• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I've been saying this for a while - the next few months in NZ and Australia holds the key.

In theory they are at zero. No one is getting in without 14days full quarantine either.
Those conditions on paper would irradicate.
If they do, then other countries need to find a way to do the same.
The real test will be in winter.

Hasn't NZ maintained 0 cases for months already? Same as most of Australia, Victoria aside? They just had to catch up... Strict quarantine when moving between states.

England have been utterly inept by comparison.
Easier to do when there's 3 or 4 countries' worth of space between anything resembling a city and the next. And some sheep to keep the travellers entertained, obv.

I don't believe the virus has been eradicated here. It's about 10 days since our lockdown ended, the real test will be the next 14 days. That's where test and trace really comes into it. If they can't trace and then isolate then we will definitely go back into lockdown (but people won't go so easily this time.)

Lots of people want test and trace to be the strategy in the UK but it's simply not possible when you've got 20,000+ cases per day. That's why you have lockdown - to put you in a position to finish the job.

Is probably the best thing to do when you have no answer to the points I've raised.

I've provided answers, you just refuse to acknowledge them.

Instead you moan, moan some more, throw your hands in the air, say it's all too hard in little old England so let's just allow people to die to save the economy.

I've provided answers, you just refuse to acknowledge them.

Instead you moan, moan some more, throw your hands in the air, say it's all too hard in little old England so let's just let people die to save the economy.
Correction: Impossible in England.

How can the government ensure quarantine between West Sussex and Hampshire?

If they patrol the A27 (which has a few hundred cars passing every minute across the border) then I can just take one of the hundreds of other roads that are less than 30 minutes out of my way.

If they patrol the A27 (which has a few hundred cars passing every minute across the border) then I can just take one of the hundreds of other roads that are less than 30 minutes out of my way.

Plenty of side-roads in Australia and NZ.. It's about providing clear instruction to the public, empowering them to do the right thing and then patrolling what you can.

It's not impossible, but the inept bunch of clams in power have certainly made it appear that way.

Plenty of side-roads in Australia and NZ.. It's about providing clear instruction to the public, empowering them to do the right thing and then patrolling what you can.

It's not impossible, but the inept bunch of clams in power have certainly made it appear that way.
Why would people voluntarily quarantine just because they've driven over an imaginary line?

We are the most densely packed country in Europe I believe.

Easier to do when there's 3 or 4 countries' worth of space between anything resembling a city and the next. And some sheep to keep the travellers entertained, obv.
That actually misses the point - they have reduced numbers to zero everywhere; that includes the cities. So your comparison doesn't stand up.
It's a harder task in the UK, but the principles remain the same and need to be driven by solid governance and compliance.

We are the most densely packed country in Europe I believe.
3rd behind Netherlands and Belgium; however not dissimilar to Germany. That's the UK.

England however is 2nd behind Netherlands.

I really think we should got total and hard lockdown for a short period (20 days?) to aggressively reduce the number and then review.
But for Europe we need a consistent approach.
Australia has the advantage of being the physical size of Europe but with very few people.
They also were aggressive, closing the borders to Kiwi's and there own citizens.

We have a halfway house in the UK.
And a wider problem in Europe.

0 cases now.

Unless you're planning to build a TrumpWall around each city, eventually there will be cases again. If the answer to those cases is another lockdown, then they don't work.
I am slightly baffled. The Aussies do think they have forward wound to somewhere better when the reality is they have rewound to somewhere better. All the same issues await, it's a reset only.

If game changing therapeutics or a vaccine come along in this period then the long lockdown would have been worth it (from a virus death pov only)

Conversely if you've clamped down hard on infections, logic dictates more of you remain potential hosts if (probably when) the virus takes hold again.

Back