• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Oh I know
Oh just shows how some misinformation can lead to bad things possibly
They have had some other muslim colleagues contact one of them but it’s her husband telling her no
The biggest loss here is they are both very good nurses who could be helping others too
They can’t even leave home currently as their not allowed to work because they won’t the the vaccine

FFS. You are a star for keeping at them. Don't give up mate.

FFS. You are a star for keeping at them. Don't give up mate.
Hey it’s not me
It’s my wife mate
As I say they are two of her best
She has a team of about 20 in her half of beds and these two are the most reliable
But like I say ... all it take is some asshole to issue enough lies to damage someone because of their faith/religion/beliefs and it’s potentially very very harmful for many others two
It’s even caused a scenario where one of the nurses went back to Africa pre lockdown to sort out some family issues and she can’t back. She is desperate to get back as she is a locum and doesn’t get paid, has family here that need her help and can’t live in her house in Africa (I can’t remember the country) because the people are scared of her as she has come from England.
It’s a fudged up world currently

Hey it’s not me
It’s my wife mate
As I say they are two of her best
She has a team of about 20 in her half of beds and these two are the most reliable
But like I say ... all it take is some treasure cave to issue enough lies to damage someone because of their faith/religion/beliefs and it’s potentially very very harmful for many others two
It’s even caused a scenario where one of the nurses went back to Africa pre lockdown to sort out some family issues and she can’t back. She is desperate to get back as she is a locum and doesn’t get paid, has family here that need her help and can’t live in her house in Africa (I can’t remember the country) because the people are scared of her as she has come from England.
It’s a fudged up world currently

This is why I am now keen for the vaccine to be mandated. And I'm genuinely stunned by the reality you talk about. The bizarre thing is that the imams and scholars have all been unequivocal across the UK that people should take it and there is nothing haram in the vaccine. Personally I think they should make it obligatory from a religious perspective. They have stopped short of this for the most part.

Can anybody see Boris making this obligatory? It would be 'unbritishness' or as most people call it common sense.
I would.
I would also not let anybody work in the NHS or care home without a current up to date vaccination chip/registration. Registrations will get forged before they hit the streets.

Can anybody see Boris making this obligatory? It would be 'unbritishness' or as most people call it common sense.
I would.
I would also not let anybody work in the NHS or care home without a current up to date vaccination chip/registration. Registrations will get forged before they hit the streets.
Mandatory would be a step too far IMO.

Nothing wrong with refusing NHS access or other services to those without vaccination though.

I would.

No, it shouldn't be obligatory, that's a very dangerous route to go down in terms of precedent setting for (future) government(s). But educational campaigns, clear information distributed in multiple languages are vital etc and need to be carefully targetted. The messenger is also as important as the message, so as @LutonSpurs says, faith leaders and community leaders have a pivotal role to play.
I think it's likely for this year and into next year that there will be certain activities which will favour those who have had the vaccine, overseas travel being the obvious one, where evidence of vaccination will become a substitute for quarantine and pre-travel covid tests. But that still leaves people with a choice for people to make.

And to your second point, the NHS, and care homes in particular, would struggle to operate without the workforce that comes from many of the groups currently distrusting of the vaccine. (I agree that everyone working with vulnerable people should have the vaccine, but it mustn't be forced on them).

No, it shouldn't be obligatory, that's a very dangerous route to go down in terms of precedent setting for (future) government(s). But educational campaigns, clear information distributed in multiple languages are vital etc and need to be carefully targetted. The messenger is also as important as the message, so as @LutonSpurs says, faith leaders and community leaders have a pivotal role to play.
I think it's likely for this year and into next year that there will be certain activities which will favour those who have had the vaccine, overseas travel being the obvious one, where evidence of vaccination will become a substitute for quarantine and pre-travel covid tests. But that still leaves people with a choice for people to make.

And to your second point, the NHS, and care homes in particular, would struggle to operate without the workforce that comes from many of the groups currently distrusting of the vaccine. (I agree that everyone working with vulnerable people should have the vaccine, but it mustn't be forced on them).

Yes of course you are sadly right it was just me having a rant. But I personally have little or no time for religion and especially when it impinges on health.

Vaccinations being up to date and documented for pets are already obligatory if you want to travel with them or book them into a holiday care facility.

Is there any logic in it being different for my kids?

This is why I am now keen for the vaccine to be mandated. And I'm genuinely stunned by the reality you talk about. The bizarre thing is that the imams and scholars have all been unequivocal across the UK that people should take it and there is nothing haram in the vaccine. Personally I think they should make it obligatory from a religious perspective. They have stopped short of this for the most part.
It’s not just your faith is it
I mean every religion has its quirks and people not supporting the programme
It’s just silly really
I wonder how Jehovah’s are dealing with it knowing their views on blood transfusions for example

I thought it was BAME communities that were vaccine sceptical rather than religions, seems like there's so many high profile people across all spectrums supporting it that hopefully the message will get across that it's fine. Some of the rehetoric from other countries that the UK has cut corners in their approvals doesn't help.

Vaccinations being up to date and documented for pets are already obligatory if you want to travel with them or book them into a holiday care facility.

Is there any logic in it being different for my kids?
I took some leagl advice last week as to whether or not we could make it compulsory at work - unfortunately the consensus is that we can't.

What we can do is ban employees who are not vaccinated from "risky" areas, such as the canteen and smoking areas. As overtime mixes staff from across different parts of the business, we can refuse overtime to anyone not vaccinated. Annual pay rises are entirely discretionary too, so we can withold them until minimum wage catches up with their earnings.

Those refusing the vaccine for whatever reason; that is Darwinism in full effect.

@Bedfordspurs; you said those 2 nurses were your wife's 2 most reliable nurses, I would beg to differ! When the chips are down, they are useless.
They are heavily influenced by other factors and are ultimately human beings
They are currently useless to her but there are reasons behind it
The issue is of course the reasons are through lies and misinformation targeted at certain people

I'd be interested to see if anyone has any decent data on it, but it certainly seems as if the religious are heavily represented in the vaccine crank groups.

Indeed. I think the rise of extremism everywhere is a huge underlying issue in all matters globally, and have to say the surge of the Christian Right in the US over the past four years has been catalytic in an alarming way. It is all so ridiculous.

I’m sure there is
My comment was more aimed at an example where miss information is yet again harming someone because of their religion

Oh I know mate, and get that. Just wanted to be sure that the love was spread and put on record that the cranks are across all faiths.

I took some leagl advice last week as to whether or not we could make it compulsory at work - unfortunately the consensus is that we can't.

What we can do is ban employees who are not vaccinated from "risky" areas, such as the canteen and smoking areas. As overtime mixes staff from across different parts of the business, we can refuse overtime to anyone not vaccinated. Annual pay rises are entirely discretionary too, so we can withold them until minimum wage catches up with their earnings.
Why would you penalize anyone that doesn't take the vaccine?
You've been called for business to be open for a year because covid will only kill old people and people less important than the economy - that remains the same with people who refuse the vaccine.

Why would you penalize anyone that doesn't take the vaccine?
You've been called for business to be open for a year because covid will only kill old people and people less important than the economy - that remains the same with people who refuse the vaccine.
I've offered everyone who doesn't want to come in and work the opportunity to stay at home unpaid.

I'll offer the same to everyone who doesn't want the vaccine.

Back