• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

We were allowed into our office yesterday for an hour or so, to pick up anything needed from our desks, collect stuff that had been delivered during lockdown, do printing etc.
Canary Wharf was so, so quiet. I was there at lunchtime when the shopping centre is usually very busy with people grabbing something to eat, running shopping errands etc. but I could probably have easily counted the number of people milling around.
I can't see how many of the shops, bars, restaurants can survive into next year (assuming things aren't going to change drastically before then).

We were allowed into our office yesterday for an hour or so, to pick up anything needed from our desks, collect stuff that had been delivered during lockdown, do printing etc.
Canary Wharf was so, so quiet. I was there at lunchtime when the shopping centre is usually very busy with people grabbing something to eat, running shopping errands etc. but I could probably have easily counted the number of people milling around.
I can't see how many of the shops, bars, restaurants can survive into next year (assuming things aren't going to change drastically before then).

I imagine the announcement today has made the mind up of a few places that are 50/50

What next? Another lockdown nationwide

companies ain’t going to pay for covid securing a building for it only to be shut down

I doubt a leader being Asian bothers most most Tories. It would only bother racists. Although Priti as PM would petrify me. Not because she is brown, but more so coz she is quiet clearly an absolute heartless incompetent fool.

On another note, would you? Priti. Not Sunak.

I doubt a leader being Asian bothers most most Tories. It would only bother racists. Although Priti as PM would petrify me. Not because she is brown, but more so coz she is quiet clearly an absolute heartless incompetent fool.

That last comment is sexist.

I saw this and the question really really has to be whether the more comprehensive testing scheme in place is just uncovering more cases (that are hopefully asymptomatic), or whether we are going to see a rise in hospitalisations and deaths in a few weeks?

The proportion testing positive is much lower than the spring, so hopefully no second wave in a fortnight when the some are saying that these new cases will be hospitalised...

8D6BCCBE-E8BD-4C1D-997E-0D732CCA8527.jpeg
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-track-coronavirus-cases

I saw this and the question really really has to be whether the more comprehensive testing scheme in place is just uncovering more cases (that are hopefully asymptomatic), or whether we are going to see a rise in hospitalisations and deaths in a few weeks?
If we (let's say) get to 5k infections per day like the graph shows was happening back at the peak, the hospitalisation s chart will never mirror the peak simply because we were probably running at 60/70k infections a day and just didn't have the testing capacity to identify that.

The proportion testing positive is much lower than the spring, so hopefully no second wave in a fortnight when the some are saying that these new cases will be hospitalised...

View attachment 9289
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-track-coronavirus-cases
The better measure (as he alludes too) is not % of positive tests when earlier you were mainly testing people who very much looked like they had it or frontline workers.

Are there any rules restricting pubs from showing the footy at the weekend?

No restrictions, sport can be shown.

But guidelines are that shouting and cheering is not permitted.
And of course sitting at tables is the requirement.
I imagine some paces will be less rigid in their application of the rules than others.

If she lost a few stone, yes.

Don't disagree, clearly Tories have done wonders attracting women (leaders) and prominent people of colour compared to Labour (and Libs) especially. I just can't see it happening. As an asian i don't care if Rishi gets the job, wouldn't make me vote for him any more/less than now anwyay. Policies matter more.

What i will say though, is fudge me, the current crop are brick.

Yep, it's the D Generation running the country now.

Fingers crossed that reopening schools and universities has as little effect upon this measure as pubs, restaurants and hair dressers did...

It is a bit of a worry that positive tests have increased with the double effect of return to school and return to work (because of kids being back at school) yet to filter into the figures.

That said, if we were testing 200k at the start of March the start of that graph (new cases) wouldn't look like the Matterhorn...more table top mountain and way above the scale on the left axis.

The potential worry is that although hospitalisations are low it maybe just because we've just done a full reset and right now is akin to January/Early February and give it another 6 weeks and we might look like early April did.(ie we get to see the full cycle of a wave)...let's hope not.

Back