• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2...astrazeneca_uk_coronavirus_johnson-286384093/

Great article about how Kate Bingham secured vaccines for the UK. Seems like one of the few, sensible Tories. Boris got lucky that she was married to one of his MPs.
It’s one of the few times they went to an expert of industry rather than a consultancy
Honestly I see stuff like it all the time and it’s scary.... I sit in meetings as an independent consultant and I see a BIG 4 person or another consultancy and I cringe as I know it’s death by power point and no substance or answers

I’m not sure. The vaccines do still seem to prevent hospitalisations and deaths in the mutations that we know about.

I do think we need to be sorting track and trace. We’re going to have to be good at squashing new variants for some time to come.

In SA people have been buying ivermectin on the Black market after it was recently banned by the SA government. All the doctors here are up in arms because many claim that if you take the drug early enough it will 1 prevent deaths and 2 prevent people from being hospitalized.

Through petitions the SA government/medical body has said it now can be administered in chronic cases after some clinical trials revealed that ivermectin reduces the viral load by up to 75%

I personally have had friends in a bad way with COVID who have taken it and now 100% and in particular had someone I knew who was in ICU and on 100% oxygen in a bad way. Apparently nurses took the liquid ivermectin and mixed in the right ratio with water and rubbed all his fatty tissue parts on his body . Within 5 days he was off oxygen and moved to high care. Today he is hundreds. There are plenty positive story’s regarding the use of ivermectin and I’m sure the use of it will gain momentum as our doctors keep pushing for its use.

Furthermore many people are taking ivermectin as a preventative which I find interesting as we have just come out of a level 3 lockdown and with ivermectin readily available on the black market our numbers have significantly reduced.

With all the above happening it does make you wonder what this pandemic is all about and with ivermectin being touted as the supposed miracle drug not sure why health body’s around the world are not using this drug as the foundation of the so called vaccine to prevent and cure.

All doesn’t add up to me I’m sure there is some sort of hidden agenda with all of this.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

In SA people have been buying ivermectin on the Black market after it was recently banned by the SA government. All the doctors here are up in arms because many claim that if you take the drug early enough it will 1 prevent deaths and 2 prevent people from being hospitalized.

Through petitions the SA government/medical body has said it now can be administered in chronic cases after some clinical trials revealed that ivermectin reduces the viral load by up to 75%

I personally have had friends in a bad way with COVID who have taken it and now 400% and in particular had someone I knew who was in ICU and on 400% oxygen in a bad way. Apparently nurses took the liquid ivermectin and mixed in the right ratio with water and rubbed all his fatty tissue parts on his body . Within 5 days he was off oxygen and moved to high care. Today he is hundreds. There are plenty positive story’s regarding the use of ivermectin and I’m sure the use of it will gain momentum as our doctors keep pushing for its use.

Furthermore many people are taking ivermectin as a preventative which I find interesting as we have just come out of a level 3 lockdown and with ivermectin readily available on the black market our numbers have significantly reduced.

With all the above happening it does make you wonder what this pandemic is all about and with ivermectin being touted as the supposed miracle drug not sure why health body’s around the world are not using this drug as the foundation of the so called vaccine to prevent and cure.

All doesn’t add up to me I’m sure there is some sort of hidden agenda with all of this.

I must admit when I first saw about Ivemectin I thought it was an anti vax crank, but it seems the UK are finally looking at this.

It seems the idea has been around since April

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/ar...asitic-drug-kill-off-sars-cov-2-within-2-days

South Africa is interesting, The cases are falling through the floor and they have the super infectious SA mutation, any idea why it is?

I’m not sure. The vaccines do still seem to prevent hospitalisations and deaths in the mutations that we know about.

I do think we need to be sorting track and trace. We’re going to have to be good at squashing new variants for some time to come.

They do, but it sounds like its right on the edge and SA have said they wont use it.

They do, but it sounds like its right on the edge and SA have said they wont use it.

I think they’ve just taken a pause to examine evidence. If the SA variant is the predominant one circulating there it makes sense, I suppose. That’s why we have to make sure our test and trace is sorted. We need to have the ability to jump on new variants and squeeze numbers down swiftly. Otherwise, as you say, we’ll be stuck in a lockdown cycle, and will need to retain social distancing for the foreseeable.

I personally have had friends in a bad way with COVID who have taken it and now 400% and in particular had someone I knew who was in ICU and on 400% oxygen in a bad way. Apparently nurses took the liquid ivermectin and mixed in the right ratio with water and rubbed all his fatty tissue parts on his body . Within 5 days he was off oxygen and moved to high care. Today he is hundreds. There are plenty positive story’s regarding the use of ivermectin and I’m sure the use of it will gain momentum as our doctors keep pushing for its use.

Don't believe it's a hidden agenda but yes i know of people in SA getting hold of ivermectin to use due to the rumours it helps in the early stages. Worth pointing out i've also heard that hospitals are now administering tests to see if patients have 'self-diagnosed' and taken it, and effectively stopping people providing it to family members in the hospital

Dont know enough about it but am worried as our family are in KZN and weeks ago there were no hospital beds at all when my wife's auntie passed away.

Pretty clear from this afternoon’s press conference that foreign holiday travel remains a long way off. I’m waiting to cash in a holiday postponed just before Lockdown 1 last March.

2022...maybe?

I’d settle for getting to see my family in N Ireland at the minute.

Pretty clear from this afternoon’s press conference that foreign holiday travel remains a long way off. I’m waiting to cash in a holiday postponed just before Lockdown 1 last March.

2022...maybe?

parents have a place in Dubai am hoping we can get out there some point later in the year.

parents have a place in Dubai am hoping we can get out there some point later in the year.
Anything to stop you going now? Dubai's open isn't it?

Getting back might be a little circuitous - you'd need to fly to somewhere in Europe with open borders. Then you'd be able to go to Ireland and fly back from there.

Getting back might be a little circuitous - you'd need to fly to somewhere in Europe with open borders. Then you'd be able to go to Ireland and fly back from there.

ha i didn't realise that was the method! wont be long til restrictions eased anyway.

Probably going to hold off flying until vaccinated which won't be until the Summer anyway.

2022...maybe?

I have an offer for an Asian airline to rebook by end of the year or have a voucher, valid for 12 months and cash refundable if not used.
They are also going through bankruptcy restructuring, so none of them are great options. I can't see any foreign travel this year and very limited options next year.

I have an offer for an Asian airline to rebook by end of the year or have a voucher, valid for 12 months and cash refundable if not used.
They are also going through bankruptcy restructuring, so none of them are great options. I can't see any foreign travel this year and very limited options next year.
Be wary of the vouchers. Most of them have small print that they can take their time to pay you after the end of the year too.

That plan just got a lot more risky...

Has the snow had an impact on the vaccinations? Probably slowed things down quite a bit I guess?

If you booked with a credit card, just tell your bank to get your money back - they'll just want to see proof that the airline has refused a refund (as opposed to a voucher). Anyway, launch a claim and your bank will tell you what to do.

Back