• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

That is a trite and totally fatalistic view. Covid doesn’t spread itself it is advected by humans who more or less have a choice not to catch or transmit it.

Viruses can totally be held at bay, even eradicated, by vaccinations.

No vaccine is 100% effective.

I’m not sure what you say is true of highly infectious respiratory viruses - short of the entire world simultaneously entering a period of extended and extreme lockdown. And even then, we would need people to work in various essential capacities, and so this virus would continue to spread.

We’ve been told by the highest medical authorities since April last year that we’d have to find a way to learn to live with it.

So a 4 week delay until the 19th July and all because of yet another monumental government fudge up, cheers Bo Jo & the gang

No vaccine is 100% effective.

I’m not sure what you say is true of highly infectious respiratory viruses - short of the entire world simultaneously entering a period of extended and extreme lockdown. And even then, we would need people to work in various essential capacities, and so this virus would continue to spread.

We’ve been told by the highest medical authorities since April last year that we’d have to find a way to learn to live with it.

Of course Mikey, and I’ve drawn my line in the sand now between imposed restrictions and individual choices. No need to wait now.

Of course Mikey, and I’ve drawn my line in the sand now between imposed restrictions and individual choices. No need to wait now.
I'm 100% with you mate !!
The way the government has fudged up the Delta is the final straw for me
We would have been flying if they had have dealt with India earlier, no excuses from them they have royally fudged things up

I'm 100% with you mate !!
The way the government has fudged up the Delta is the final straw for me
We would have been flying if they had have dealt with India earlier, no excuses from them they have royally fudged things up

Inexcusably so. I want them held to account.

Backing up the fudge up, standard !!!

Heath minister says government acted 'swiftly and decisively' over Indian variant

Health and social care minister Edward Argar tells Sky News he believes India was added to the red list at the right time because at that moment the Delta variant was not a variant of concern.

He says he thinks the government acted "swiftly and decisively" when it became clear the variant was being transmitted in communities in the UK.

He said he doesn't think adding India earlier would have stopped the variant from coming, but did say "it's possible" we might not be in this position if we had closed the border two weeks earlier.

Mr Argar said we have to "recognise that this disease may well be endemic for many years".

Back