• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I’ve seen speculation that June 21st may not happen and they will push back the next step of the roadmap to coincide with the breakup of schools which gives them more time to vaccinate more younger people. Whilst I get the logic behind wanting to vaccinate as much of the younger population as possible, surely now is the time to open up? There were always be variants, if we don’t open up in the summer then when will we?

I’ve seen speculation that June 21st may not happen and they will push back the next step of the roadmap to coincide with the breakup of schools which gives them more time to vaccinate more younger people. Whilst I get the logic behind wanting to vaccinate as much of the younger population as possible, surely now is the time to open up? There were always be variants, if we don’t open up in the summer then when will we?

Its happening anyway. Mask wearing and any pretence at distancing has gone off a cliff the last 2 or 3 weeks. I think anyone who has had Covid or the vaccine knows the measures are entirely pointless for them, and it's hard to keep up the charade.

I'm not sure though what difference the next stage is going to make, other than letting people hang out together in public rather than private spaces.

Its happening anyway. Mask wearing and any pretence at distancing has gone off a cliff the last 2 or 3 weeks. I think anyone who has had Covid or the vaccine knows the measures are entirely pointless for them, and it's hard to keep up the charade.

I'm not sure though what difference the next stage is going to make, other than letting people hang out together in public rather than private spaces.

Yeah definitely noticed less people wearing masks. The next step of the roadmap allows theatres, restaurants etc to open at full capacity with no more social distancing measures as I understand it?

Yeah definitely noticed less people wearing masks. The next step of the roadmap allows theatres, restaurants etc to open at full capacity with no more social distancing measures as I understand it?

it’s time for individuals to make their own risk assessments.

For example I would not risk getting covid by attending a packed Andrew Lloyd Webber show. However, I would sooner have covid than go to an ALW show.

The only thing for me is that I’m looking forward to a bit of a holiday around the U.K. in July though and could do with as few complications as possible.

I walked through one of the biggest train stations in the country this morning and I reckon it was down to about 60%, from 90-95% a few weeks ago.

Standing full capacity gigs will be nice as well - I've got some coming up in August (rolled-over from forever ago). I've been using cinemas again for a while but to be honest that isn't much different to normal times, as most screenings rarely get above half full anyway.

it’s time for individuals to make their own risk assessments.

For example I would not risk getting covid by attending a packed Andrew Lloyd Webber show. However, I would sooner have covid than go to an ALW show.

The only thing for me is that I’m looking forward to a bit of a holiday around the U.K. in July though and could do with as few complications as possible.

I'd quite happily pile into a busy sweaty nightclub tonight (I've had Covid and the vaccine, so know I'd be an international medical miracle to get it again), but I'll probably never travel on a bus again. That's my personal risk assessment, although that's not particularly about Covid (more the realisation of the discomfort and inconvenience, now I've had six months of commuting by car).

Work is interesting. I've been back in my office full-time since xmas. Even though we're still officially on 'stay home' instructions, I reckon a good 40% odd are now back in for 'wellbeing reasons'.

I'd quite happily pile into a busy sweaty nightclub tonight (I've had Covid and the vaccine, so know I'd be an international medical miracle to get it again), but I'll probably never travel on a bus again. That's my personal risk assessment, although that's not particularly about Covid (more the realisation of the discomfort and inconvenience, now I've had six months of commuting by car).

Work is interesting. I've been back in my office full-time since xmas. Even though we're still officially on 'stay home' instructions, I reckon a good 40% odd are now back in for 'wellbeing reasons'.

That is certainly not the case in London. I was in Canary Wharf to meet some colleagues for lunch last week, and it was incredibly quiet. I've heard the same from friends who work in the City. I had to take a train yesterday and parked my car in the station carpark - I had my pick of spaces without having to drive half a mile through the carpark first as would normally be the case. Until the government remove their 'work from home if possible' instruction, that's unlikely to change. And even when it does, most places seem to be moving towards a 1 or 2 days a week in the office anyway.

That is certainly not the case in London. I was in Canary Wharf to meet some colleagues for lunch last week, and it was incredibly quiet. I've heard the same from friends who work in the City. I had to take a train yesterday and parked my car in the station carpark - I had my pick of spaces without having to drive half a mile through the carpark first as would normally be the case. Until the government remove their 'work from home if possible' instruction, that's unlikely to change. And even when it does, most places seem to be moving towards a 1 or 2 days a week in the office anyway.

I guess London might be different because of the length of many people's commute and it being so car unfriendly? But here I'd say things are about up-to 80% again (100% blue collar, 40% white collar, plus the usual amount of students/junkies/ladies who lunch/shoppers etc.)

Took two internal flights in the U.K. last week. Half full at best. Everyone in the airport and on the flights wearing masks.

It's looking like 21st June will be delayed because of people being ill who haven't had the vaccine, seems ridiculously unfair on all of us who have had it
Would love to know how many have point blank refused the vaccine

Nearly two-thirds of people infected with the Delta variant, and more than half of those who have died with it, have not had a Covid vaccine at all, the latest official data suggests.

It's looking like 21st June will be delayed because of people being ill who haven't had the vaccine, seems ridiculously unfair on all of us who have had it
Would love to know how many have point blank refused the vaccine

Nearly two-thirds of people infected with the Delta variant, and more than half of those who have died with it, have not had a Covid vaccine at all, the latest official data suggests.
Let's add some numbers....

Out of 33,000 cases analysed by PHE and confirmed to be the Delta variant since February, 223 have been admitted to hospital - most were unvaccinated or had only had only dose, and 20 people were fully vaccinated.

And of 42 deaths in people with Delta variant infections, 23 were unvaccinated and seven had received only one dose. The other 12 had received two doses more than two weeks before.

Let's add some numbers....

Out of 33,000 cases analysed by PHE and confirmed to be the Delta variant since February, 223 have been admitted to hospital - most were unvaccinated or had only had only dose, and 20 people were fully vaccinated.

And of 42 deaths in people with Delta variant infections, 23 were unvaccinated and seven had received only one dose. The other 12 had received two doses more than two weeks before.
I assume it's too soon for any of them to have had two doses more than 12 weeks ago?

It’s spread because it’s a virus. It’s what they do.

That is a trite and totally fatalistic view. Covid doesn’t spread itself it is advected by humans who more or less have a choice not to catch or transmit it.

Viruses can totally be held at bay, even eradicated, by vaccinations.

Back