• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

We're hearing especially in London that large parts of BAME communities are not having it because of religious beliefs and brick like that, insane

That’s so stupid. They’ll have covid rampant in their communities continuously for goodness sake.

shrugs!

seriously though. Wtf. What is the take up rate in the U.K ?
Less than 20% of Brits are antivax according to most recent polling I've seen.

https://www.kantar.com/north-americ...inds-vaccine-hesitant-public-in-france-and-us
  • 37% of French citizens would definitely/probably not have a COVID-19 vaccine if one were made available to them, over twice the level in Great Britain (GB) (14%) and Italy (12%).
  • 26% of people in the US and 23% of people in Germany say they definitely/probably would not have a vaccine.
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/international/articles-reports/2021/01/22/europe-becoming-more-pro-vaccine

With coronavirus vaccination programmes continuing apace across the world, data from YouGov’s COVID-19 trackers shows that Europeans are increasingly willing to take the vaccine.

The biggest increase has been in Sweden. In our first survey there in mid-November only 45% of Swedes said they would be willing to take the vaccine. That figure has since increased to 66% who would take the vaccine (or have already done so).

Britain has seen a similarly large increase, going from 61% to 81%. Perhaps the most important shift has taken place in France. At the time of our first survey conducted there in mid-November only 32% of French people said they would take the jab. This figure actually fell to 24% by mid-December – the lowest level of any country surveyed. Since then, however, willingness levels have risen to 46%.

We're hearing especially in London that large parts of BAME communities are not having it because of religious beliefs and brick like that, insane

In my community the religious folk have seen their local religious leaders all have the vaccine and videos have been shared encouraging. The uptake has increased massively. There is no religious reasons in the Muslim community. There is absolutely conspiracy theory clams but that is driven across alot of society where education standards are low and poverty is rife. White, Brown, Black, Atheist, Xtian, Muslim and whoever. Plenty of ignorance to go around

In my community the religious folk have seen their local religious leaders all have the vaccine and videos have been shared encouraging. The uptake has increased massively. There is no religious reasons in the Muslim community. There is absolutely conspiracy theory clams but that is driven across alot of society where education standards are low and poverty is rife. White, Brown, Black, Atheist, Xtian, Muslim and whoever. Plenty of ignorance to go around
My wife has a couple of Muslim colleagues in Luton and their husbands are adamant the vaccine has pork in it so they won’t take it!!!!!
I’ve been helping her out with info and facts confirming it’s not true but the ladies won’t listen to anyone other than their husbands. Such a shame as there great nurses too apparently but can’t work currently

Last edited:
My wife has a couple of Muslim colleagues in Luton and their husbands are adamant the vaccine has pork in it so they won’t take it!!!!!
I’ve been helping her out with info and facts confirming it’s not true but the ladies won’t listen to anyone other than their husbands. Such a shame as there great nurses too apparently but can’t work currently

There's tens of thousands of Christians who believe that the vaccine contains transmitters so as Bill Gates and George Soros can monitor us all...as Luton said, etc...

There's tens of thousands of Christians who believe that the vaccine contains transmitters so as Bill Gates and George Soros can monitor us all...as Luton said, etc...
I’m sure there is
My comment was more aimed at an example where miss information is yet again harming someone because of their religion

What a shame. I'd be happy to reach out and speak to them but not sure how simple that is. We are working hard here.

I'd be interested to see if anyone has any decent data on it, but it certainly seems as if the religious are heavily represented in the vaccine crank groups.

I'd suggest the correlation exists. The idea that science and religion are antithetical is not unusual in these circles and I think that is where this begins. But it is tragic.

What a shame. I'd be happy to reach out and speak to them but not sure how simple that is. We are working hard here.
Oh I know
Oh just shows how some misinformation can lead to bad things possibly
They have had some other muslim colleagues contact one of them but it’s her husband telling her no
The biggest loss here is they are both very good nurses who could be helping others too
They can’t even leave home currently as their not allowed to work because they won’t the the vaccine

Back