway we can cut down deaths, hospitalizations and long covid without effect on our economy should be implemented

No it's not. Anyway we can cut down deaths, hospitalizations and long covid without effect on our economy should be implemented

Never hugging or kissing anyone would do more. Should we make that a law?

Covid is now less fatal than flu. It is more akin to the common cold.

If you want to live in fear forever, fine wear a mask. But there should not be laws telling you to wear a mask, especially when they will not be enforced. It's pointless.

You might not want to hear this. But the uk is now going herd immunity strategy. We want it done. All the vulnerable have been double jabbed. Younger generations have had at least one (apart from kids). This is getting done this summer before winter kicks in.

Hence whitty saying anything we do now pushes the wave along, doesn't prevent it.

Scream and shout. Hate it if you want. But that is the plan.

Refused the jab, that's down to you.

Last edited:
You might not want to hear this. But the uk is now going herd immunity strategy. We want it done. All the vulnerable have been double jabbed. Younger generations have had at least one (apart from kids). This is getting done this summer before winter kicks in.

Hence whitty saying anything we do now pushes the wave along, doesn't prevent it.

Scream and shout. Hate it if you want. But that is the plan.

I remember whitty saying that "we should not worry about covid it is like flu and will only effect smokers" or something of that ilk. This was while China was locking down 30million people.

I said then it would come here people didn't believe

Last summer I said we should wait until winter and what the cold weather brings before we start tossing our selves off too much. People didn't belive me.

So now I'm saying we should be cautious before relaxing all restrictions, in particular mask which is such a minor inconvenience.

I'm starting to feel like the Greek legend of Casandra

Back