• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

So thousands could die because of the Delta variant or so was said yesterday by the liar on the podium

upload_2021-6-15_7-34-49.png

Yet it's been here since April and the deaths are minimal and lets be honest how many of the deaths were probably not 100% down to COVID anyhow

The sham continues !!!

and here they are !!!
as my post above, if it's been here for 2 months why have we not seen deaths yet

Coming months uncertain - scientist on Sage

Professor Graham Medley, from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine and a member of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) advising the government, warns that it is still possible that the nation could return to seeing hundreds of deaths a day.

"Although the numbers of deaths are low at the moment, everyone expects that they will rise. The question is really as to what level they will rise," he tells BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

"At the moment there is a lot of uncertainty in what's going to happen over the next couple of months."

ritain is being "frightened" by "incorrect forecasts that don't take into consideration the impact of vaccines", Tory MP Iain Duncan Smith has told GB News.

The former Conservative leader expressed his disappointment at the delay to Freedom Day on The Great British Breakfast, after Boris Johnson said easing of restrictions would be postponed until July 19.

He argued that Covid-19 vaccines were effective against the Delta variant which first originated in India, citing figures which showed a 60% reduction in hospitalisations after one jab and up to 95% reduction after two doses.

Mr Duncan Smith said: "We have a set of forecasts where SAGE have been completely incorrect. We're getting worried and frightened about forecasts which don't take into consideration the impact of vaccines.

"The reality is vaccines are having a dramatic effect on hospitalisations and death and these are two important figures." Rising case rates and hospital numbers are likely to have persuaded ministers of the merits of postponing the last stage of the road map out of lockdown."

The former Conservative leader also said the vaccine rollout was protecting the most vulnerable in society and that the vast majority of people who were catching Covid-19 were young people.

"That's why we're not seeing a significant rise in hospitalisations or deaths," he said. "This is a reality. There's no evidence to suggest we should delay at this stage."

The Delta variant of Covid-19, first identified in India, is now responsible for up to 96% of new cases – with a 60% increased risk of household transmission compared with the Alpha variant, which originated in Kent last year.

And while the vaccine rollout is estimated to have already averted more than 14,000 deaths in older people, just under half of all adults in England are not yet fully vaccinated.

The Government has said the decision to lift restrictions will be based on four tests: whether the vaccine rollout is continuing successfully; if evidence shows vaccines are reducing hospital cases and deaths among people who have been vaccinated; that infection rates are not risking a surge in hospital cases which would put unsustainable pressure on the NHS; and that the Government’s assessment of the risks has not been fundamentally changed by new variants of concern.

Basically if the deaths and/or hospitalisations return to march/April levels we have a problem with the vaccine ie it's not giving the protection we hoped.
And hence back to square one.

I think that's unlikely imo. But all the upward curves have started somewhere and 4 weeks to feed in extra data to be sure we aren't heading back into the brick is hardly a stretch given we are already 15 months in.

Besides they're not rolling back on current 'restrictions', and if you live where I live, restaurants, pubs, beaches look pretty much as they always do, rammed ie what restrictions? Yep. The weather helps BUT I'm a long way from feeling oppressed or my liberty taken away. Laughable.

I don't mind the current restrictions. So nice to watch football in a pub where only sitting and table service is allowed, rather than standing room only and struggling to the bar. Only thing I'm missing is travelling out of the UK. Face masks and social distancing are still being adhered to in Hertford. I've been to Wales and the Lake District recently, and in those areas not so much.

I don't mind the current restrictions. So nice to watch football in a pub where only sitting and table service is allowed, rather than standing room only and struggling to the bar. Only thing I'm missing is travelling out of the UK. Face masks and social distancing are still being adhered to in Hertford. I've been to Wales and the Lake District recently, and in those areas not so much.
Beyond wearing a mask in a shop and following the protocols set out by a restaurant or pub (hardly a hassle) restrictions are barely noticeable.

I'd love a trip away but it's summertime here now so not such a hardship. In fact I live in such a nice place that I wish there were more restrictions so half the clams couldn't come:D We are literally stuck here with virtually one road in and one out. (Not that I'm going anywhere)

Having to only be allowed to sit down and have at most 2 hours in a pub/bar is the utter gonad*s I don't like
You can't be spontaneous well not in the city you can't

Back