• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Although the vaccine rollout here is way behind many countries, we’ve been advised that once vaccinated there’ll be a certificate on your smartphone. Makes sense to me and I’ve read that the percentage of anti vaxxers is negligible here (<10%). Obviously helps that we’re such an obedient/sheeplike society but I can really see an end to this by around August.

Although the vaccine rollout here is way behind many countries, we’ve been advised that once vaccinated there’ll be a certificate on your smartphone. Makes sense to me and I’ve read that the percentage of anti vaxxers is negligible here (<10%). Obviously helps that we’re such an obedient/sheeplike society but I can really see an end to this by around August.
Australia has a pretty good record with keeping cranks out of medicine.

Haven't you had some solid court decisions regarding homeopaths and the like over the last few years?

I've offered everyone who doesn't want to come in and work the opportunity to stay at home unpaid.

I'll offer the same to everyone who doesn't want the vaccine.

I hate agreeing with you here. But this is for their own safety and that of society. And they are objectively wronguns if they don't want the vaccine.

Just been to a local shop to buy some milk, bread for the next few days
4 people walking around the shop without a mask on, people are just fudging dumb

Covid vaccinations have been administered at pace in Bradford, as in the rest of the UK. But data indicates a high level of refusal among those aged 80 or over in the Pakistani community.

Dr John Wright of Bradford Royal Infirmary, who is writing a diary for the BBC, considers the implications.

"By the end of January 67,000 people had received at least one Covid vaccination in Bradford, including 82.5% of those aged 80 and above.

"However, dig a little deeper and there are some concerning numbers in the data.

"While within the White British and Mixed-race British ethnic groups 87% of people in this age bracket have been vaccinated, only 46% of the 1,800 people aged 80 and over in the Pakistani community have been vaccinated - and 23% have refused the vaccine.

"These figures are provided by GPs who have been calling people at home, and inviting them to come and get vaccinated.

"Among the 30% of those aged 80 or over in the Pakistani community who have neither been vaccinated nor refused the vaccine, it's likely that some - perhaps many - are undecided.

"We were already aware, thanks to a survey by researchers at Born in Bradford and the Bradford Institute for Health Research, that South Asian and Eastern European communities were more likely to be unsure about the vaccine, or opposed to it, than others.

"Socio-economic status also plays a role, the researchers discovered, with these hesitant or sceptical attitudes more common in less well-off households."

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-7_14-36-6.gif
    upload_2021-2-7_14-36-6.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 6
You had the vaccine?

Looks like numbers coming down. Nice to be in a first world country.

Should be in Africa we only expecting in June

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Will be about May time for me I think
I do worry about other parts of the world, the UK have already said when they have done everybody who wants it in the UK they will help other countries

Will be about May time for me I think
I do worry about other parts of the world, the UK have already said when they have done everybody who wants it in the UK they will help other countries

Chances are the vaccine will be out of date to some percentage by the time we are done.

the chances of not being in some form of lockdown sooner rather than later vaccine or not is pretty low.

Covid vaccinations have been administered at pace in Bradford, as in the rest of the UK. But data indicates a high level of refusal among those aged 80 or over in the Pakistani community.

Dr John Wright of Bradford Royal Infirmary, who is writing a diary for the BBC, considers the implications.

"By the end of January 67,000 people had received at least one Covid vaccination in Bradford, including 82.5% of those aged 80 and above.

"However, dig a little deeper and there are some concerning numbers in the data.

"While within the White British and Mixed-race British ethnic groups 87% of people in this age bracket have been vaccinated, only 46% of the 1,800 people aged 80 and over in the Pakistani community have been vaccinated - and 23% have refused the vaccine.

"These figures are provided by GPs who have been calling people at home, and inviting them to come and get vaccinated.

"Among the 30% of those aged 80 or over in the Pakistani community who have neither been vaccinated nor refused the vaccine, it's likely that some - perhaps many - are undecided.

"We were already aware, thanks to a survey by researchers at Born in Bradford and the Bradford Institute for Health Research, that South Asian and Eastern European communities were more likely to be unsure about the vaccine, or opposed to it, than others.

"Socio-economic status also plays a role, the researchers discovered, with these hesitant or sceptical attitudes more common in less well-off households."
Guess we need a few more vaccine hubs to be operating inside mosques to improve uptake amongst that section of society.

Very disappointing numbers from my community. Its heart breaking. Many lives will have been lost. Like Brexit voters these people have been sold a lie. They are to some extent victims albeit partly of their own stupidity. However those who lead the charge with this type of misinformation are the true criminals.

I do feel strongly that vaccine passports are needed. But I think from a civil liberties perspective they should only be enforced once everyone has been offered the vaccine. Otherwise it's unjust.

Chances are the vaccine will be out of date to some percentage by the time we are done.

the chances of not being in some form of lockdown sooner rather than later vaccine or not is pretty low.

I’m not sure. The vaccines do still seem to prevent hospitalisations and deaths in the mutations that we know about.

I do think we need to be sorting track and trace. We’re going to have to be good at squashing new variants for some time to come.

Back